Invade & Annex 3 Version History And Feedback Thread

9 minutes ago, Walk'N said:

This is really usefull because damaged helis in base are broken rotors in range of breaking rotor stuff... 

It's only in base and FOB areas tho.  Not out in the field, you'll still need to get a repair spec/engineer to do that for you.

10 minutes ago, Walk'N said:

Nice (a quad and a tank require the same amount of people?)

Yes :)

10 minutes ago, Walk'N said:

I don't know but maybe change the amount of player needed if the Bobcat is within 5m... (that's a realism suggestion)

We thought about that but because bobcats are rather rare we didn't do it.  Although thinking of it i might make it x amount of people or a bobcat.

11 minutes ago, Walk'N said:

Does that means after the 3rd teamkill you are kicked?

No, all user input gets disabled.  You will not be able to do anything in arma you will have to alt + f4 (or something similar).  You'll get a clear warning on the second team kill.  

12 minutes ago, Walk'N said:

What happen if the CAS make a massive friendly fire?

Pilots are excluded as the script can't tell whether or not a pilot crashed or knowingly TKed people.  If you teamkill several people at the same time the script will only count as 1 teamkill.  All the TKs do get logged in the system tho.

14 minutes ago, Walk'N said:

Yeepi kaï. (One of the engineer was able to do that but extending it to all engineer is good) 

All repair specs and the engineer can currently do it. And i make sure it actually works and isn't just an option that doesn't do anything :) 

37 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

It's only in base and FOB areas tho.  Not out in the field, you'll still need to get a repair spec/engineer to do that for you.

Yeah but in the field, you can blow up things...

38 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

All repair specs and the engineer can currently do it

I experienced it a time ago but i thought this was removed as i wasn't able to find the option anymore...:hmmm-min:

1 minute ago, Walk'N said:

I experienced it a time ago but i thought this was removed as i wasn't able to find the option anymore...:hmmm-min:

It didn't work so i temporarily removed it thinking i'd fix it in the version after.  I believe this was 5-6 versions ago :)  It kinda slipped my mind.

23 hours ago, Stanhope said:

(I'm going to spoil a little secret, I didn't touch how many and which vehicles spawn :D)

And I'll look into the save gear thingy.  I might have accidentally deleted it when messing about in the file it's in.

omg why aren't the hummingbirds flying, just felt like there was one available at all times!

38 minutes ago, Walk'N said:

it spawned with it's gear under the deck of the USS

I've seen it a few times now and think that it's a problem with the abandon script.  If a pilot gets hit at mach 1 and ejects at an altitude of 2 km the jet will go out of the abandon range before it hits the ground.  Because of this it will despawn and respawn on the carrier but when this happens the current state of that jet will be remembered by the script.  Meaning that its gear will be up and the jet will be damaged.  
I'll have a look into a way to fix that.

Echoing comments above; really liking the new FOB design and skins that have been put in. Few points of feedback (I've only been playing a little mind)

T100 Section: When I encountered this a few moments ago 2/3 of the T100's spawned upside down.

Side missions: The couple of times I've played since the update it seems side missions are rarer as I've not seen any. Despite this I noticed a few rewards spawned today when I logged in; has the timer for their spawn been increased?

Question:

Say you're gunning a MBT and you put a round in a vehicle which turns out to be friendly killing the three crew; instant user input disabled?

Suggestion:

Could we swap the Medic HEMTT for an uncovered transport version? For those times it does get used it would make it a tad more realistic than having your squad laying in the back!

6 minutes ago, Tales said:

T100 Section: When I encountered this a few moments ago 2/3 of the T100's spawned upside down.

Unfortunately that's how arma is.  I'll try and find a way around crappy bis functions :)

8 minutes ago, Tales said:

Side missions: The couple of times I've played since the update it seems side missions are rarer as I've not seen any. Despite this I noticed a few rewards spawned today when I logged in; has the timer for their spawn been increased?

I have noticed that at least once a side mission bugged out causing the entire side mission script to stop.  I'll have a look into it to try to figure out why.  (no the timernext hasn't been increased)

10 minutes ago, Tales said:

Say you're gunning a MBT and you put a round in a vehicle which turns out to be friendly killing the three crew; instant user input disabled?

If the TKs happen simultaneously the script sees it as 1 TK.  It will however be logged how many and which people you TKed.

12 minutes ago, Tales said:

Could we swap the Medic HEMTT for an uncovered transport version? For those times it does get used it would make it a tad more realistic than having your squad laying in the back!

If nobody minds sure.  I just had the exact opposite request a few versions ago :)

@ansin11 I'll keep it in mind, tnx for the heads up :)

I&A 3.3.1 is now out and running on EU1 and EU2.

- [tweaked] Service script, rewrote the rearm section
- [tweaked] Vehicle unflip action.  Now allows for 4 player or a bobcat
- [fixed] Side missions not spawning
- [fixed] Save gear option not showing up
- [fixed] TK-script displaying wrong messages
- [fixed] Radio tower completion hint displaying wrong AO name format
- [fixed] (hopefully) Cache subobjective shouldn't bugout and if it does the AO should still be completable

On 12/12/2017 at 9:00 AM, Stanhope said:

I've seen it a few times now and think that it's a problem with the abandon script.  If a pilot gets hit at mach 1 and ejects at an altitude of 2 km the jet will go out of the abandon range before it hits the ground.  Because of this it will despawn and respawn on the carrier but when this happens the current state of that jet will be remembered by the script.  Meaning that its gear will be up and the jet will be damaged.  

