Invade & Annex 3 Version History And Feedback Thread

Maybe I am posting this in the wrong area if so I'm Sorry

but there are two problems I want to address.

The UCAV(Sentinel) likes to go on it's own and even with a clear order or/and

autonomous mode off it's not following the orders and head somwhere outside the map.

View distance can't be changed

I have set the view distance in the game settings to 3k and so I did at the NPC in base

but still I can't see anything over 1.8k 

Just now, Sentri said:

Maybe I am posting this in the wrong area if so I'm Sorry

Definitely not the wrong place :) 

Just now, Sentri said:

The UCAV(Sentinel) likes to go on it's own and even with a clear order or/and

autonomous mode off it's not following the orders and head somwhere outside the map.

Unfortunately that's BIs fault.  Best you can do at that point is to make the UAV respawn.

Just now, Sentri said:

View distance can't be changed

I have set the view distance in the game settings to 3k and so I did at the NPC in base

but still I can't see anything over 1.8k 

I'll try and look into why that could be.  Did you change your view distance at base or at one of the FOBs?  And did you not accidently hit escape instead of ok/accept?

I changed it at Base and it worked now with escape.

But I noticed another problem

if I control the UAV(outside of base) and use Flares while Im((Man) UAV Operator) inside a base

I get a warning for trolling at base.

• 2 weeks later...

3.2.6 is live on our servers with the following changes:

General Changes:

- [added] New sub-objective: HQ
- [added] Several new side mission rewards
- [added] 2 new side missions: militia camp and capture intel
- [tweaked] Main AO garrisoned infantry
- [tweaked] The way vehicles spawn in at FOBs
- [tweaked] General tweaks to several side missions
- [tweaked] General tweaks to main AO spawn handler
- [tweaked] Random loadout from the wasp (non-stealth)
- [tweaked] General tweaks to several behind the screens things

Altis specific changes:

- [tweaked][Altis] FOB layout
- [tweaked][Altis] Vehicles that spawn at FOBs
- [fixed][Altis] AO bugging out

HOTFIX 3.2.7 just released too fixes:

General fixes:

- [tweaked] Artillery firing loop

Altis specific fixes:

- [fixed] FOB triggers not working as intended 

HOTFIX 3.2.8 just released too fixes:

General fixes:

- [tweaked] General tweaks to several behind the screens things
- [fixed] Arty not despawning

there´s several things i dislike in the (current) version,my top 2 list of things below :

•  default spawn of 1 MBT Kuma + 1 Mi 48 Kajman

why for the love of god decide to make the endgame tank a (respawnable) access by default ?

why not stick to a Slammer (because imo FOBs should only offer default BLUFOR assets) ?

Wasnt it already bad enough people camping the WASP and the Slammer regulary in order to have continued instant access to it?

Just came on tonight,checked FOB Marathon out as i witnessed the KUMA+Kajman spawn just yesterday and thougt it was a ZEUS idea only,but no ... you going serious there !

Top Tier assests shouldnt spawn by default anyway so people have a reason to put their effort somewhere in order to access them.

Its just a damn not smart move,i m actually speechless by each new version coming out.

•  to high rate of secondary priority missions like Arty,HQ and Factory

the amount of those missions is illiterate and most likely not aimed for server with mediocre/low population.

i also dont see the point in the HQ task,but i havnt reall checked much on that tbh.

the factory capability of spawning enemy units is way overboard,yesterday on a almost full server i saw 4 squads inf get spawned each 6min - this needs a serious tweak in the other direction.

the frequency of all 3 missions spawning additional to a AO is ludacris and most likey divides available personal to work on tasks coordinated,which is on a pub server like EU1 already a pain in the ass when you want/try to.

1 hour ago, TheScar said:

the amount of those missions is illiterate and most likely not aimed for server with mediocre/low population.

