AWE Training Polls

4 hours ago, LEO said:

also we might need to consider adding a comms training session. most of the training currently done is in the field where quality may vary

also eny eta for training?

Comms is something I want to get covered to a degree under basic conduct, as I feel it's important to teach people about unnecessary radio chatter etc.

• 2 weeks later...

As a complete Arma series newbie with 3 games  on eu1 under my belt I'm throwing my next to worthless opinion in, I'd always thought it's better learning to play the infantry role first then try piloting, if I can't shoot in a direction how will I ever fly to it :lol:.

Imo, comms is the most important one, it's pretty daunting for a new player wanting to get involved with AW a lot more, then there's the dreaded tfr. :Horror-min:

Ace medical has a lot of videos on YouTube, and loads of tables to try and make sense of but different learning styles may prefer hands on experience. 

General discipline I thought wouldn't be needed?? Just don't be a dick, follow the c.o.c, as a squaddie you can recommend to your uppers a different idea/action, but still they have the final say.

They're all good recommendations, I would sign up for all of them, especially launchers & radios. But it looks like you have everything covered.

If I could ask for two for consideration? Map reading possibly, Might sound stupid? and possibly ground vehicles driving & engaging enemies (depends on how often heavier vehicles are used).

3 hours ago, Fletcher said:

If I could ask for two for consideration? Map reading possibly, Might sound stupid? and possibly ground vehicles driving & engaging enemies (depends on how often heavier vehicles are used).

With the current system in Arma, maps are pretty easy to read, but I'll bear it in mind for something to cover.

As for the vehicle side of things, heavier vehicles are rarely used - and we already have (somewhere on the forums!) a guide to positioning and engaging with armour.

Thank you all for bearing with us through this, it's been a bit of a bumpy road getting all of our documents together and getting everyone on the same page but I'm happy to announce we're ready to run out first session of the new block.

This will be the General Conduct portion, which will cover the basics of how to act while on the server!

Please select one of the dates in the attached Strawpoll before Midnight, Thursday 7th of September. Any votes after this time will not be taken into consideration when arranging the date.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13860844

Sry about the JIP on the last training session, haven't been checking the events for a while (or the entire site for that matter) so wasn't aware of it until Olim Ra messaged me. I know that this might be a bit soon, but would love the training session on leadership and it's tactics. If I understood correctly that's goming up next, no?

21 hours ago, Tim O'Kill said:

Sry about the JIP on the last training session, haven't been checking the events for a while (or the entire site for that matter) so wasn't aware of it until Olim Ra messaged me. I know that this might be a bit soon, but would love the training session on leadership and it's tactics. If I understood correctly that's goming up next, no?

It will be, yes. Squad leading and team leading should be up next.

In my opinion, discipline is something you learn whilst playing along with some other things. ACE medical basics at most, go in depth if people want to train for medic. 

Last thing, don't make the sessions longer than 40 minutes or longer with breakers so people will retain their focus and remember more of what is said.

In my opinion, discipline is something you learn whilst playing along with some other things. ACE medical basics at most, go in depth if people want to train for medic. 

Last thing, don't make the sessions longer than 40 minutes or longer with breakers so people will retain their focus and remember more of what is said.

Discipline is something you learn during childhood. Trying to do that online, and you loose

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

15 hours ago, BloodInTheSand said:

It will be, yes. Squad leading and team leading should be up next.

I'm very interested in this, I've been wanting to get into team leading, but I feel I lack the confidence to do so. 

Work has been crazy as of late which is why I could not attend the last training session. So is it possible to do this session more than once if there is enough interest or if you have written material maybe sharing it on the forum for future reference?

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, z4driver said:

I'm just getting into playing on-line and have had a few sessions on the public server. Would definitely being interested a training session that gets you ready for the AWE server.

Don't be scared to join in. People are very helpful even if it's not a training session.