If i understood it well, this props was to bring backunused vehicle to base, right?

Can't it be a difference between ground vehicle and air vehicles in scripts? just these two categories?

If so, you could program destruction and respawn of a new one for air unit and just the respawn for ground unit.

16 minutes ago, AhoyWorld Outreach said:

- [tweaked] Vehicle unflip action.  Now allows for 4 player or a bobcat

Yes. to do this action with the bobcat will we should be inside the bobcat as ??? (driver,gunner,commander,any) position or outside?

Groundvehicle service Throws an Error:

- Zero devisor (totalAmmo / maxAmmo)

- maxAmmo of an unarmed vehicle is 0

functions/Arsenal/fn_gearLimitations.sqf

- line 381

- unknown enum value: gud

20171216082657_1.thumb.jpg.c6fbabc0df77b2b9b742374101754582.jpg

After healing the Pilot at the Search and Rescue side mission

I could't do anything to finish the mission, till it failed(time run out).

20171216081128_1.thumb.jpg.4385199b6ec9d2b28e5a874aee7bd7d8.jpg

functions/Arsenal/fn_va_filter.sqf

- unknown enum value: "derp_Ghillie"

- line 405

20171216083101_1.thumb.jpg.b53e3199dc481bb37593b63befec39fc.jpg

couldn't open doors at Seize research data side mission

- had to glicht through floor to get the intel

20171216100200_1.thumb.jpg.c3030d00d16b4c1ec0c76614cc3a3634.jpg

Edited by Sentri
Adding Things

3 hours ago, Sentri said:

Groundvehicle service Throws an Error:

- Zero devisor (totalAmmo / maxAmmo)

- maxAmmo of an unarmed vehicle is 0

Yea, I know, little oversight of me.  Easy to fix and i'll hopefully have a version out fixing this later today.

functions/Arsenal/fn_gearLimitations.sqf

- line 381

- unknown enum value: gud

functions/Arsenal/fn_va_filter.sqf

- unknown enum value: "derp_Ghillie"

- line 405

Well that's derp arsenal restrictions.  I'm not going to touch it, i'd rather leave pandora's box closed :) 

After healing the Pilot at the Search and Rescue side mission

I could't do anything to finish the mission, till it failed(time run out).

mmh, gonna look into this, didn't have this myself when testing it.

couldn't open doors at Seize research data side mission

- had to glicht through floor to get the intel

And i don't know why, it shouldn't be locked but for some reason it is.  I'll see if i can find a way around it.

Groundservice dosn't rearm vehicles with multiple magazines correctly

- Example:

A Hunter HMG has 2x200 Cal. 50 on spawn.

After wasting all bullets and rearming at the Service-Pad 

it says the rearming is completed after rearming 1x200 Cal. 50 rounds.

After rearming vehicles like a Strider have 0 Ammo for the laser on the commander seat.

Smokegrenades will not be resuppleied

Side mission: Free IDAP

- after killing all enemy units and freeing all the hostages

mission won't be completed

3.3.4 is live with the following changes:
- [added] Radiotower sub-obj will spawn with minefield
- [fixed] Side mission objective marker not despawning
- [tweaked] Unflip vehicle action range increased
- [tweaked] Radiotower jet made more deadly
- [tweaked] Jets and UAVs dont have a laser. They rely on infantry to desigate for them
- [tweaked] Units spawned by the main AO.  Now: 1x MBT, 2x-4x tigris, 2x-4x APC/IFV, 3x-5x car/MRAP, 8x normal inf group, 3x AA team, 3x AT team, 4x recon squad, max 15 garrisoned buildings in the center of the AO.

On 16-12-2017 at 11:33 AM, Sentri said:

Groundservice dosn't rearm vehicles with multiple magazines correctly

- Example:

A Hunter HMG has 2x200 Cal. 50 on spawn.

After wasting all bullets and rearming at the Service-Pad 

it says the rearming is completed after rearming 1x200 Cal. 50 rounds.

On 17-12-2017 at 10:27 AM, Sentri said:

After rearming vehicles like a Strider have 0 Ammo for the laser on the commander seat.

Smokegrenades will not be resuppleied

I haven't forgotten about this, I just haven't found a fix yet.

On 17-12-2017 at 10:27 AM, Sentri said:

Side mission: Free IDAP

- after killing all enemy units and freeing all the hostages

mission won't be completed

I think i now found a fix, it isn't in 3.3.4 but should be in 3.3.5 if it proves to be an actual fix in testing on a dedi server.

Side Mission: Free IDAP

20171222115555_1.thumb.jpg.d6902ef54eafd475a2e22a4ef3be5e42.jpg

Just a thought "Never touch a running system" meaning don't replace code that works with some that dosn't.

Would be nice if we could get the old Service-Pads back 

and also remove/disable all Side Missions that dosn't work

so we don't have to deal with stuff that dosn't work as it's 

supposed to do.

I've found a fix for the free IDAP mission.  I had already created the variable that that error message is telling you that hasn't been created.  I just forgot to broadcast it to all connected clients.  It's fixed in the next update.

3 minutes ago, Sentri said:

Just a thought "Never touch a running system" meaning don't replace code that works with some that dosn't.

Would be nice if we could get the old Service-Pads back 

and also remove/disable all Side Missions that dosn't work

so we don't have to deal with stuff that dosn't work as it's 

supposed to do.

The old service pad uses the same code for rearm.  It also only rearms 1 magazine.  If it didn't i'd go right back to it.  People just didn't notice earlier.