In cases of extreme low population (read 3-8 players) no priority missions will spawn.  If a priority mission has spawned but the player count drops to below 3 it will still be there but not do anything (except for the prio AA, this will always be 'switched on' if spawned).  As to which priority missions spawn: 60% of the time it'll be arty, 20% AA and 20% factory.  I'm open to suggestions on this.
The side mission rate has not been touched since the initial release of I&A 3 and i'm pretty sure it's the exact same as I&A 2.

i also dont see the point in the HQ task,but i havnt reall checked much on that tbh.

Currently there isn't but we are planning on expanding it in the not so distant future.  This by either having it call in jets similar to the radio tower or something completely different.  
As to why we're trying to put more side missions, priority missions and sub objectives in; we're trying to increase the diversity of things to make it even less repetitive.  

the factory capability of spawning enemy units is way overboard,yesterday on a almost full server i saw 4 squads inf get spawned each 6min - this needs a serious tweak in the other direction.

I've seen this problem myself before and found the problem.  The amount of spawned units is determined by this:
_totalspawnUnits = 3 + floor (_numPlayersinAO * 0.2);
I intended to put a limit on it that no more than 20 units could spawn, however for reasons unknown to me i made it check that if the amount of players in the AO was greater than 20 in spawned 20 units.
This has been fixed now and the max amount of units spawned is reduced to 16.  This will still happen every 240 seconds or 4 minutes.

If the factory is of the type vehicles it will spawn a random vehicle (choses from: T100, tigris, kamish, marid, ifrit GMG, ifrit HMG all the same chance) every 300 - 2*_numPlayersinAO seconds.

In case it's of the type cas helicopters it'll spawn a heli every  480 - _numPlayersinAO * 4 seconds.  Same if the factory is of the type jets.  A maximum of 4 helis and 3 jets can be up at the same type.

We're open to suggestions and will discuss them internally. 

why for the love of god decide to make the endgame tank a (respawnable) access by default ?

why not stick to a Slammer (because imo FOBs should only offer default BLUFOR assets) ?

Wasnt it already bad enough people camping the WASP and the Slammer regulary in order to have continued instant access to it?

In my personal opinion a slammer is just as useful and good at killing things as the kuma.  I believe that the lethality of it depends more on the crew than on the asset itself.

If someone camps any asset they will be asked to not do it, if they don't they will be warned and if that doesn't work they will be kicked.

Its just a damn not smart move,i m actually speechless by each new version coming out.

With respect i always see you complaining, i'd love to see some constructive criticism and/or suggestions on how to improve.

And, still with respect, it's not like i don't listen to your ideas.  Multiple things you suggested to me personally, like spreading the vehicles in base out, have been implemented.  
I'm constantly trying to improve I&A 3 together with the rest of the dev team.  However we can only improve things that in our eyes should be improved.  And yes for some people these changes will not look like improvements but the opposite.
So yet again, if anyone has any constructive criticism or suggestions on things that could be improved or on what we could improve i'm all ears.

Stan

2 hours ago, Stanhope said:

With respect i always see you complaining, i'd love to see some constructive criticism and/or suggestions on how to improve.

as what would you judge my post?

offensive?

useless?

As for the "constructive" part - i dont see any changelog mentioning a value i can rely on in order to suggest a alternation.

Fun thing people giving you reputation for your reply that is in no way connected to the initial post and that are to lazy to form a own opinion or giving things  2nd thougt or dimension.

I dont want to sound pissed again,but you gotta agree its tiresome to work with you people.

As,the only one i see active developing and being open about it is mostly you with your script skills and to a degree McKillen.

Hence,i m quite sure not only 5% of active players even can name 1 or 2 of the dev team.

Dont misunderstand me,its not the point of being a dev fashion hip guy - i m aiming for a more open discussion towards the public about the status/plans/needed feedback of the mission.

Do you really assume my goal is to make your life harder and be smacky about it?

Then,i cannot even post feedback without being treated like a minor STD you cannot get rid of no matter how hard you try.

And boy,you trying.

Can we focus again now?

Good.

