AWE Training Polls

Source?

Is it combo of Marksman Slot + High Powered scopes or just the scopes?

What defines scope as HP for this purpose? Static list of scopes or dialing function present on scope?

What ACE AB modules are actually in play?

Still a lot of guesswork and hearsay here.

PS: PMed Ryko to chime in when he has time, so lets wait for his say..

1 minute ago, kman said:

Source?

I asked Moderators.

1 minute ago, kman said:

Is it combo of Marksman Slot + High Powered scopes or just the scopes?

As far as I now just the scopes (But either way you´ll just take one as Marksman so it doesn´t really matters:lol:).

3 minutes ago, kman said:

What defines scope as HP for this purpose?

Anythink above 6x magnification as far as I know (So basically everything that lookes like as if you would put it on a sniper rifle;))

4 minutes ago, kman said:

Static list of scopes or dialing function present on scope?

What ACE AB modules are actually in play?

Don´t know for sure so for this one you´ll definitly want an admin or probably @Ryko to answer this.:)

Our advanced ballistics settings:

Advanced Ballistics: Disabled

Enabled for Snipers: Enabled ["Enables advanced ballistics for non local snipers (when using high power optics)"]

Everything else is disabled (Enabled for Group Members, Enabled for Everyone, Disabled in FullAuto Mode, Enable Ammo Temperature Simulation, Enable Barrel Length Simulation, Enable Bullet Trace Effect).

Simulation Interval is 0, and Simulation Radius is 3000.

21 minutes ago, Ryko said:

Our advanced ballistics settings:

Advanced Ballistics: Disabled

Enabled for Snipers: Enabled ["Enables advanced ballistics for non local snipers (when using high power optics)"]

Everything else is disabled (Enabled for Group Members, Enabled for Everyone, Disabled in FullAuto Mode, Enable Ammo Temperature Simulation, Enable Barrel Length Simulation, Enable Bullet Trace Effect).

Simulation Interval is 0, and Simulation Radius is 3000.

Thank you Ryko!:)

6 hours ago, Michal said:

When the HQ building turns into a night club, I agree; we need training sessions ASAP. Especially on player discipline and leadership.

After some time of abscense, I joined AWE the other day and this was the first thing I noticed.

At spawn, during mission prep, everyone was just talking random nonsense totally unrelated to anything ArmA, there was a prowler driving through and almost crashing into people, a few guys were playing dress-up in the arsenal etc.

Best of all, over the course of 5 minutes, 2 or 3 grenades went off, injuring / killing several. Not once did I hear anyone complain about it, almost as if it's completely normal...

Now, though annoying, if this behaviour was restricted to the downtime between missions, I could sort of deal with it. Unfortunately, it continued into the mission, with someone constantly calling out/nagging ASL's name (every few seconds for nearly a minute), people suddenly making weird noises or beginning to sing, opening fire despite ASL's repeated instruction to keep weapons cold, collectively bursting into laughter when someone from another squad comes in over the radio saying he's the only survivor of a T-72 that rolled up on them, and then making no effort whatsoever to go and help even though we were just 300m away, ...

Part of my abscence is because I'm more active on a more mil-sim-oriented server nowadays, where the behaviour I just described would result in an instant kick or even ban, or at the very least a stern speech from staff.

To be honest, my experience from the other day isn't much of an incentive to return here. Quite the opposite actually, since I feel AWE has basically turned into an EU1/2/4 style of play, but with mods...

2 hours ago, Eagle-Eye said:

After some time of abscense, I joined AWE the other day and this was the first thing I noticed....

We seem to be veering off topic of Training session content here.

But to address some:

1) intentional firing/nades in base are offence that should be reported, I have personaly not seen this happen - If you seen this, have you reported this ?

2) banter/sillychat around arsenal during downtime is not a problem unless its very distruptive, normally that is not something I will shout people down for

3) " constantly calling out/nagging ASL's name" - again when did you noticed this?

I was ASL for several missions and if this was targeted on me, I would not let it stand.

If any previous/later ASL let it stand, then that is indeed a problem and TBH mainly ALS's fault - if you join as lead you are responsible to set rules

4) "people suddenly making weird noises or beginning to sing" - was this during mission and on Radio? Command can't - nor does it aim to - control local chat within individual units.

We want the Radio clear, local chat is only silenced when it distrupts nearby command elements talking on radio or threatening ability of unit to hear and not be heard by enemy (that is Teamlead responsibility).

Since we have an almost even split on voting between medium and short sessions, how would you guys feel about covering off leadership tactics and general discipline in the same session?

We can cover them both off, then run a mission on gauntlet to demonstrate what we've all learned.

Now there's just the question how to get people who need it to participate.

Maybe we can use a sugar, and mix always one interesting and one rule-preaching topic.

