Please No Forced Push to Talk in EU3

Please No Forced Push to Talk in EU#3. It serves absolutely no purpose what so ever!

All it does is force us to find another key for push to talk, and given ArmA 3's stupid number of controls as is, that is actually quite difficult.

Its better to let us use Voice Activation, as its hassle free.

Apart from getting rid of the hilariously annoying comms when ppl are eating or talking to people they know... it also helps the admins know when people can't help being idiots (actually pressing the ppt to be a fool)

You will also notice that everyone has been g given a chance to have voice detection on until this point but have this privilege taken away once they have proven that this is too much for them to handle. The only difference is that people have to prove themselves before not after.

Here's the Thing. I've been away for a week revising for exams, i come back, and suddenly, everyone seems to have a push-to-talk fetish. I've always used Voice Activation, its just easier. If i need to do something, I just Mute my mic.

The last thing i want is to have to bind another key that ill always forget.

So forgive me for being a little angry. Its one thing to tell everyone about a change that's going to happen, But another to force it in the middle of a game.

You had it nailed before-hand; Let people use what system they like, but force those who just aren't competent. Not Force everyone.

Now let's be reasonable... How can we possibly take you seriously acting like that?

Sorry, that was in response to Smileys Insulting Comment (which has since been remove. *Smileys Backpedaling intensifies* 

My comment was a response to that, but seeing it was quite ironic and worth less than it would archieve I decided to remove it.

499025d1265264958-91-4runner-200-bucks-b

​*Backpedaling Intensifies* 

​*Backpedaling Intensifies* 

What's with the trolling, if someone regrets, or even dislikes their own post due to being heated when they made the post.

They have the right to take it back,

No need to be a A-hole and try and spark something when there is no need,

Should be grateful that they have seen their mistake and had whatever respect for you to remove it.

(I.e this is a heated post due I hate posts like that one)

And to stay on topic, I do Dislike the force PTT, but if the admins have decided to take this action then it must be needed for whatever reason they deem fit.

And they have said that some people will be aloud to have the option not to use PPT.

Guest Bartlett

I've been away for about a week due to it nearing the time of the birth of my little boy, does this mean that when I come back on I'm going to be on frickin push to talk as I just got voice detection working? If that's the case it's gonna destroy my game play and I wouldn't see the point in staying? ??

I've been away for about a week due to it nearing the time of the birth of my little boy, does this mean that when I come back on I'm going to be on frickin push to talk as I just got voice detection working? If that's the case it's gonna destroy my game play and I wouldn't see the point in staying? ??

gratz on the little one, But pretty much yes you may have to use PTT, Since this change has only happened few hours ago (5/6 hours from this post). it might even be changed back in the future depending on effectiveness it has on control the amount of "hot mic's".

-End of reply-

In-general-

We will see what the AhoyWorld staff have in store for us (just remember that the admins are always working to try and improve our experience. Not to bug us or troll)   

Guest Bartlett

Well I would like to know what my case is as I do comply with coms disipline, I think I have only ever done 1 hotmic and that was when r you was online ages ago. And I figured out what it was that caused it..... double tapping to get my radio up. If anyone ever mentions any background noise from me I stright away hit F11, that mutes my mic so can you please tell me what you are going to do with my case as the only role I play is medic and I do believe my voice activation is important. As it can mean life or death for the player I'm fixing up. Especially when I'm being supported to treat a patient. Messing around with push to talk is to fiddly to do the role effectively? ??

You all appear to have missed this.

Ryko*

Pardon me but why is it that in most cases when EU3 is mentioned people start arguing.

I know how to rectify this...

Have a cat: WDF_543720.jpg

Seems to me that it is when certain people mention eu3 not the majority of the players...

And ohh cat I feel the thread calming already :)

There is also 1 good reason for forced PTT that you all might have missed. Before pressing PTT you have time to think what are you gonna say. I`ve heard people blabber nonsense, even over the radio.

There have been waaay to many unecessary comments being thrown forward on the server while in base or in vehicles. This gives you time to think about it.

Great summary @PER0.

PTT is the only way to have communication discipline. And there shouldn't be any exceptions. If Arma 3 as Zak told has numerous keys for all kind of in-game options, there shouldn't be a problem finding one more for communications. I'm using whole numpad key section just for radios. That way I don't have to press multiple keys for alt.radios low/raised comms etc. I don't know if anyone anymore uses ball sensor mice. There should be middle click which you can use for communication on the mouse. Forward/backward buttons?