In cases of extreme low population (read 3-8 players) no priority missions will spawn.  If a priority mission has spawned but the player count drops to below 3 it will still be there but not do anything

I had it numberous times when playing early mornings/overnight the repetive spawn of Arty´s or AA limited movement (for all players) and imo there shoudnt be a AA or Arty or Factory mission once playercount is <15

For the random public its already hard enough to clear out a AO (city/bad terrain) on low players,then they now have to face those additional missions.

The side mission rate has not been touched since the initial release of I&A 3 and i'm pretty sure it's the exact same as I&A 2.

i was talking about the AO 2ndry missions as described above,not about sides missions in any way.

sorry for being not clear enough about that

Currently there isn't but we are planning on expanding it in the not so distant future.

alrighty

but then why implement it when its not 100% - it just causes unnecessary confusion imo

In my personal opinion a slammer is just as useful and good at killing things as the kuma.  I believe that the lethality of it depends more on the crew than on the asset itself.

then why not choose the Slammer (UP) instead and going for the full madness ?

It doesnt only fit nicer into the theme,imo i d leave any AAF asset out of the initial spawns and keep to standard available Blufor assets by default and if people want to have some other fancy asset,do the side missions like intended.

No Kuma,no Gorgon,no Orca,no Kajman.

I see why you swapped FOB Goliath and Marathon spawn assets,its just doesnt make sense to me.

this is what bothers me alot.

"You" discuss intenally.

Well played.

Dont feel attacked in person Stan,you the only guy of the crew that answers this shit,so if i write YOU its not YOU 99% of the time.

^_^

And for your fanbois,go sod it ...

:lol:

5 minutes ago, TheScar said:

As,the only one i see active developing and being open about it is mostly you with your script skills and to a degree McKillen.

6 minutes ago, TheScar said:

this is what bothers me alot.

"You" discuss intenally.

Well played.

If i say discuss internally it's done in a chat group with 17 people in.  Of which, to my knowledge, 6 are active developers , of which 2 work on I&A exclusively and the others help out with it as well.  I am the most active on the development of I&A.  This has it's ups and it's down.  I can do things without having to worry about getting in someone's way.  Downside i do take things personal.
Can i remind you that we have other things like MSO, gauntlet and stiletto that also need developers, meaning not every developer who voluntarily helps out AW works on I&A?

By the way those 17 people are not exclusively admins and core staff, there are also spartans in that chat and even regular members.   So no if i say discuss internally i do actually discuss internally.

13 minutes ago, TheScar said:

As for the "constructive" part - i dont see any changelog mentioning a value i can rely on in order to suggest a alternation.

I try to keep changelogs brief and to the point.  For starters because 99% of people doesn't even bother reading them, second the file in which the changelog is is already 580 lines.  Thirdly most people that are interested in the actual numbers have the knowledge on how to dePBO the mission and look them up themselves.  
If anyone who doesn't know how to do this wants those numbers put a reply in here or message me, i'll happily give them.  

19 minutes ago, TheScar said:

imo there shoudnt be a AA or Arty or Factory mission once playercount is <15

We'll discuss internally.

20 minutes ago, TheScar said:

i m aiming for a more open discussion towards the public about the status/plans/needed feedback of the mission.

The reason we keep most of our things behind closed doors is because development takes time.  If most people hear about an idea they like they want that now.  They don't really care about how difficult it is or how much code you need to write.
Keeping stuff behind closed doors means that we can freely brainstorm and come up with insane ideas that are never going to happen because we settled down for a less insane one.  If we'd do this out in the open people'd get pretty pissed at us for getting them hyped about something that will not happen.

Finding a middle ground is hard. 

23 minutes ago, TheScar said:

3 hours ago, Stanhope said:

Currently there isn't but we are planning on expanding it in the not so distant future.

alrighty

but then why implement it when its not 100% - it just causes unnecessary confusion imo

It's currently a working thing, it's not broken.  So why not?  I don't see how it's confusing, it has a briefing telling you what to do.

