Frontlines Feedback Thread

MidnightRunner

Very fun grand opening! I enjoyed it. Couple of feedback items:

- Rename Hammer & Anvil Squad Leader to Commander, it's more accurate I believe.

- Add special icons for the Frontlines ACE interactions to make it stand out from the rest.

- POW launcher and launcher ammo doesn't get removed.

Also: the AW view distance menu resets the terrain settings to smoothest every time I open it.

Thank you AW for another challenge, loved this one!

1. Ok, there is this medical thing where people got a "minor" head (only thing is: head is slightly yellow) injury and you can't do anything but watch them die after two minutes...
2. The weapon sway after a (minor) shot in the upper part of body is just too much. almost got motion sickness in the first 1 hour. even after stitching and everything - it won't stop.
3. Frame rate drops/lagging/desync made the mission almost unplayable sometimes. (believe me i'm used to have bad performance...)
4. After first respawn I lost random medical inventory supplies, e.g. no more quick clothes.
4.5 there's some weird behavior with the direct audio, every player voice is very loud until your team mates get 12m far from you and the audio drops to nearly zero suddenly. Audio unbalanced in general
5. DUI got a little bug where it didn't stop to show the speech bubble. just got to DUI settings -  Radar - "show units communicating" and switch that off...
Overall got a great experience today. Much love for this, Dom. This thing forced us all out of our (LIBERATION) comfort zone in a good way.
♥️

Havoc all the things you've mentioned are being worked on, schubz when did these framedrops happen?  When an objective spawned in or something like that or just at random?  And we'll have a look at the medical items disappearing.  And river could you elaborate on what you mean?

On 4/16/2021 at 9:07 PM, Havoc said:

Very fun grand opening! I enjoyed it. Couple of feedback items:

- Rename Hammer & Anvil Squad Leader to Commander, it's more accurate I believe.

- Add special icons for the Frontlines ACE interactions to make it stand out from the rest.

- POW launcher and launcher ammo doesn't get removed.

Also: the AW view distance menu resets the terrain settings to smoothest every time I open it.

1. Makes sense, we'll change that
2. If we have some in-house graphical talent I'd be well up for that, however we want to keep unique and not re-use assets from elsewhere.
3. Was a design choice, PoW's drop their currently held weapon then instantly surrender.
Ref view distance, if you can get with me on teamspeak we can go through and see what the issue is, that sounds like your user data may be a bit borked.
Found an issue in AWMod.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:06 AM, Schubz said:

Thank you AW for another challenge, loved this one!

1. Ok, there is this medical thing where people got a "minor" head (only thing is: head is slightly yellow) injury and you can't do anything but watch them die after two minutes...
2. The weapon sway after a (minor) shot in the upper part of body is just too much. almost got motion sickness in the first 1 hour. even after stitching and everything - it won't stop.
3. Frame rate drops/lagging/desync made the mission almost unplayable sometimes. (believe me i'm used to have bad performance...)
4. After first respawn I lost random medical inventory supplies, e.g. no more quick clothes.
4.5 there's some weird behavior with the direct audio, every player voice is very loud until your team mates get 12m far from you and the audio drops to nearly zero suddenly. Audio unbalanced in general
5. DUI got a little bug where it didn't stop to show the speech bubble. just got to DUI settings -  Radar - "show units communicating" and switch that off...
Overall got a great experience today. Much love for this, Dom. This thing forced us all out of our (LIBERATION) comfort zone in a good way.
♥️

1. In the old settings, they would usually die off a headshot so this does give them another chance at life. I'll admit even I monged out yesterday, if someone takes a headshot there's a good chance all they need is to be bandaged, then CPR'd to give them a pulse back, if they lose too much blood they will then require a medic so it benefits a buddy system so you're always looking out for each other :)
2. This may be a combination of pain + fractured limbs, morphine would usually help.

3. Honestly, yesterday was a bit unprecendented to me - we had 42 players attacking 4 objectives simulataenously which is absolutely awesome to see, there were over 300 opfor AI being ran so I must say I am not too surprised that frames took a hit. I've adjusted a few values to try and clean things up a bit better which may help us out a bit.
4. I'll have to look at this, I can't reproduce this easily.

4.5. I'd guess this was a TFAR having an issue - it was also bugging out with radios.
5. Known bug with DUI, a server setting was meant to be forced to turn it off for clients until its fixed (a PR is on their github).

3 hours ago, DomT said:

Ref view distance, if you can get with me on teamspeak we can go through and see what the issue is, that sounds like your user data may be a bit borked.

@WinterMute already mentioned it in the mod feedback thread (were I should've put it in the first place) together with a video. If it's still needed, I have time today so let me know when you want to hop on TS for this.

8 hours ago, WinterMute said:

There is a mobile respawn on the deploy screen with no co-ords, and the camera zooms over to 0,0 when it's selected.

oh this reminds of a bug we had on chernarus when i didnt built the (ground mobile) respawn and it was just half built (with some green textures) at the spawn point/island :D

I think the clean up script still needs some more tweaking. after finishing/fighting through objectives there's so much bodys (friendlies and hostile) and burned out vics around. at this point it's not the AI spawning in what gives me frame drops, it's the remains still laying around after a run for an objective that kills my frames. Another observation is that in general we need somewhat strong SL or TL leadership to go anywhere, which is a good thing imo. I hope SL's or TL's don't forget about the retreat and regroup we have to do sometimes, better lose some square inches of  area then lose most of the effective elements in the field... (realized that after playing with @MidnightRunner on todays GN)

On 4/17/2021 at 10:06 AM, Stanhope said:

schubz when did these framedrops happen?  When an objective spawned in or something like that or just at random?  And we'll have a look at the medical items disappearing.  

it was indeed when objectives/AI spawned in. Which is, considering the amount of these much different friendly units/squads was not a small count... was not that bad as in "my machine couldn't handle it" but was quite remarkable. it was not that horrible but it left a dent in my overall experience... :)

Can we have a look at the fob hunt spawning?

The last couple of times i've had to try to spawn it probably 20 or 30 times before it found a suitable location

It might be because our frontline is a bit weird right now, but its been a bit annoying to deal with. (That being said, after enough tries, it has always worked so far)

unknown.png

On 4/19/2021 at 1:48 AM, Schubz said:

I think the clean up script still needs some more tweaking. after finishing/fighting through objectives there's so much bodys (friendlies and hostile) and burned out vics around. at this point it's not the AI spawning in what gives me frame drops, it's the remains still laying around after a run for an objective that kills my frames. Another observation is that in general we need somewhat strong SL or TL leadership to go anywhere, which is a good thing imo. I hope SL's or TL's don't forget about the retreat and regroup we have to do sometimes, better lose some square inches of  area then lose most of the effective elements in the field... (realized that after playing with @MidnightRunner on todays GN)

Have tweaked around with various settings, should improve but will get a better view from gamenight tomorrow.

On 4/17/2021 at 12:37 PM, Havoc said:

@WinterMute already mentioned it in the mod feedback thread (were I should've put it in the first place) together with a video. If it's still needed, I have time today so let me know when you want to hop on TS for this.

Found the issue, this will be fixed in next AWMod update.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, WinterMute said:

There is a mobile respawn on the deploy screen with no co-ords, and the camera zooms over to 0,0 when it's selected.

Found the issue, happened when recycling a mobile respawn. Fix will be in next update for gamenight tomorrow.

Problem still happening, it seems the whole binocular section is broken for me.

Just replicated the same bug with a different Squad (Bravo), loaded gear, then changed to Vector 21 Nite, ranged object, ran for 10 seconds then crashed. Role was Rifleman, also happened to me in Engineer slot too.