RIP Oderus. Gone, but never forgotten.

Josh

So it breaks my heart to have to right this, but sadly ex-moderator and member Oderus has sadly passed away.

All we know for now is that he got really ill but not much more. I’ve spoken with his brother briefly. 

I hope all that knew him and didnt know him will join me in sending him off. 

Oderus was one of the nicest gamers id ever met and I truely will miss him.

o7 to you brother, rest in peace.

• S0zi0p4th featured and pinned this topic

We've shared so many memories with Ody,

If you didn't know him, he's the kinda guy to bring people together buying gaming bundles for his friends to join him in whatever crazy adventure he could find next, payday, life is feudal, red solstice, dayZ, Mount+Blade.... this list goes on. We'd joke about him rage quitting but that feisty personality that always fought for what was fair for the people is the oderous I love. Equally he's a chap you could sit down and chill with, watch some youtube playlists (including who killed captain alex, world star, failarmy!) and I'm sure a few of you reading this have fond memories of that! Our inside joke was that we'd share "sea chanties" with each other (which were actually just grime, hip hop and similar tunes!).

I'm gonna miss you Jeff... all of our crew will... 

Peace...

1 hour ago, Shadow Knight said:

Even though I didn't really know Oderus that well. I only played a few games with him but when I did he was always making every one laugh.

@Bloo Flar3 @Colsta Will remember this moment when he was in a closet getting high >>Oderus

Rest in peace bro. 

My first memory when I heard the news.

Terrible loss.

Oderus was and still is to me a great dude,

Like Shadow was saying the best memory was when we was playing Dead By Daylight together and we've not seen Oderus all game and he wasn't talking and I said "He's probably in a closet getting high", a second later we hear from Oderus sounding high as fuck "Oh Hi Buddy",  we all burst out laughing as he was taken out the closet to a hook.

Your all way too kind , we all knew Jeff as a great dude and will be missed by all in this community you are apart of, I apologize for his sudden departure and as his roommate and best friend. If you are ever in the area of Massachusetts hit me up and we can burn one for Oderus,  I'll make sure to be available for anyone who wants to talk about Jeff , if you have any interest in attending his services his family will be planning it in the next few weeks so reach out to me and we can exchange info

IMG953527.jpg

IMG951657.jpg

Though I have left ahoy world, his passing touches me dearly. For those who alerted me of this sad news, thank you. It's always sad to see a brother leave this world for a better place. I will remember him dearly and will mourn him with you all. My condolences to his family and close friends. For he may not be forgotten.

Although I had not spoken to him as well as to many other people here in some time, it still saddened me when I heard the news.

When I first met Oderus; I kind of felt as if he was somewhat of an oddball. After getting to know him over time I found out that below the oddness there was a heart of gold and a personality one could only wish of to encounter in a friend-to-be.

I have many great memories of Oderus which include: watching videos like worldstarhiphop or car crash compilations, playing Golf with your Friends and listing to music together - when I would (accidentally) skip the guitar solo Oderus would always get so mad.

I will be forever grateful for the time he has shared with me and also the games which he has gifted me during his adventures - what razgriz phrased perfectly.

My condolences go to his family and friends and to everyone who as ever had the pleasure of getting to know him, his loss is truly great.

My deepest condolences to those closest to him.

I didn't know Oderus as well as others, but regardless I do remember some guy coming on EU3 back in the good ol' days, joining in on the banter and combat with some hilarious lines while he was completely stoned. Needless to say, we all know who it was.

Nobody else was like that back then and never has been even til now, a true one of a kind laugh.

Rest easy Jeff.

Despite not being a part of AhoyWorld anymore I was shocked when I first heard this news. I knew Oderus for the 3 or so years I was here, he was always somebody you could have fun with, whether it be in games or just chilling in the Teamspeak server. We played plenty of games together; Arma, Squad, Project Cars etc. Of course we had our little disagreements, like anybody does (mostly in Project Cars) but we'd both always come back and jump right back into the game and be as friendly as ever. 

I hadn't spoken to him recently but I think there are certain people you come across in life that you don't forget, for some reason they just stand out and stay with you, I think for a lot of people here that knew him, Oderus was and always will be one of those people.

You'll be missed Oderus, keep on being awesome wherever you are.

On 4/21/2018 at 7:52 AM, razgriz33 said:

We've shared so many memories with Ody,

If you didn't know him, he's the kinda guy to bring people together buying gaming bundles for his friends to join him in whatever crazy adventure he could find next, payday, life is feudal, red solstice, dayZ, Mount+Blade.... this list goes on. We'd joke about him rage quitting but that feisty personality that always fought for what was fair for the people is the oderous I love. Equally he's a chap you could sit down and chill with, watch some youtube playlists (including who killed captain alex, world star, failarmy!) and I'm sure a few of you reading this have fond memories of that! Our inside joke was that we'd share "sea chanties" with each other (which were actually just grime, hip hop and similar tunes!).

I'm gonna miss you Jeff... all of our crew will... 

Peace...

Screenshot_20180423-015027~2.png

Wraith has made this fundraiser in memory of oderus, the funds all go to a company that gives games consoles to people in hospital. 

It seems quite fitting since he was always buying people within the community games so they could play with him. 

https://fundraise.gamersoutreach.org/campaign/jeff-xoderusurungusx-lincoln-memorial-fund-s9nlcoifr2w7