Suggestion Poll

EU#3 poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Interviews with new EU#3 members?

2. 2. Set slots and one camo?

• 1 set slot.
    • 3 or 4 set slots.
    • No set slots.
    • One camo: RHS ocp and ucp, depends on terrain.
    • Choosable camo.
  3. 3. Training days and more custom mission?

• Obligated training days.
    • Optional training days.
    • No training days.
    • More custom missions.
    • Mission generator.

RAZ EDIT: The above poll is not from AhoyWorld officially

raz edit: Changed topic title to be more informative

Hello fellow players of EU#3. I want to talk about something that is very important to me and probably also to a lot of other players.

First of all I want to talk about the growth and behavior of players on EU#3. A lot of you know that EU#3 is booming and it is affecting the behavior on the sever, for example people take CAS jets without being given the orders to do so, others get in a pilot slot without having the knowledge and ability to fly and some people aren't even on teamspeak. I feel like EU#3 is turning in to the new EU#1 and I'm sure we don't want that. One of the problems that is causing this is that we want EU#2 to be a mix of a relaxed gaming community and a military simulation unit. I also want it to be like that but it's very hard to maintain.

That's why I'm thinking of this: 

• New players have to do an "interview" with certain members who want to do these "interviews" like me. We would take about the rules, explain how the mods work and so on. We would also talk about the following:
  • Set slots: people have to choose 3-4 slots where they want to specialize in. To give an example: Frozt would probably specialize as a pilot but he can also choose 2-3 other slots to switch when he gets bored of flying.
  • Training days: on these days we train to specialize in our slot and get used to the equipment that comes with our slot.
  • Choosing 1 camo for all of us to stop the accidental TK'ing. (I've tested the RHS ocp and ucp camo clothing and vests combined with tfa backpacks and it worked perfectly.
  • You have to prove your a good pilot/squad lead/team lead/platoon commander/tank crew by showing it and you can rank up from co-pilot to pilot and from team lead to squad lead and from squad lead to platoon command.

Another thing is that we should do more custom missions, like we are doing this saturday, instead of a mission generator because then we can control what vehicles we take and so on. This would also give us the possibility to decrease the amount of enemy armor vehicles if we wish to do so and actually give us a chance to be like a proper infantry unit that gets supported by an IFV like a M2A3 Bradley or another tank and the rest of teh convoy in MRAPs.

Something about the mods now: the most important thing I have to say about the mods is that we need the Challenger back. It is not Op -> a tank is designed to take some hits and the setup with the loader and a commander without a gun is perfect according to me and our most famous tank crew: Bomb 1-1. 

Another thing I want to advise you to take a look at for future notice is ACRE 2: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19324

I am willing to spend a lot of time on the development of EU#3 and improving the realism for all of us but of course I am not the only one in this community. That's why I started this poll so you guys can vote.

Thanks for your time,

LightningKill

voted :

yes for interview : i think you shouldn't limit the access but if you see a new guy talk him through and ask him his experience with arma and the different roles. if needed advice for changes or if we got a shooting range later on take him there and let him practice there so he can feel confident in the field as well.

3-4 slots : sure you can go for others but it is probably best to focus on 3-4 roles that you can fill for example i'm a decent auto-rifleman and AT though i don't mind practicing medic some more.

1 camo : this is not really needed for normal weekdays but would be better for gamenights so it is just that little bit easier.

optional training : some training is never bad to have. This can also remind you of things you didn't know or forgot. Also practice on movement as a fireteam/squad is allways good to do just like room/building clearing practice.

more custom mission : This choice is more for gamenights it will be fun to get out of the same old patrol ops on gamenights

Thank you for making this poll!

EU3 seriously needs sorting out because the realism and lack of new things, or at least things that people want is lacking. *One of the reasons I was considering giving up and joining a realism unit*

Hopefully we can get some cool new things and some good realism!