25 minutes ago, TheScar said:

then why not choose the Slammer (UP) instead and going for the full madness ?

It doesnt only fit nicer into the theme,imo i d leave any AAF asset out of the initial spawns and keep to standard available Blufor assets by default and if people want to have some other fancy asset,do the side missions like intended.

No Kuma,no Gorgon,no Orca,no Kajman.

The idea was that players would appreciate the diversity.  Same goes for the other non-NATO assets in there.

26 minutes ago, TheScar said:

I see why you swapped FOB Goliath and Marathon spawn assets,its just doesnt make sense to me.

We didn't swap anything.  We started with a blank sheet and filled in all new assets for FOBs.  This because certain FOBs were lacking in firepower while others had too much.

On 9/6/2017 at 3:02 PM, TheScar said:

HQ task

Like to point out this is a sub objective, not a priority. However I am currently thinking about adding a reason to take it and the cache out as both have 0 effect on the AO. If you have any ideas throw them in the ideas box, believe or not but I actually do read most of them

On 06/09/2017 at 4:57 PM, Stanhope said:

Currently there isn't but we are planning on expanding it in the not so distant future.  This by either having it call in jets similar to the radio tower or something completely different.  
As to why we're trying to put more side missions, priority missions and sub objectives in; we're trying to increase the diversity of things to make it even less repetitive.  

Might I suggest the possibility of having it spawn in ground troops to approach from outside of the AO? 5% chance for a Varsuk, 5% Tigris, 5% BTR etc etc etc but with the overwhelming majority being unarmed Ifrits full of troops to deploy

Slightly off topic but not sure where to post this.

Error Fix.

Missions\Side\secureradar.sqf

141       ["secureRadarTask", "Succeded",true] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

Corrected to:

141        ["secureRadarTask", "SUCCEEDED",true] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

Typo in "Succeeded"

Will clear down an old task state error that you guys have had.

Hope you don't mind.

Mitch

While I'm here:

Suggestion:

Missions\Main\SubObj.sqf

You still have the old global notifications for task completion. Now that you have EH in place for both I can see no reason why you can't clear down the remoteExec Notifications. This I believe is legacy stuff from before BIS Tasks and now they just stack with BIS_fnc_taskSetState.

77          ["CompletedSub", "AmmoCache"] remoteExec ["AW_fnc_globalNotification",0,false];

140        ["CompletedSub", "Radio Tower"] remoteExec ["AW_fnc_globalNotification",0,false];

I'll go back to watching from a distance now :)

Mitch

4 hours ago, MitchJC93 said:

Missions\Side\secureradar.sqf

141       ["secureRadarTask", "Succeded",true] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

Corrected to:

141        ["secureRadarTask", "SUCCEEDED",true] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

Typo in "Succeeded"

Fixed on all maps in I&A 3.2.9.

You still have the old global notifications for task completion. Now that you have EH in place for both I can see no reason why you can't clear down the remoteExec Notifications. This I believe is legacy stuff from before BIS Tasks and now they just stack with BIS_fnc_taskSetState.

77          ["CompletedSub", "AmmoCache"] remoteExec ["AW_fnc_globalNotification",0,false];

140        ["CompletedSub", "Radio Tower"] remoteExec ["AW_fnc_globalNotification",0,false];

Also fixed and i also think it's just a leftover from before the bis func.

Hope you don't mind.

Of course not, we love it.  We're only with so many in the dev team and there are plenty of these tiny bugs.

Thanks for the help,
stan

Another one for you.

I've created a sub routine that checks for spawning and despawning of main AOs. We used it to fault find on our defines a while ago.   I've just ran it on your defines and it does have a semi serious issue. It eventually crunches itself into a single AO or an undefined controlled AO error. Here's the final few outputs with controlled zones disabled - When it's enabled it fails well before as there's an issue with it calling an AO when all zones are controlled. I say it's semi serious at it gets to around 15-20 AOs before it gets to broken so I suspect that's within server restart territory. Sadly we use a different method for calling AOs so I can't offer you an instant fix on this one.

