Invade & Annex 3 Version History And Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

The old service pad uses the same code for rearm.  It also only rearms 1 magazine.  If it didn't i'd go right back to it.  People just didn't notice earlier. 

In my experience the old one reamred all magazines and also the smokewalls, but it didn't repaired the vehicle.

On 20.12.2017 at 1:13 AM, AhoyWorld Outreach said:

3.3.4 is live with the following changes:
- [added] Radiotower sub-obj will spawn with minefield
- [fixed] Side mission objective marker not despawning
- [tweaked] Unflip vehicle action range increased          <------------------ 
- [tweaked] Radiotower jet made more deadly
- [tweaked] Jets and UAVs dont have a laser. They rely on infantry to desigate for them
- [tweaked] Units spawned by the main AO.  Now: 1x MBT, 2x-4x tigris, 2x-4x APC/IFV, 3x-5x car/MRAP, 8x normal inf group, 3x AA team, 3x AT team, 4x recon squad, max 15 garrisoned buildings in the center of the AO.

What is meant by Unflip vehicle action "never saw it" just get inventory

20180102113702_1.thumb.jpg.6a31b459c5524e7c76a4b78bc780de66.jpg

Yea euh, my bad?  The problem is that that is a reward vehicle.  The code for unflip and refuel is not executed on them, it's only executed on respawning vehicles.  Unlike for example clear inventory, which is assigned to the player and not the vehicle.  
What i just said probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to most people but it's easy to fix.  I just have to copy paste some code from one file into another :) 

On 2.1.2018 at 11:44 AM, Stanhope said:

Yea euh, my bad?  The problem is that that is a reward vehicle.  The code for unflip and refuel is not executed on them, it's only executed on respawning vehicles.  Unlike for example clear inventory, which is assigned to the player and not the vehicle.  
What i just said probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to most people but it's easy to fix.  I just have to copy paste some code from one file into another :) 

Also respawning vehicles have not the unflip vehicle action

20180104092059_1.thumb.jpg.da4531d8a32960eef4344046730a47ab.jpg

Invade and Annex 3.3.6 is going live on our servers soon. Please post any bugs/feedback in this thread.

Change log:

- [Fixed]  Error in cache sub-objective

- [Fixed]  Side mission doors not opening

- [Fixed]  Massive code spam error for priority AA objective

- [Fixed]  Missing options for refuel and flip options for side rewards

- [Tweaked]  Performance of team kill script increased

- [Tweaked]  Minimum requirement of players for priority objective to spawn has increased

Since 3.3.5 we have our old Ground-Service-Pads back that are capable to rearm vehicles without the lose off ammunition like with the Ground-Service-Pads from 3.3.4 but now we have an old problem again. The Service-Pad can now rearm again but therefore it cant repair like the ones in 3.3.4.

20180107093217_1.thumb.jpg.7bcf371fc4faf412a36b39929acc4499.jpg

side mission / priority Target spawns

I´ve witnessed a lot of side missions spawning double (same mission 2 times after each other) ,same for the priority target missions.

There seems to be also a prefered area of the map which spawns quite more side missions in its area than the rest of Altis (Salt Lake - Molos area) - at least once all 4 FOBs are unlocked it looks like it (to me).

Priority Target limit

I know Stan already raised the requiered player count for spawning Priority Missions ( Artillery / Factory / AA battery) to 8-10 players (boots on ground,exclude pilots from count) but its still way to low for a low player count server.

Quite some time i need to abort either side or other stuff in order to fight the new spawn´ing prioritys.

There should be also a quite more detailed displayed message informing ALL people on server what do do and how this is affecting the operations. (to a extend,i know its hard to get Pub´s to make sense - but i ve met quite some people having no clue why and what is going on when they do prioritys like factory)

Therefor,raise the limit for prioritys´s to spawn to 18-20 players (exclude pilots).

side mission reward list

there is a demand to update the reward list and erase some useless stuff (Offroad´s,Strider Lynx,Sentinel´s,etc.)

As it makes no sense,obviously.

Base + FOB loadouts

decrease the respawn timer for the vehicles - they should respawn instant (when destroyed) and have re-time of 10min (impression,not fact checked)

Once FOB Guardian goes live i´d luv to have the main base swap to it - meaning the count of vehicles and choppers should swap and main spawn point (on the map) should be FOB Guardian.I m aware this requires some tricky scripting and is yet just a hasty written idea in my head,but it makes sense from a gameplay point of view.

Also,only main base should host a bigger carpark than a FOB would.

As you see,this is just roughly thougt out sketch for now.

TK script

Having run into this yesterday the first time,i got to say i m entirely not comfortable with this solution.

Having to (click the) the RESPAWN button to continue playing is not gonna stop rampant TKers at all.

It ends up with  party´s not happy with it - the guy that TKed and the guy that got TKed.

I admit i favoured the SORRY in chat solution more to forgive TK,at least it has a way higher rate of coop than the TK script has.

#there s more,but once again i lack the time - i ll go on asap

3 minutes ago, TheScar said:

TK script

Having run into this yesterday the first time,i got to say i m entirely not comfortable with this solution.

Having to (click the) the RESPAWN button to continue playing is not gonna stop rampant TKers at all.

It ends up with  party´s not happy with it - the guy that TKed and the guy that got TKed.

I admit i favoured the SORRY in chat solution more to forgive TK,at least it has a way higher rate of coop than the TK script has.

Currently the TK script is set up like this:
On your first TK you get the old warning that you have to click away that tells you to apologize.  On the second TK you get the full screen warning that tells you to respawn.  On the third TK all your input gets disabled, you get a message explaining this to you.  All you can do when your input is disabled is hit alt + f4 or ctrl + alt + delete and kill arma via the task manager.  
10 minutes after you TKed someone the script will forget about this TK.  So, if you accidently killed a guy and 15 minutes later you accidently driver over someone you didn't see you will only get the normal warnings.
Occasionally you might get the full screen warning telling you to respawn after only 1 TK, this due to the nature of the revive script.  It sometimes triggers multiple times if you die, causing the TK script to trigger twice.  

8 minutes ago, TheScar said:

I´ve witnessed a lot of side missions spawning double (same mission 2 times after each other) ,same for the priority target missions.

There seems to be also a prefered area of the map which spawns quite more side missions in its area than the rest of Altis (Salt Lake - Molos area) - at least once all 4 FOBs are unlocked it looks like it (to me).

The reason they'll tend to spawn in the same places ones all FOBs are up is because of how they are spawned in.  The script pics a random location then proceeds to check how flat and open it is.  Some side missions (like the secure radar one) need big open spaces to spawn everything in, others (like the rescue pilot mission) don't.  After it has picked a flat open place it's gonna check if that space is within a 2.5 km radius of any FOB or base.  If it is it's gonna look for a new spot.  
Now the bigger, flatter and opener a certain area is the more likely a mission will spawn there.

For the same missions spawning multiple times in a row, an easy fix might be that I save what the old mission was and pick a new one from the list of all missions - the old mission.

13 minutes ago, TheScar said:

There should be also a quite more detailed displayed message informing ALL people on server what do do and how this is affecting the operations. (to a extend,i know its hard to get Pub´s to make sense - but i ve met quite some people having no clue why and what is going on when they do prioritys like factory)

I could include a more detailed explanation in the briefing of the mission.  If someone would be so kind to write some for me that'd be greatly appreciated.

For everything else you said: I'm too tired to do the thinking required for a decent answer on those things right now :)

Right after a half decent night's sleep and doing half decent on my exam:

22 hours ago, TheScar said:

What i might do is stop the script from checking if there are any objects in a certain radius and instead just hide all objects within that radius.
Relating to what I saw you asking in chat last night scar, why no prio mission had spawned for a few hours: most likely because one of them couldn't get spawned in because it was caught in the loop trying to find a location. I've noticed how it sometimes does that and I don't really know why.  I'll see if I manage to figure it out before the next update.

Priority Target limit

I know Stan already raised the requiered player count for spawning Priority Missions ( Artillery / Factory / AA battery) to 8-10 players (boots on ground,exclude pilots from count) but its still way to low for a low player count server.

