Frontlines Feedback Thread

MidnightRunner

9 hours ago, RiverWolf said:

Well I've read the discord response and I suggest more minus threat level than 10% for a tower please, it has to be felt worth doing and for -10 I don't think it's worth doing.

I have to keep threat balanced so what number would you suggest?

Some other numbers are;

FOB Hunt: -40%
IED Factory: -15%
Supply Depot: -5%
Taking a tower: -3%

Taking a village: +5%
Destroying a tower: -10%

So all in all, destroying a tower after taking it actually reduces it by 13%, which is close to the value of doing a IED factory (which has the intel cost). We need to make sure its not too good, as then other things will be neglected. The insta-destruction of a tower was never aimed to be the primary way of threat reduction, just an extra way to reduce threat or get some consistent intel.

I'd like to make a suggestion regarding night ops, I think it's a shame with how crap the ACE night vision is puts pretty much a complete stop to any kind of night op and as much as I would like to use flares to aid the night they are highly ineffective because of how little time they last and no matter how many are brought they run out quite fast and they also add unnecessary weight to your load out so to counter this I suggest simply adding the vanilla night vision, it would save a lot of hassle and it will keep players from leaving when night rolls around and generally give a bit more fun to the players who do stick around.

1 hour ago, RiverWolf said:

I'd like to make a suggestion regarding night ops, I think it's a shame with how crap the ACE night vision is puts pretty much a complete stop to any kind of night op and as much as I would like to use flares to aid the night they are highly ineffective because of how little time they last and no matter how many are brought they run out quite fast and they also add unnecessary weight to your load out so to counter this I suggest simply adding the vanilla night vision, it would save a lot of hassle and it will keep players from leaving when night rolls around and generally give a bit more fun to the players who do stick around.

Couple of things that come to mind to help fix this issue.

- Haven't noticed it yet but it would help with night operations if there is a full moon. If you have the right screen for it in 80% of the situations you don't even need night vision when it's full moon, and in other situations the extra ambient light helps in general.

- I was planning on requesting the bettir mod, this might be a good time to actually do it. This mod could help fix the problem that you are describing by adding weapon and helmet mounted IR flashlights.

ACE NVG (Dslyecxi's video on it a few years ago, he made the first iteration and donated it to the ACE team) is greatly influenced on what goggles you have and what are the weather conditions.

There is a wide range in between the best and worst case scenarios, but generally speaking, more overcast and fog, nvg less useful. I dont know the exact nvg settings on server, but the film grain effect can be toned down, which helps with the worst cases, although it wont help with the lighting conditions. The BettIR mod might help, but my experience with it tells me it wont solve the bitching, since it relies on dynamic lighting settings on client side, plus the contrast/brightness settings, which will not be influenced by it. 

To quickly run through, in magnitude of influence on ace nvg visibility, weather conditions (overcast, rain, fog) matters the most, then ambient lighting, then weapon mounted ir illum. Dynamic lighting settings control the latter two (number of ir illum visible at once, aka those little lasers have been raised by the ace nvg system compared to vanilla so dynamic lighting wont really screw with that), so if the weather is on the better end of the spectrum, then you will experience less of a problem with flickering lights and suddenly losing illum or flares not lighting up because of the amoung of lights already displayed.

IMO, the first things that players who experience problems with nvgs could do is, check their settings, play around with brightness and contrast in game and on the monitor aswell. To help that, on the server side, settings of film grain could be toned down or almost eliminated, and making sure the weather conditions most likely end up on the better case scenario side at nighttimes (less than 30% overcast, no fog, little to no rain).

If and when i find some time (most likely over the weekend if i wont forget) ill make a spreadsheet about the nvgs, or if any of you are bored enough and want to help, start it, before i get to it, happy days

On 7/14/2021 at 7:40 PM, Havoc said:

Radio Tower - 036059 on current run has a military structure that clips through the buildings surrounding it.

I've shuffled the tower slightly to prevent it clipping, it also now spawns a smaller tower setup but it works better.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:10 PM, Havoc said:

Idea:

Enemy units will come looking for captured units that are still carrying their radio. To prevent this, players have to strip and search every captured unit.

Edit: and remove their radio ofcourse

So you're asking me to spawn more enemies to come and rush you riiiiiiiiiiight? :D

43 minutes ago, DomT said:

So you're asking me to spawn more enemies to come and rush you riiiiiiiiiiight? :D

Couple of Strykers and an Ambrams should be fine.