14:31:30 "LRG_Log: Next AO: AAC_Airfield"
14:31:30 "LRG_Log: Next AO: Molos_Hill"
14:31:30 "LRG_Log: Next AO: Molos_Hill"
14:31:31 "LRG_Log: Next AO: Molos_Hill"
14:31:31 "LRG_Log: Next AO: Molos_Hill"
14:31:31 "LRG_Log: Next AO: AAC_Airfield"
14:31:31 "LRG_Log: Next AO: Ochrolimni"
14:31:32 "LRG_Log: Next AO: AAC_Airfield"

But here is a cheap one for free ;)

Defines\MainAOs.hpp

256    class Aggelorchori_Factory {

Changed to:

256    class Aggelochori_Factory  {

Typo in 'Aggelochori'

You've got it commented out anyway but there's the fix if you should need it.

Just in case you're not busy :)

Mitch

4 minutes ago, MitchJC93 said:

But here is a cheap one for free ;)

Defines\MainAOs.hpp

256    class Aggelorchori_Factory {

Changed to:

256    class Aggelochori_Factory  {

Typo in 'Aggelochori'

You've got it commented out anyway but there's the fix if you should need it.

The usual reasons for AOs being removed are that it's too close to another AO or it kept bugging out and they couldn't find a fix.  Because i literally PBOed the new version and uploaded it to the server right before you posted this i'll look into this after the release of I&A 3.2.9.

6 minutes ago, MitchJC93 said:

I've created a sub routine that checks for spawning and despawning of main AOs. We used it to fault find on our defines a while ago.   I've just ran it on your defines and it does have a semi serious issue. It eventually crunches itself into a single AO or an undefined controlled AO error. Here's the final few outputs with controlled zones disabled - When it's enabled it fails well before as there's an issue with it calling an AO when all zones are controlled. I say it's semi serious at it gets to around 15-20 AOs before it gets to broken so I suspect that's within server restart territory. Sadly we use a different method for calling AOs so I can't offer you an instant fix on this one.

I can't 100% follow what you mean.  What exactly bugged out?  Because there should be a system in place to pick a random AO if the nearAOs array is empty or if all AOs in it are taken.

3.2.9 is ready and should be live soon™

Changelog as follows: 

General Changes

- [added] Respawnable transport van at base
- [added] Side mission reward: service van
- [tweaked] Arsenal blacklist
- [tweaked] Tweaked side mission code
- [tweaked] Various under the hood tweaks
- [tweaked] Random loadouts of vehicles tweaked
- [tweaked] Tweaked all the priority missions code
- [fixed] several behind the screen bugs
- [fixed] hint spam at militia camp mission
- [fixed] spelling mistakes in search and rescue mission

• 3 weeks later...

Some feedback regarding Helo spawns on Marathon and recent experiences whereby pilots land on the designated pads only to find the helicopter that is meant to be there spawning beneath, ensuing death and fiery destruction follows.

Suggestion: Move FOB Marathons 2 Helicopter Spawns further away from the Infantry spawn, perhaps bring the Kuma forward instead but keep it clear of the 'Landing' spot in front of the spawn point where helicopters land.

Another suggestion regarding the Mi-28 Kajman, perhaps swap it for the Blackfoot as a less powerful helicopter gunship but with a reduced respawn timer? Whilst not a gripe the Kajman spawn is frustrating if you want to try your hand at it only to see the person flying it disconnect 20 seconds later and it go crashing into the ground or for it to spawn and there be a hunter parked on the spot.

Suggestion: Swap Mi-28 Kajman for the NATO Blackfoot, move its spawn to main base and have a new landing pad designated 'Gunships' where when Marathon is unlocked the aircraft will spawn, reduce respawn timer to 2/3 or 1/2 current timer in reflection of the Blackfoots lesser combat ability.