Example:

1st part: Radio discipline

2nd part: How to wreck T-80 with Javelin (FSG Anti-tank training)

PS: STRICTLY NO JOINS IN PROGRESS! :P

I recommend the way we do it is how game nights are set.

- Plan in advance on what the training is going to be

- Set a date and time

- Make a post outlining what the training will be about and any other necessary details. ( Maybe in a new thread? )

This way it stays organised and people can see exactly what they're getting into before it actually starts and see if it's worth them attending.

15 minutes ago, BorderLive said:

I recommend the way we do it is how game nights are set.

- Plan in advance on what the training is going to be

- Set a date and time

- Make a post outlining what the training will be about and any other necessary details. ( Maybe in a new thread? )

This way it stays organised and people can see exactly what they're getting into before it actually starts and see if it's worth them attending.

That's generally how they've been planned before, and I fully intend for them to continue working like that. Means people know what to expect and when to expect it.

The only thing I won't be planning out like that are on the fly trainings - if someone wants to sit in my copilot seat while I fly and observe, short things about ballistics etc.

1 hour ago, BloodInTheSand said:

Since we have an almost even split on voting between medium and short sessions, how would you guys feel about covering off leadership tactics and general discipline in the same session?

We can cover them both off, then run a mission on gauntlet to demonstrate what we've all learned.

Would agree...if it not turns into a 3,5 hours session like the bounding/cqb one did...

I might suggest adding fast rope training into the mix. As far as I know if even one person messes it up, it sends the helicopter flying or some other weird physics glitch. It's a technique that could be used a lot more often, especially on urban or forested areas. Kerama is amazing for this. 

I've only skimmed through this topic, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I would highly recommend training nights from here on become exclusive to the trainees and the trainers. Having others come in only to go mess around on their own takes away the entire purpose of having a serious, educational couple hours.

Last time I was on a training night, Skull was hosting and had an AT range for us, occasionally spawning in live vehicles. This was amazing practice for anything from M60s to the MAAWS, and should definitely be replicated.

3 hours ago, ShadowAce11 said:

Last time I was on a training night, Skull was hosting and had an AT range for us, occasionally spawning in live vehicles. This was amazing practice for anything from M60s to the MAAWS, and should definitely be replicated.

I remember it well, it's the reason AT is back on the list 

7 hours ago, ShadowAce11 said:

I might suggest adding fast rope training into the mix. As far as I know if even one person messes it up, it sends the helicopter flying or some other weird physics glitch. It's a technique that could be used a lot more often, especially on urban or forested areas. Kerama is amazing for this. 

Correct, though it's really only a discipline issue. If people pay attention and only go when the crew chief tells them to, there should be no problem.

It's an ACE interaction that starts an automated process, so it's really not something one can practice :)

1 hour ago, Amentes said:

It's an ACE interaction that starts an automated process, so it's really not something one can practice

Perhaps we can practice difficult insertions such as these. Maybe learn how to do paradrops, fast ropes, water insertions etc. Wouldn't have to take a long time since it isn't really all that hard to pick up on. Maybe even blend it in with another type of training. 

Water insertion is on the pilot, just hover low and have people eject.

Paradrop, sure. We already have that on the training scenario too. Jump out of C130, hit the target. A lot of people tend to miss the drop zone.

I'm going to flag my own comment here as being potentially slightly off topic - but it's important to say it.

In response to various people staying there are issues with discipline, with people fucking around, bad fragging, driving around spawn:

If you don't tell us it's happening we don't know about it. If you see something like this, file a report. Or report it to a moderator. 

Not doing anything makes you as much of the problem as them. Perhaps we should train people in how to report actions like this so we can crack down on it?

Rant over.

While we wait for a possible training session in discipline, I give one note. If you try to live by: stfu and do as your told, we all would benefit from that. If ur bored, alt tab and play minesweeper while waiting and don't fuck around in the game. I'm also getting tired of this behavior as well, and if we can be stricter about it, I will start handing out a lot of kicks/temp bans or teleport the noisy ones out on a island until they calm down. Vlk

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

10 hours ago, Copey said:

I'm going to flag my own comment here as being potentially slightly off topic - but it's important to say it.

In response to various people staying there are issues with discipline, with people fucking around, bad fragging, driving around spawn:

If you don't tell us it's happening we don't know about it. If you see something like this, file a report. Or report it to a moderator. 

Not doing anything makes you as much of the problem as them. Perhaps we should train people in how to report actions like this so we can crack down on it?

Rant over.

The appropriate process to report issues is something I want to cover under discipline already. It's important that people know how to properly report any wrongdoing or other things.

2 hours ago, Vlk said:

I'm also getting tired of this behavior as well, and if we can be stricter about it, I will start handing out a lot of kicks/temp bans or teleport the noisy ones out on a island until they calm down.

+∞ rep :wub: