Invade & Annex 3 Version History And Feedback Thread

• 1 month later...

I&A 3.3.7 is live on our public servers. The changelog is as follows;

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- [added] Sling weapon script

- [added] I&A progress saver

- [added] Vanilla-based arsenal

- [added] Ghost hawk open/close door script

- [added] Automatic server re-starter

- [added] Option to add supply crates to helicopters 

- [added] time multiplier during night time

- [added] Intel mechanic for urban cache side mission

- [added] Some checks to prevent scripters

- [added] Positive feedback system for priority missions (will prevent priority missions spawning for prolonged periods of time)

- [fixed] Side mission spawning 2 rewards

- [fixed] Fixed ground service (hopefully)

- [fixed] Prototype tank side mission cleanup not running

- [fixed] Cache sub-objective hold action not working as intended

- [tweaked] Arsenal restrictions

- [tweaked] Init-scripts tweaked

- [tweaked] FOB-vehicle respawn timers

- [tweaked] HQ sub objective will now spawn jets

- [tweaked] better performance for base AA 

- [tweaked] Rescue pilot mission (changes for performance)

- [tweaked] Vehicle respawn script (changes for performance)

- [tweaked] The same side mission shall not spawn twice in a row

- [tweaked] Sub objectives are now sub objectives of the main objective

- [tweaked] Research side mission won't spawn with documents anymore, only laptops

- [tweaked] Priority objectives will only spawn when there are at least 15 infantry on the server

- [tweaked] General tweaks, both for visuals and for performance to several scripts/functions/missions

- [removed] Derp arsenal

- [removed] Stomper, 2x prowler and 1 hunter HMG from base vehicle pool

- [removed] Custom vehicle HUD (the green names on the left side of the screen)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

If you have any bugs/concers/queries please leave these bellow in this thread.

-Ahoyworld Outreach

Well stan i must say i liked the old version of it better, the scribts are good but i must say i liked it better with the bigger weapon pick choice and after the update i have terrible fps on the server, and why no ak as a weapon anymore =(

Right, now that there isn't any family over and that i can go sit behind my PC and not type a response on my phone:

4 hours ago, Wookz said:

i must say i liked it better with the bigger weapon pick choice

Certain roles (medic, AT, pilot, ...) have had their weapon choice limited.  This to better reflect their role.  It's not the job of a medic to go charging forward attacking, so there is no real need for him to have a full assault rifle, a carbine will do just fine for him.  Pilots don't even get the option for carbines as they should only ever need their gun for close-quarters defence so they only have access to SMGs.  
No restrictions have been put on the country of which the weapon comes from, AKs, katibas, Car-9s, ... are all still in the arsenal.  

In addition have roles like grenadier now also only access to weapons with underbarrel grenade launchers.  This to force people to play their role.

4 hours ago, Wookz said:

after the update i have terrible fps on the server

The update had a bit more focus than usual on improving fps?  I've updated several 5+ years old scripts to work without loops, use more FPS friendly commands etc.  At no point did I add anything that could majorly impact performance for longer than a minute or 2.  And those checks are only run once every hour or so.

4 hours ago, Zeexe said:

What happened to thermals?

The server used to always be set during summer time, somewhere around august if i'm not mistaken.  
Right now I'm setting the date to the actual day you play the game.  Meaning that today it was the 25th of March, early spring.  It'd have been a bit chiller than usual on the server.  That's why the thermals looked different than usual today.

12 hours ago, Stanhope said:

Certain roles (medic, AT, pilot, ...) have had their weapon choice limited.  This to better reflect their role.  It's not the job of a medic to go charging forward attacking, so there is no real need for him to have a full assault rifle, a carbine will do just fine for him.  Pilots don't even get the option for carbines as they should only ever need their gun for close-quarters defence so they only have access to SMGs.  
No restrictions have been put on the country of which the weapon comes from, AKs, katibas, Car-9s, ... are all still in the arsenal.  

In addition have roles like grenadier now also only access to weapons with underbarrel grenade launchers.  This to force people to play their role.

Well that sucks..... oh wait no, that's what I have always done.

Carry on :D

cannot connect as BE failed to initialize

fuck dis BS

:rolleyes:

EU2# works fine,BE works like intended

connecting to EU1# 30sec later BE fails to initialize

#restart EU1

finally in,loading my gear,AK12 restricted? (AT Rifleman)

this cant be serious,restricting my gun again (first Mk18,now the AK12) - this def needs to be looked into imo

clothes Kerry restricted too,this is getting even better ...

Surfer Cap ..  restricted

regarding the time change @ thermals its now basically impossible to scout via thermals like before or even distinguish who is who on the battlefield - as the Titan launcher doesnt feature a NV possibilty i now need to rely on FLIR hot rather using my used FLIR cold to guide shots and make out some targets,then i m looking forward to become blind by playing my beloved game

this also is debatable - it may be  a step in the right direction,but definatly a to big one now

3.36 thermal FLIR cold

iv36iwye.jpg

3.37 thermal FLIR cold

pdb2youv.jpg

3.37 thermal FLIR hot

ncizef2w.jpg

the priority mission factory seems to be broken,witnessed 2 factorys and both dont seem to contain a Viper Demo Engineer,at least no unit is in factory that classname seems to solve the task once you kill it - therefor the factorycannot be destroyed and keeps spawning enemy air units regulary untill stopped by Admin/ZEUS

oh yea,i do approve a certain amount of enemy air to be up and i certainly asked for a raise of,but on 3.37 i faced 2 jets and a Chopper for AOs with radiotower,which is certainly way to much to deal with in the long run and will require a fix jet pilot 24/7 which also cuts existing transport pilots by -1

enemy air does engage spotted units and will strike on em accordingly,but i didnt witnessed that they raise alot of problems (yet)

in general from my part,the whole mission plays alot more laggy than before now,it feels a bit like working vs a rubberband constant

And pls,FOBs need a medic tent placed as there s no way to heal yourself up when no medic is around

On 25.3.2018 at 4:06 PM, AhoyWorld Outreach said:

I&A 3.3.7 is live on our public servers. The changelog is as follows;

- [added] I&A progress saver

- [added] Automatic server re-starter

Just a question what can I understand under the name "progress saver"?

My guess would be that after the automatic server re-start the mission would be at the same state as before the restart,

but as I saw so far after the restart the mission begins with Selankano Windmils and no bases as normal.

So what kind of progress is it and what gets saved?

The progress saver is supposed to save which AO was the last active AO before a restart, which AOs have already been completed and which FOBs are active.  However it doesn't appear to be doing that.  We know there is nothing wrong with the code in the mission itself as it works fine on my own dedicated server, just not on EU 1,2&7 (7 is our test server).  
We're still working on finding a solution to this problem.  But until it's fixed all progres will indeed be reset upon the restart (around 5 in the morning (GMT+1 if i'm not mistaken)).

On 26-3-2018 at 4:32 PM, TheScar said:

finally in,loading my gear,AK12 restricted? (AT Rifleman)

this cant be serious,restricting my gun again (first Mk18,now the AK12) - this def needs to be looked into imo

clothes Kerry restricted too,this is getting even better ...

Surfer Cap ..  restricted

AKs will be coming back, give me the class name for the cap and you'll get it back as well.  Kerry clothes I'm not making any promises but get me the class name and i'll have a look.

the priority mission factory seems to be broken,witnessed 2 factorys and both dont seem to contain a Viper Demo Engineer,at least no unit is in factory that classname seems to solve the task once you kill it - therefor the factorycannot be destroyed and keeps spawning enemy air units regulary untill stopped by Admin/ZEUS

I didn't touch it so i'd be surprised if it broke.  I'll investigate anyways.

oh yea,i do approve a certain amount of enemy air to be up and i certainly asked for a raise of,but on 3.37 i faced 2 jets and a Chopper for AOs with radiotower,which is certainly way to much to deal with in the long run and will require a fix jet pilot 24/7 which also cuts existing transport pilots by -1

enemy air does engage spotted units and will strike on em accordingly,but i didnt witnessed that they raise alot of problems (yet)

Any AO will spawn 1 jet and 1 attack helo when there are more than 40 people on the server.  A radio tower will also always spawn a jet shortly after the AO spawns.  So yes having a few ATs taking AA isn't a bad idea and a pilot that is quick to jump in the jet after such an AO spawns isn't a bad idea either.

in general from my part,the whole mission plays alot more laggy than before now,it feels a bit like working vs a rubberband constant

Any changes made would have improved performance, none were made that could decrease performance.

And pls,FOBs need a medic tent placed as there s no way to heal yourself up when no medic is around

AFAIK derp revive doesn't offer this feature.  If anyone knows it does and can tell me how to do it let me know.

if (currentWeapon player == "") then {
	player action ["SwitchWeapon", player, player, 0];
	player removeAction slingWeaponAction;
	slingWeaponAction = player addAction ["<t color='#ffec9f'>Sling Weapon</t>", "scripts\misc\slingWeapon.sqf", "", -98, false, true, "", "vehicle player == player && slingWeaponActionEnabled"];	
} else {
	player action ["SwitchWeapon", player, player, 99];
	player removeAction slingWeaponAction;
	slingWeaponAction = player addAction ["<t color='#ffec9f'>Weapon in Hand</t>", "scripts\misc\slingWeapon.sqf", "", -98, false, true, "", "vehicle player == player && slingWeaponActionEnabled"];
};

The "Weapon in Hand" action is redundant, at least with my version of the Arma 3 controls, Arma already gives me the option to switch to any equipped weapon on the scroll menu. Even with the Apex controls it should be easier (and the obvious thing to do) to just hit the weapon selection key to get it ready for action again.

-Slingweapon action fixed in the next version
-the AO spawning a jet is redused to a 1 in 3 chance instead of 100% (when there are more than 40 people on only)
-factory has received extra redundant checks and a new hint which will allow players to better track the progression of the mission
-factory code has been rewritten to be less messy

All of this in the next version.  (No that's not all, it's the things people have complained about, no i don't have an ETA when this will be coming out, most likely after tanks DLC is released.)

-Slingweapon action fixed in the next version
-the AO spawning a jet is redused to a 1 in 3 chance instead of 100% (when there are more than 40 people on only)
-factory has received extra redundant checks and a new hint which will allow players to better track the progression of the mission
-factory code has been rewritten to be less messy

All of this in the next version.  (No that's not all, it's the things people have complained about, no i don't have an ETA when this will be coming out, most likely after tanks DLC is released.)

I am no expert and a noob to the server but it seems to me that since the update and last night in particular on EU 1, I don’t get as many if any E I showing up on my map? Enemy vehicles and aircraft seem to but not infantry. Before I would get all spotted E I on the map within 1000 meters. Is this something I have accidentally changed locally or is it a planned change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just now, Mad Eye Moody said:

I am no expert and a noob to the server but it seems to me that since the update and last night in particular on EU 1, I don’t get as many if any E I showing up on my map? Enemy vehicles and aircraft seem to but not infantry. Before I would get all spotted E I on the map within 1000 meters. Is this something I have accidentally changed locally or is it a planned change?

EI showing up on your map is determined by ArmA itself by a few factors and I didn't edit any of them.
It's also highly dependent on how many people are in your group as you see all EI spotted by anyone in your group.

Some of the factors that determine whether or not an AI will show up on your map are: 
-clear line of sight

-range
-weather conditions

-time of day (is it dark or not?)
-your skill level set by the mission (remained unchanged)
-use of optics/binoculars

EI showing up on your map is determined by ArmA itself by a few factors and I didn't edit any of them.
It's also highly dependent on how many people are in your group as you see all EI spotted by anyone in your group.

Some of the factors that determine whether or not an AI will show up on your map are: 
-clear line of sight
-range
-weather conditions
-time of day (is it dark or not?)
-your skill level set by the mission (remained unchanged)
-use of optics/binoculars

Ok so it must be my end then. Maybe some colours have got changed in the game menu. I’ll check it. So the bigger the group the better. Can you tell me how to join into a bigger group? I didn’t have a good time last night, I seemed to be running for miles, always behind the action, then everyone around me letting off shots but I couldn’t see any enemy, and when I did eventually see the enemy I missed by miles. Could not have hit my backside with a banjo! Ha ha. Then some joker was team killing and shouting in my face at the spawn so I just retired to the TV and a G&T.

Also there is a setting I have found above the one called “ head bob” I think. It’s called aiming dead zone. What does this refer to and what is the best setting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

Can you tell me how to join into a bigger group?

In I&A simply press U and browse the available groups.

2 minutes ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

Also there is a setting I have found above the one called “ head bob” I think. It’s called aiming dead zone. What does this refer to and what is the best setting?

No clue :)