And lastly regarding the AO and enemy within, I'm liking the fact Tigris's and tanks are starting to move further outside the AO's as an added challenge (Not sure if intentional) and would be great to see the AO's 'Expand' a little more with spawns

Suggestion: Have patrols, vehicles (Mechanised infantry ect) and on occassion a Kajman or Orca on patrol around AO to avoid knowing that you're mostly safe until you enter the red circle.

Otherwise loving I&A and keep up the good work! Feel that the other vehicles and new missions are working well.

2 minutes ago, Tales said:

Suggestion: Move FOB Marathons 2 Helicopter Spawns further away from the Infantry spawn, perhaps bring the Kuma forward instead but keep it clear of the 'Landing' spot in front of the spawn point where helicopters land.

Yea the current FOB designs were made rather quickly i'll have a look at marathon when i've got the time.

2 minutes ago, Tales said:

Suggestion: Swap Mi-28 Kajman for the NATO Blackfoot, move its spawn to main base and have a new landing pad designated 'Gunships' where when Marathon is unlocked the aircraft will spawn, reduce respawn timer to 2/3 or 1/2 current timer in reflection of the Blackfoots lesser combat ability.

Actually FOB guardian already spawns a blackfoot, it just also spawns the kajman.  The blackfoot will spawn 3/5 times, the kajman 2/5 times.

4 minutes ago, Tales said:

Suggestion: Have patrols, vehicles (Mechanised infantry ect) and on occassion a Kajman or Orca on patrol around AO to avoid knowing that you're mostly safe until you enter the red circle.

Upon spawning in all enemies are set to patrol randomly in an area with a radius of 1.2 x the AOs radius if i'm not mistaken.  So it's already in :) 

• Mark T unpinned this topic
  • Stanhope pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Version 3.3.0 of I&A is going live on our servers. Please post any bugs/feedback in this thread. 

The changelog is as follows: 

- [added][Malden] service pads to FOBs
- [added] New side mission: rescue IDAP
- [added] New side mission: secure asset

- [added] New sub objective: goalkeeper
- [added] New sub objective: T-100 section
- [added] Unflip vehicle option, requires 4 people to use
- [added] Action that allows pilots to despawn damaged helis in base
- [added] A function that allows max 3 teamkills. On your 2nd teamkill you will receive a final warning. 10 minutes after a teamkill it will be forgotten and forgiven
- [tweaked][altis] FOB design
- [tweaked] Pilot restriction code
- [tweaked] Various behind the screen tweaks
- [tweaked] The code for all the prio objectives
- [tweaked] Air- and ground-vehicle service script
- [tweaked] No shooting in base hint will display your name
- [tweaked] Spawn points of FOBs will now get the name of said FOB
- [tweaked] Various spelling mistakes corrected (and new ones made)
- [tweaked] Some hints have been replaced by a fancier looking box with text
- [tweaked] The code for all the side missions (except the secure intel mission)
- [fixed] Refuel option for engineers
- [fixed] No shooting in base hint will not show up when controlling UAVs or when using flares
- [removed] Side mission: secure chopper
- [removed][altis] Some main AOs that were to close to FOBs

On 10/12/2017 at 2:29 AM, AhoyWorld Outreach said:

- [added] Action that allows pilots to despawn damaged helis in base

This is really usefull because damaged helis in base are broken rotors in range of breaking rotor stuff... 

- [added] Unflip vehicle option, requires 4 people to use

Nice (a quad and a tank require the same amount of people?)
I don't know but maybe change the amount of player needed if the Bobcat is within 5m... (that's a realism suggestion)

[added] A function that allows max 3 teamkills. On your 2nd teamkill you will receive a final warning. 10 minutes after a teamkill it will be forgotten and forgiven

Does that means after the 3rd teamkill you are kicked?

What happen if the CAS make a massive friendly fire?

radio tower mission for example. One is lazing it and doesn't see a unit planting charges at the base of RT. GBU do not take a side on the fight...

- [fixed] Refuel option for engineers

Yeepi kaï. (One of the engineer was able to do that but extending it to all engineer is good)