Frontlines Feedback Thread

MidnightRunner

55 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

The M240G is missing from the (woodland) USMC arsenal:

//Weapon

"rhs_weap_m240G",

//Ammo

"rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m61_ap","rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m62_tracer","rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51",

The M240 is not in the arsenal as it has been moved into the supply depot:
image.thumb.png.57df12586e5e6b1d55af83cfba896d3b.png

1 hour ago, Stanhope said:

The M240G is missing from the (woodland) USMC arsenal:

//Weapon

"rhs_weap_m240G",

//Ammo

"rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m61_ap","rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m62_tracer","rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51",

It's in the logistics box named "MMG"

//EDIT

Scratch this. Didn't see Dom's response.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.
On todays gamenight, we had quite a bit of TFAR issues, especially around how long the radios reached.

I know @Bomer had some issues, where he could receive the other party, but was not able to transmit back to them.

I also experienced some weird range issues later, ref video: https://youtu.be/SCruQ4gr0E4

I'm not quite sure what to make of it, or if its something we can fix on our end, but I felt it needed to be registered anyways.

It seemed like terrain had an impact on it as in an open space surrounded by trees(30-40 Meters every direction) only people within the open space were able to hear me but anyone beyond the treeline wasn't. Despite being within 152 and LR range.

This even occurred on a open field with no trees or buildings for 100 or more meters.

Yeah, it seemed to happen around trenches aswell, making me wonder if trees and trenches are counted as buildings.

That being said, i've not had this issue before so something seems to have changed.

Whether its TFAR updating and actually modeling interference from building, or if its server config after some gamenight is unknown.

Could also be the mission, but it seems unlikely

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kman said:

fry 18.6.

every little booboo (singular hit by enemy riflemen) seems to results in unconsious state, super boring and annoying not gonna lie..

Everytime I treated you, you suffered from a head injury. I don't think the damage is the problem as much as the unfortunate accuracy you experienced today was.

The suppressing fire from Lambs, ACE, whatever it is needs looking at, not only can they see where you are and pin point you regardless of how much cover you are in the suppressing fire is extremely accurate, it's like the whole AO know what time you wake up, brush your teeth, arrive at work and know your every move, it's starting to get a little bit grating. The map Isla Duala is the most ugliest map to every grace my eyeballs, its map textures are ugly as sin and you can see where the terrain manipulation tool was over used, lets say 99% of the map and then there is the lag issue of looking a certain degree and your frames go to 5fps if you're lucky. No disrespect to Siege for his efforts trying to fix the map problems but you can't polish a turd.

TLDR:

Staff: Please remove Isla Duala from the map rotation.

Dom: Please reign lambs in.

Let me just add to this, restrict the amount of ammo the suppressive fire element has or give them a cool down rng based?

As I was also discussing with Midnight, there seem to be two separate issues.

One is LAMBS & AI settings, resulting in long range engagements ignoring cover and accuracy. This might be worth adjusting depending on a map played. Some deserty/high hills maps - like Takistan - are benefiting from AI engaging on longer distances, because otherwise AI is just too passive.

But for the most maps with lot of folliage it gets into usual Arma problems with "you've been shot throught 3 bushes".

You could also just take this as higher difficulty and adjust, but that would in this case mean deploying armored & air assets with prejudice and looking for high-ground sniping positions all the time. Doable on gamenight, not so much on Frontlines.

Second thing is the damage and ACE Medical settings. I heard it mentioned before, that one of the reasons people go uncon so often, is that they would have actually died, but settings are preventing this by instead rendering them uncon.

Might be worth pushing this slider little bit back, It is often better to die and respawn than to lie somewhere 2 minutes uncon.

Get rid of LAMBS it's not fun with these OP Serbians, tanking SNIPER bullets to the face and don't flinch but 1 tap you and everyone knows where you are, you can't peak a fucking wall to see where to shoot because some way they are telepathic. I simply will stop playing the game mode all together, it's not fun any more and it's also taking too long to bandage.

15 hours ago, RiverWolf said:

Get rid of LAMBS it's not fun with these OP Serbians, tanking SNIPER bullets to the face and don't flinch but 1 tap you and everyone knows where you are, you can't peak a fucking wall to see where to shoot because some way they are telepathic. I simply will stop playing the game mode all together, it's not fun any more and it's also taking too long to bandage.

hate to break it to ya bud, but LAMBS is not the problem there. if anything LAMBS make the ai more toned down in terms of the info they have and how they act upon it (they will suppress the last known position - for example you pop out from around a corner and back, the ai makes a decision to suppress you so they spray that area - instead of the vanilla behaviour of tracking you through a wall and hit you on the other side)

granted, the ai can communicate to other ai groups about the info they have, plus adding the factor of tfar and maybe ai hearing it might be possible to track your location fairly accurately (as a human would be able to)

i suspect its the map, that causing the problem, vanilla AI doesnt count a lot of objects as feasible cover or concealment (hell, on some mod maps they flat out ignore buildings and they can see through it), LAMBS does add a lot more extra objects into that, for some reason not even LAMBS can pick up things on the map (which would be ignored by vanilla AI anyway, so taking LAMBS out would make the problem even worse)

all in all, im defending LAMBS, and want to clarify that your problems origin is definitely not the AI behaviour tree, its more likely that the map and how it was made is the cause...

