Time to move on

Chuck

Hello Guys and Girls,

It's time for me to leave and pass the baton over to someone else. I've got a very busy time coming up as I'm planning on joining the Royal Navy as an Aeronautical Engineer in 2019. I'm currently training to get through the fitness and swimming tests. They are looking for 2.4km in 9 minutes so I've got a lot of work to do!

I first joined this community back in September 2015, after watching Luetins famous Invade and Annex tutorial. I did a bit of flying and loved it. I thought it would be hilarious to dress up as a civilian complete with fedora and fly people around. Someone said I look like Chuck Norris because of the beard, so next time I was online I changed my name and I guess it somewhat stuck with me? Fact - I've never watched any of Chuck Norris' films.

I worked my way up from Member to Field Ambassador to Spartan to Admin and finally to Core Staff around this time last year.

Ill remain as is, to see through the launch of I&A4 which is hopefully going to be soon if the BETA tests go well in the very near future. After the release ill go back to member. I plan on still sticking my head in the door every now and then depending on when I'll be free.

I'd like to thank Mark T, we joined roughly at the same time and rose through the ranks at roughly the same pace, we recommended each other to the next role up and supported each other throughout. So thanks, Mark.

Its been great spending my time with you lot and it's unfortunate that I can't dedicate the time that I used to be able to!

My replacement will be announced tomorrow. talk about jumping in my grave :P

Chuck, one of the OG's, you're old in AhoyWorld dog years!

I'm sad to see you leave, you've been a great addition to ahoy, and your hard work is appreciated. I'm not as sad as I would be because I know that you're moving on to better yourself, and ultimately your career, which I truly wish you all the best in. 

It really won't be the same without you, but you go and smash them tests and prove to yourself that you've got the ability to make a successful career. Hope you come visit and don't become a stranger!

- X 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Well thank you for your teaching when i became a moderator Chuck! I've only played EU1 with you a couple of times and they have always been informative and we all will miss you! I'm glad to hear about your endevours and trust me on the run it will suck and you'll probably puck a couple of times (the fire dept i'm in has a FIT test and it sucked) but once you get over it you'll be fine. 50lbs of gear will be a breeze...once you spew a bit haha. Hope all the best for you and hopefully you will find some time for us with your schedule! 

All the best,

Norris

7 hours ago, Chuck said:

I'm planning on joining the Royal Navy

7 hours ago, Chuck said:

I've never watched any of Chuck Norris' films.

vader-nooooo.jpg

All the best for making that 9minutes - rumors have it that you best was 2min 30,but hey - thats what she said

?

Enjoy and dont become a stranger !

Feels bad that you`re leaving as you always had an open ear for improvement-ideas, etc and were one of the most helpful and friendly staff members. Anyways good luck along the path and as that crazy-AWE-boat-guy that I am, I very much like that the Navy was your choice!??⛵??️