-Minipily "Mini", Bomb 1-1, 2nd Armoured Division 

Custom missions is always good, and I'd love to see Zeus used more often.

Some sort of whitelist for pilots I could get behind. If pilots want training sessions, go right ahead, thought if I wanted to practice, I feel I could just as well use Editor and Zeus to do so.

There are also a multitude of Steam Workshop scenarios designed to let people practise emergency routines such as tail rotor loss and engine failure.

Training for Infantry roles... again, if you want to practise marksmanship or CQC, there's plenty of Workshop maps out to do that SP. 

There might be some merit to training communications in a miltiplayer session, but that's about it I think.

The idea that you'd specialize as an AT or Autorifleman seems completely unneccesary to me. I don't know of any major MilSim unit that does this either.

As for Camo gear, I already feel like certain individuals are spending too much time playing dress-up as it is, so I'm all for Command designating one Camo type for an individual gamenight.

That said, It's my understanding that we might soon have pre-made kits to choose from, which may curb that problem.

ACRE, all for it.

Squad Lead, Pilots and Command slots are already being reserved for known players on gamenights.

Regulating them outside of Gamenights seems impractical, especially since people can and will break off and make their own group anyway. Without an Admin to enforce, it'd be moot.

Unnecessary restrictions for casual day gaming, sounds more like things for a gamenight.

Different camouflages do not really get people killed, in most cases it's through sheer recklessness of the shooter. Even the most Murican camouflaged

players get teamkilled just as much. In CQC they usually occur cause of reflex shots and lack of communication. Besides the enemy camouflage is really distinctive.

Don't mean to offend, but Lightingkill you are just as bad in behavior in EU3. With some verbal trolling, when people try to setup.

It's casual day gaming, which is why i dont take it too seriously, but still occationally we get delayed by 15-30min, when the everyone piles on and it avalanches.

That is why i only join EU3, when senior and tacticool members of ahoyworld appear, cause only then people really get their act together in short notice.

It's casual day gaming, which is why i dont take it too seriously, but still occationally we get delayed by 15-30min, when the everyone piles on and it avalanches.

That is why i only join EU3, when senior and tacticool members of ahoyworld appear, cause only then people really get their act together in short notice.

this is true people go play dressup doll way too much (i know i mess around a bit but not too much). just make loadouts if your familiar with the gear and get ready for action.

The idea that you'd specialize as an AT or Autorifleman seems completely unneccesary to me. I don't know of any major MilSim unit that does this either.

Squad Lead, Pilots and Command slots are already being reserved for known players on gamenights.

Regulating them outside of Gamenights seems impractical, especially since people can and will break off and make their own group anyway. Without an Admin to enforce, it'd be moot.

In most milsim units you're locked to one slot only.

It is impractical when there is like 10 people on the sever yes, but nowadays the server is quite popular on normal days during the week so I mean when we can try and set it up when there's a lot of people online.

Different camouflages do not really get people killed, in most cases it's through sheer recklessness of the shooter. Even the most Murican camouflaged

players get teamkilled just as much. In CQC they usually occur cause of reflex shots and lack of communication. Besides the enemy camouflage is really distinctive.

Don't mean to offend, but Lightingkill you are just as bad in behavior in EU3. With some verbal trolling, when people try to setup.

I know that but it's also making the gameplay more realistic and I think that's where we are trying to go with EU#3.

I know I can be annoying sometimes and I sometimes indeed talk with my indian accent or (try and) talk like Borat but that is only at base. I mean we are not in the army so it doesn't always have to be strict and so on you know. And I think EU#1 is more for casual day gaming and EU#3 is more for a more realistic but also more fun gameplay as a team.

I would like to see, for sure, people in the same camo for gamenights but I would like another poll for what camo is most wanted for each map/misison for each of these gamenights. Also not too sure what is meant by set slots but I would much like if people stick to singular roles they have chosen to be in and if they feel strongly on changing that role mid game then they can leave and resign themselves.