Just kidding, I was thinking maybe two MRAPs, nothing too heavy but enough to inflict some damage and keep the players on their toes.

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Havoc said:

Would like an item in the self interaction menu that quickly toggles yourself unconscious, because sometimes a player that's been unconscious wakes up but it won't update on some clients and when a zeus toggles the player unconscious, and that seems to fix it.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/7893

Should be enough with just an action with this code:

[ace_player, "AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon", 2] remoteExec ["ace_common_fnc_doAnimation", 2];

I have noticed something funky going on with FOB Charlie, I have no idea why it's happening. Take a loot at the hesco barriers who have seem to have moved, creating holes and going through the bunkers. This happens all over the FOB, but I'm not noticing the same thing happening at FOB Bravo.

image.png.04468123cdd65083c550d30c3a4dd4de.png 

I would like to request three structures to be added to the build menu for every faction. These could be nicely used at platforms.

- BlockConcrete_F

- Land_RampConcrete_F

- Land_RampConcreteHigh_F

This begs the question though: When vehicles are placed on them (or any object), do they safely get loaded in after server restart?

On 8/18/2021 at 9:05 PM, Havoc said:

Would like an item in the self interaction menu that quickly toggles yourself unconscious, because sometimes a player that's been unconscious wakes up but it won't update on some clients and when a zeus toggles the player unconscious, and that seems to fix it.

I'll get this added for next update.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:00 PM, Havoc said:

I have noticed something funky going on with FOB Charlie, I have no idea why it's happening. Take a loot at the hesco barriers who have seem to have moved, creating holes and going through the bunkers. This happens all over the FOB, but I'm not noticing the same thing happening at FOB Bravo.

image.png.04468123cdd65083c550d30c3a4dd4de.png 

Not 100% sure whats going on here, as its very specific wall portions and only at Charlie currently. I've adjusted some code slightly to see if it'll help out in the future.

8 hours ago, Havoc said:

I would like to request three structures to be added to the build menu for every faction. These could be nicely used at platforms.

- BlockConcrete_F

- Land_RampConcrete_F

- Land_RampConcreteHigh_F

This begs the question though: When vehicles are placed on them (or any object), do they safely get loaded in after server restart?

I'll get them added again for the future, I will also change the code so vehicles are spawned in last; so vehicles *should* spawn on top.

Some quick feedback,

>Mission does not seem to be scaling to the number of players online

>Some cars are spawning high up in the air when AO spawns in

>It's taking mags to kill 1 enemy and when you head shot them they are just getting back up like nothing has happened, shot an uncon in both legs multiple times, he comes back around and sprints as fast as he can in to cover and then pops out and 1 taps me

>I think the factions are the wrong way round, we should be the Brits vs the lesser force after fighting the USA, I don't think many will play the server because we've just used Russian equipment and we were struggling to get numbers then

>Just doesn't feel fun having to slog out AO's after multiple respawns

7 hours ago, Sho_Iwaizumi said:

Cost is 25 Intel but it takes away 15 Intel when we start the mission ?

20210828032541_1.jpg

Fixed, funny how it was never noticed before :D

8 hours ago, Sho_Iwaizumi said:

Building Alignment didn't work and that stuff blew up and is now stuck in the air. We placed a new one and want refund

20210828014451_1.jpg

Didn't work, how so? Its about aligning to the ground (whether it places exactly, or matches the terrain gradient) so not sure what you were trying to achieve here.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:38 AM, DomT said:

Didn't work, how so? Its about aligning to the ground (whether it places exactly, or matches the terrain gradient) so not sure what you were trying to achieve here.

well as far as i experienced the default setting is "Align to Ground" as in Matching Terrain Gradient and when i placed the Salvage station, it spawned into the ground and flew up and then destroyed itself midair (The damage animation of a building as in the Damage model gets placed in and the normal undamaged model sinks into the ground, in this case towards the ground as it dissapperad midair)

On 8/28/2021 at 10:38 AM, DomT said:

Fixed as in it was a Typo in Desciption and it actually costs 15 Intel or Typo in Cost Code and it costs 25 ?

Dom do you think it's possible to tweak the consequences for bad civilian reputation? I think at the moment it doesn't really give us much to be worried about, currently it seems like the rep has to be in the extreme negative before they get angry at us and they don't really lay many IED or mines down. If this is too much work never mind 👍