ACRE or TFAR? - Open Discussion

AFAIK, Pac is having the same issues that I and others are.

Hop on, load your kit from Arsenal, check comms are working, go do whatever, then suddenly realise 117f and 152 are bugging out, not letting you hear some people, and having some entirely different people unable to hear you.

It seems pretty clear that this is not down to an improper install, as it's not a matter of ACRE not working at all. It's only the 117f and 152, and it doesn't neccesarily mean you can't be heard by all players. only some.

I'm reasonably new so only used TFAR for a month or so but in my limited experience ACRE2 is more user friendly to the newbie as you simply turn the channel dial as needed, no pissing around finding frequency 101.01mhzzz, although I've not occupied a role requiring more complicated comms in either case.

I liked how the radio in TFAR occupied the radio slot rather than just sitting in a backpack etc. I'm also intrigued by having to carry multiple radios, does this happen in real life? Am I naive in assuming there'd be a single unit to fulfil multiple functions? E.g. If you have three radios, surely you're limited by only having two ears.

In any case, the only issue I've had with ACRE2 has been the babel/dalek effect, which I reliably reproduced by re-slotting in the server, resolution was to restart Arma/TS, annoying but not the end of the world.

I think it's good that people are discussing and providing feedback - although we should all becareful not to sound like whiney spoilt children - I appreciate that a lot of effort has been put in with the overall objective of improving the experience for all (not to piss people off), so thanks to all involved and patience to those currently experiencing issues.

Regards, Alex.

From my side just another wee note, our dev team is also somewhat new to the use of ACRE too so all I ask is for a little patience while we work out the small minor issues. We soon will have it all 100% working with as little issues for everyone as possible! If it doesn't work out obviously we will revert. But I hope everyone can understand this and bare with us.

Think of it this way: If we'd being using ACRE and just to TFAR we'd also be having issues with getting used to the system etc :)

Peace!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ghostdragon" data-cid="31450" data-time="1451947712"><p>

when we are loading kits from the arsenal (even saved ones) how can we avoid the radios being spawned?</p></blockquote>

I put the radio I spawn with in the Arsenals inventory, load my loadout and the grab the radio I put in the arsenal inventory again.

Had no issues so far.

Also, thank you guys for fixing stuff.

I can be patient.

Also looking forward to the next gamenight. I trust you guys slap those bitchbugs out of the code. And if not, there is always another day.

Speaking of radios and arsenal, are we getting access to them eventually? It bothers me I have to ask people around for a 152 or a 117 as a FTL/SL acting as the CO.

I should probably save a loadout with all the radios we use so I don't have to, in hindsight.

My latest experience on EU#3 with ACRE was forced evac to base from AO, because command and logistics (CMD, A SL, Vortex, etc) lost contact on 152 and 117 radios. They checked them in base, they worked, but through the mission, they just suddenly stopped working.

Notable thing is, 343 never has any issues, nor does local chat of course.

Kind of gamebreaking experience.

Well, we're having a lot of issues with ACRE at the moment; Half of the server can't transmit to others, half can't hear others transmitting, etc. Everyone is able to use local comms, so it's not an install issue.

My latest experience on EU#3 with ACRE was forced evac to base from AO, because command and logistics (CMD, A SL, Vortex, etc) lost contact on 152 and 117 radios. They checked them in base, they worked, but through the mission, they just suddenly stopped working.

Notable thing is, 343 never has any issues, nor does local chat of course.

Kind of gamebreaking experience.

Could it be there are no 152 and 117s in the default loadout?

at least from what I heard yesterday and the Arsenal radios tend to bug.

Not really sure thou.

We are working  on a solution about the radios 

in the mean time i urge people to not use radios from the arsenal 

Iff you arrent in a normal slot wich gives you a 152 or 117 you wont get one nor you need one 

iff the server is low pop yes this brings some small issues with the command order but you are all mature enough to folow rules and work with what you get given 

Iff you arrent in a normal slot wich gives you a 152 or 117 you wont get one nor you need one 

you are all mature enough to...work with what you get given 

Nice solution, but that just doesn't work. We TRIED that. I was playing as Vortex during that mission and had zero comms most of the time, even on the supplied radio. The only guaranteed fix I see for 100% of people is to use TFAR until ACRE has been tested extensively and proved to be 100% functional. When multiple players are unable to take part in missions due to an unknown, seemingly unfixable issue, it's hardly fair on them. 

The only other temporary fix I can think of would be to have players unable to use ACRE in a separate TS channel and the same group in-game, so that they can communicate independently. 

As far as I know TFAR is only full-duplex.

ACRE has better simulation for signal-loss, radios have waaaay more configuring options. As said before, TFAR is a light-weight radio mod as of ACRE that wants to go deeper into simulation.

We are still looking into what is causing de-syncronisation between radios, we have pin-pointed some issues (loading radios from Arsenal), but there is also a slight issue with a script that pre-configures 152s and 117s (basically any radio that has an option to name channels/presets).

Staff is going to seriously look into ACRE this weekend, go through everything again.

More info to follow.

As far as I know TFAR is only full-duplex.

ACRE has better simulation for signal-loss, radios have waaaay more configuring options. As said before, TFAR is a light-weight radio mod as of ACRE that wants to go deeper into simulation.

We are still looking into what is causing de-syncronisation between radios, we have pin-pointed some issues (loading radios from Arsenal), but there is also a slight issue with a script that pre-configures 152s and 117s (basically any radio that has an option to name channels/presets).

Staff is going to seriously look into ACRE this weekend, go through everything again.

More info to follow.

This is great to know. Thank you.