I would like to see, for sure, people in the same camo for gamenights but I would like another poll for what camo is most wanted for each map/misison for each of these gamenights. Also not too sure what is meant by set slots but I would much like if people stick to singular roles they have chosen to be in and if they feel strongly on changing that role mid game then they can leave and resign themselves.

I will make that poll once everybody that wants to vote on this poll has done it ;) 

And I totally agree on that we have to stick at at least one slot.

I know that but it's also making the gameplay more realistic and I think that's where we are trying to go with EU#3.

I know I can be annoying sometimes and I sometimes indeed talk with my indian accent or (try and) talk like Borat but that is only at base. I mean we are not in the army so it doesn't always have to be strict and so on you know. And I think EU#1 is more for casual day gaming and EU#3 is more for a more realistic but also more fun gameplay as a team.

I don't particularly play EU3 for the realism, i play it for the organization of doing missions (+tacticool of radios) and just getting away from unmodded servers, where people will use side mission reward vehicles (A-10) to cleanup the AO before anyone gets there.

I thought the whole purpose of gamenights was to have these uber realistic sessions you are talking about and rest of the week being casual.

I think it's better that way anyway. Cause during the week people are on the server at uncertain rates from 10-20, weekends being the usual exceptions.

I don't mind you doing your borat thing, but occationally do it at wrong place at the wrong time, when things are being organized. Cause even in base we need to get things done. Perhaps you should setup a canteen area for friendly banter in base (you know a place where ready players can talk while others equip), which isn't within earshot of the Arsenals.

I know I haven`t played with you lately, but I wish to put some personal input/feedback (if I may).

I agree with people choosing a couple of suitable roles for them, it makes a squad/unit to behave better, more fluency in completing the mission. As for camo/uniforms, I would set it so only camo matching the terrain being played on can be used (does mean VA in each mission needs to be edited). Less choice people have, less time is spent in base, by that, I don`t mean no choice, just spending time in base is shortened. People should still have options available, but not 40+ as now (not exact number :P ).

Optional training would be the best option, due to this community not being "hardcore" MilSim community, although some basic stuff should be learned by everyone.

I voted for more custom mission, although it might sound to some "now we need/want more missions". It`s not what I mean, not at all. I will also try to start creating misssions (haven`t done that since A3 Beta), but I have been following script development, so I could be able to create one mission per month, just the right ideas are needed.

Mission configurator is not a bad idea as well, mostly for mission nights. I`ve created like a small MCC Template for SP testing that I`ve ported on any map I desired to try. So same principle could be done with this, if a template for MCC is made on Altis, tested, polished, it can easily be ported to any map (no special need to port scripts/markers between them). Due to MCCs great power of having a mission generator, mission can be setup easily, in just a couple of minutes. Pluse, there used to be a feature to create a mission in SP/editor using MCC, saving it and then just loading by the admin (not sure if this still works).

Voted as well.

- On the interwiews: i would say yes, but it will get tedious for all those who do the interviews.

- 3 to 4 slots: Yes, it would be better then doing everything, also i would like to see pilot slots more restricted, or atleast have 2 of those slots set so only experienced pilots can use those slots. Not easy to scripts/do i know, but the amount of new players jumping in a A-10 only to crash it is getting bigger lately.

- I chose choosing camo, however i would advise only for normal weekdays to do that. During gamenights i would inforce Squadlead or Platoon Command choosing the camo for that gamenight.

- Optional Training: This one is a bit of a mixed bag, i would like enforced training, but many might not be willing to do that (new players). Optional training would also show who might be willing to improve themselves and listen to critique, thus showing they are perhaps better suited for higher roles like Squadlead and such. I always find those who are willing to train and who listen to advise to be better at becoming leaders then those that will ignore that and just continue doing it their own way.

I did not vote for the last choice, custom or normal maps.

I will make that poll once everybody that wants to vote on this poll has done it ;)

And I totally agree on that we have to stick at at least one slot.