Quite some time i need to abort either side or other stuff in order to fight the new spawn´ing prioritys.

Therefor,raise the limit for prioritys´s to spawn to 18-20 players (exclude pilots).

I'll bring the limit up in the dev chat and make a poll or something.  And i'll see if i can get someone to write more extensive briefings that I can put in for the prio missions.

side mission reward list

there is a demand to update the reward list and erase some useless stuff (Offroad´s,Strider Lynx,Sentinel´s,etc.)

As it makes no sense,obviously.

I'll have another look at the rewards list before the next update.  I'm probably not gonna remove all of the repair offroads etc, i'll most likely just reduce their chance of spawning.  They are in there because they can be useful under the right circumstances.  (for the strider Lynx, that's all on @McKillen, I had nothing to do with that)

Base + FOB loadouts

decrease the respawn timer for the vehicles - they should respawn instant (when destroyed) and have re-time of 10min (impression,not fact checked)

Once FOB Guardian goes live i´d luv to have the main base swap to it - meaning the count of vehicles and choppers should swap and main spawn point (on the map) should be FOB Guardian.I m aware this requires some tricky scripting and is yet just a hasty written idea in my head,but it makes sense from a gameplay point of view.

Also,only main base should host a bigger carpark than a FOB would.

As you see,this is just roughly thougt out sketch for now.

I'll have a look at the respawn times, I think they are just 2-3 minutes tho.  Most of the time they take such a long time to respawn because they don't despawn.  People ditch them somewhere near the AO, not far enough away from other players for it to despawn.  I'll see if the abandon distance number needs changing too.

For the swapping of vehicles pools: it'd require me to pretty much rewrite half of the vehicle respawn script and add a few dozen lines of code to the FOB setup.  I might eventually do that but currently I don't have the time for that.

23 hours ago, TheScar said:

TK script

To recap what I said yesterday, this is how it's currently set up:
1st TK: normal popup telling you to apologize to the guy you TKed, gets forgiven after 10 minutes.
2nd TK: simulation disabled, message telling you to that this is your final warning for TKing, gets forgiven after 10 minutes
3rd TK: all user input disabled.  Message telling you that you exceeded the server limit for TKing.  Only thing you can do is Alt + F4

However sometimes the script triggers twice (or more) for one TK, meaning that you might get your simulation disabled after your first TK.  If this happens often let me know and I'll see what I can do to stop it.  There isn't really an easy fix for it as far as I know.

6 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

I'll bring the limit up in the dev chat and make a poll or something.  And i'll see if i can get someone to write more extensive briefings that I can put in for the prio missions.

I'd support making that change, possibly even with a cutoff sub-30.

I can't begin to count how many times I've seen 15-20 guys running around AO, only for Arty to pop. Nobody leaves AO to go to Arty, and there's nobody left to insert there. The result is the Arty pummels the everliving shiet out of everything in AO, often decimating the AI forces or wrecking 80% of buildings in a city in the process.

Half the time the Arty shoots, it does more harm to AI than to players :P

4 hours ago, Stanhope said:

most likely because one of them couldn't get spawned in because it was caught in the loop trying to find a location. I've noticed how it sometimes does that and I don't really know why.  I'll see if I manage to figure it out before the next update.

Just limit the loop to like 5 tries and let the objective rotation continue if it fails.

4 hours ago, Stanhope said:

However sometimes the script triggers twice (or more) for one TK

Are you still using an EventHandler?

8 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

Just limit the loop to like 5 tries and let the objective rotation continue if it fails.

I'd never be able to spawn some missions in.  And continuing rotation means i've got to kill a script in an unusual way.

8 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

Are you still using an EventHandler?

Derp revive uses eventhandlers yes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9-1-2018 at 12:55 PM, TheScar said:

Priority Target limit

In I&A 3.3.7 the required amount of people for a prio mission will be 15 + random 5.

On 9-1-2018 at 12:55 PM, TheScar said:

The same side mission spawning 2 times in a row will not happen again in 3.3.7.  For prio missions I've let it be as there are only 3 different prio missions.  I still have to figure something out for spawning in the same area.