just for info, LAMBS add more objects into the AI list to use as cover, and enhance some fuzzy decision trees to make it more clear and readable for the onlooker. doesnt affect the AIs ability to see or ignore buildings in terms of tracking you (thats map issue) and this is why i think if you take out LAMBS more maps will be problematic and unplayable... bad combo of weapons, armor values, map, rather than lambs causing the ai to be snipers (thats not what LAMBS do)

my 2 cents, as a programmer i hate when ppl blame something that they dont have any knowledge about what it does.

i suggest you load up the editor, try it our for yourself, with and without lambs (mod has some nifty debug features where it states what the ai is about to do and what state are they in you can observe that in zeus)

AW dev team cant do shit about maps being badly configured and edited

Well Gambit I'm no programmer or dev so forgive me for mistaking a problem for another. You should go and play AWE and see how much of a shit show it is, I really can't be bothered to comment further as nothing gets listened to. I will not be playing AWE until something is done, I'm not the only one with problems regarding AI. The sever is dying and it's all well and good trying to rally people to AWE but no one really wants to play, you can tell that by the numbers of people coming to game night on Wednesday and then leaving half an hour after joining and then it's a domino effect, people start thinking what's the point when it's not fun. The server in its current state is a meat grinder, I appreciate the hard work from Dom but I really am not having fun or enjoying the server and why would anyone play something that they didn't enjoy? So I'm just going to be playing EU1 for now.

On 6/23/2021 at 6:38 PM, Havoc said:

Mobile respawn marker shows even though the vehicle itself is destroyed (wreck).

Should be fixed next update.

On 6/23/2021 at 7:50 PM, Havoc said:

Helicopter explodes after unloading crate (not through ACE cargo). Seems to not disable simulation when unloading crates.

Have made it so rotors aren't spinning before the interaction is available.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, applechaser said:

capturing POW's while they are still inside a helicopter bugs it out until someone else gets in that passenger seat

Fixed in next update.

Reference LAMBS, Frontlines only uses its patrol, garrison and camp functions directly, and only for defensive AI. Otherwise its just the normal AI into combat, begin LAMBS stuff, so I can't influence it too much. There are a few CBA settings we can try and change but not sure how fruitful it is. Isla Duala may also not be helping, and will probably be avoided for future runs.

Side mission idea:

Rebuilt civilian structures.

Cost: 100 supplies per damaged structure

Reward: Regain 60% of civilian reputation lost on destruction per rebuilt structure

This side mission kinda serves as a way for players to "clean up their own mess" after a firefight. The destroyed buildings and to which objective they belong get saved by the mission. When players launch the side mission, it chooses an (maybe random) objective that has destroyed structures. Players then simply have to drop the supplies off at the objective. For every structure rebuilt they regain some civilian reputation.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:25 PM, Havoc said:

Side mission idea:

Rebuilt civilian structures.

Cost: 100 supplies per damaged structure

Reward: Regain 60% of civilian reputation lost on destruction per rebuilt structure

This side mission kinda serves as a way for players to "clean up their own mess" after a firefight. The destroyed buildings and to which objective they belong get saved by the mission. When players launch the side mission, it chooses an (maybe random) objective that has destroyed structures. Players then simply have to drop the supplies off at the objective. For every structure rebuilt they regain some civilian reputation.

Side mission has been implemented so sectors can 'request repairs' from your forces. They will request a number of supplies from you which you need to deliver within 30 minutes, then you will gain 75% of the civ rep loss (so currently +6%). The side mission will be added on the next map change, due to it not being accurate for the current run :)
I have also added a small menu to choose the amount of crates you want to retrieve from a factory, as well as the ability to withdraw resources from a FOB.

Noticed a little problem with the Mi-8 (Mobile re-spawn) and loading crates, if you load more than two crates the helicopter will eat the excess crates, I'm thinking maybe a warning pops up or it makes it so the excess crate doesn't get loaded.

6 minutes ago, RiverWolf said:

Noticed a little problem with the Mi-8 (Mobile re-spawn) and loading crates, if you load more than two crates the helicopter will eat the excess crates, I'm thinking maybe a warning pops up or it makes it so the excess crate doesn't get loaded.

Are you sure it didn't get loaded into another vehicle nearby? There is a check to make sure if the vehicle is already full, it can't add more, and moves on to check other nearby vehicles.