ACRE or TFAR? - Open Discussion

As far as I know TFAR is only full-duplex.

ACRE has better simulation for signal-loss, radios have waaaay more configuring options. As said before, TFAR is a light-weight radio mod as of ACRE that wants to go deeper into simulation.

In that case, I am definitely voting for ACRE2 as long as it will work and I hope devs will find the issues soon. As I wrote before, we have really limited knowledge of what's going on, which makes the bugfixing kind of difficult.

I'd say that if ACRE isn't fully fixed and working in the next week or so, we should consider a switch back to TFAR; at least for as long as it takes to test ACRE and get it running completely smoothly.

We should also look into getting a better radio structure put into place; at present there are units without channels, and having two full fireteams plus a squad lead on a single frequency is proving a tad hectic at times. Realistic with the inclusion of shouting, but hectic all the same.

A thing I'd like to address is not an issue of ACRE, but should be common sense in the player base: Don't be on shouting at all times, or even normal.

Shouting on open terrain easily carries your voice a hundred metres, and not only confuses people in the AO, but can get on your nerves during the staging phase when you can't make out who is talking to you from where or with what relevance. I've already had to take off my headphones just so I wouldn't get crazy.

Setting your voice all the way to whisper reaches out about 5 metres, and normal around 35 or so. When you brief your team or just have a general conversation, find a sweet spot between these two for whoever many people are around. Terrain occlusion matters, not sure if player bodies count in there.

A thing I'd like to address is not an issue of ACRE, but should be common sense in the player base: Don't be on shouting at all times, or even normal.

Shouting on open terrain easily carries your voice a hundred metres, and not only confuses people in the AO, but can get on your nerves during the staging phase when you can't make out who is talking to you from where or with what relevance. I've already had to take off my headphones just so I wouldn't get crazy.

Setting your voice all the way to whisper reaches out about 5 metres, and normal around 35 or so. When you brief your team or just have a general conversation, find a sweet spot between these two for whoever many people are around. Terrain occlusion matters, not sure if player bodies count in there.

Big ups to this. Will probably start enforcing, to get people to stop doing this.

After Game night where we experimented with only using Radio`s out of boxes I would like to know what experiences you had apart from some people ''forgetting'' to take radios, which is on them.

I thought this threat woud server well for that instead of making ANOTHER acre thread.

some people ''forgetting'' to take radios, which is on them.

Guilty. Force of habit I suppose! To be honest, it wasn't THAT bad. while I did pick up a radio from the first member of my squad to die, before that (and after that one incident that won't be mentioned) I was simply using voice range... And it was fun.

It's certainly given me some ideas for the future.

After playing with ACRE recently it seems a lot of the issues are now being caused by spawning items in from the arsenal, personally i think that the aresnal should only let people pull 343 radios, as these seem to be unaffected.

Maybe it would be worth looking into this as it will also prevent people from taking radios that they shouldnt have on them for example 152s being carried by FTLs 

After playing with ACRE recently it seems a lot of the issues are now being caused by spawning items in from the arsenal, personally i think that the aresnal should only let people pull 343 radios, as these seem to be unaffected.

Maybe it would be worth looking into this as it will also prevent people from taking radios that they shouldnt have on them for example 152s being carried by FTLs 

Hmm the radios shouldn't be available in the arsenal it self. Inventory yes but not in the arsenal. I'll see to it that they're removed.