I agree with having set camos for gamenights yes. But this should be chosen by the mission developer. Not by poll every week, just seems like a bit of a waste of time. If that is the case we might as well start polling for what colour NVG's we want. As we're basically skipping everyone doing dress up in-game and voting for it on the forums instead.

I agree with having set camos for gamenights yes. But this should be chosen by the mission developer. Not by poll every week, just seems like a bit of a waste of time. If that is the case we might as well start polling for what colour NVG's we want. As we're basically skipping everyone doing dress up in-game and voting for it on the forums instead.

Agreed. :)

voted..im down for "whitelisting" at least for pilots, they need to know what they are doing..and i know this is not a full on milsim server, and i peronaly love the way we have all this fun, but keep it as seroius as posible..

i also like to have the posibility to have 3-4 set slots, that way if we are few people on, i can still join as say..an autorifleman if i want to, and not just sit at base with my awesome pilot outfit and do nothing..(thanks for me beeing an example there lightning :P )

training days, YES! sure you can go into editor and try out everything, but it wont be the same as when you jump on the server and it being full and you have no propper comsetticette (yes i know i probably spelled it wrong :P ) espescialy for pilots, be it transport and otherwhise, and yes i have fucked up more than once on coms. so i would love to see this.

and a rank system, of sorts..as long as it doesent get to "hard" to acheve a new "rank" if you know what i mean?....

at least these are my thoughts on this post, no offence to anyone i hope :)

and a rank system, of sorts..as long as it doesent get to "hard" to acheve a new "rank" if you know what i mean?...

Don't think a rank system would work, we've no reason to implement one, and we don't wanna cause a "I'm above you" sort of attitude due to being higher rank etc.

Would love to hear some arguments for it though

Nope, im against rank system. We currently have a simple system i place that says "Listen to the chain of command". Ranks would just cause one guy with sergeant rank too ignore a private rank player who happens to be the only one to step up and lead a squad. It gives people the wrong idee of being better or more important then there fellow player due to rank.

voted..im down for "whitelisting" at least for pilots, they need to know what they are doing..and i know this is not a full on milsim server, and i peronaly love the way we have all this fun, but keep it as seroius as posible..

i also like to have the posibility to have 3-4 set slots, that way if we are few people on, i can still join as say..an autorifleman if i want to, and not just sit at base with my awesome pilot outfit and do nothing..(thanks for me beeing an example there lightning :P

training days, YES! sure you can go into editor and try out everything, but it wont be the same as when you jump on the server and it being full and you have no propper comsetticette (yes i know i probably spelled it wrong :P ) espescialy for pilots, be it transport and otherwhise, and yes i have fucked up more than once on coms. so i would love to see this.

and a rank system, of sorts..as long as it doesent get to "hard" to acheve a new "rank" if you know what i mean?....

at least these are my thoughts on this post, no offence to anyone i hope :)

I was thinking about the best transportpilot on the server so yeah you are a perfect example. 

And can you explain the ranking system? do you mean like team lead that can rank up to squad lead and so on or really like private, corporal,...?

well..might have been a bit of missunderstanding on my part there..nor a rank system per say, but take pilots as an example, i've been on the server for a while, and people know me, and hopefully think i am a good pilot, and qualified for the role. what i meant by rank system is that, say some new person joins, i dont think they should be able to just hop in a pilot seat and fly away (no pun intened) before they have proven that they are "good enough" to take the lives of the ground troops in their hands so to speak. maybe start them out as a copilot to..how to say it, let them show they know what they are doing, or some sort of tryout on non game nights or dedicated training sessions...i dont know if this makes any sense..but if i was a ground troop i would like to know that the guy flying me too or from a mission knew what he was doing.. i dont mean to boast about my self, so im hoping this post dosent make it seem so.

It's nice to see that everyone wants custom missions. However, custom missions don't grow on trees. Someone needs to create said missions as right now the only 2 people that make missions are Me and Christiansen. For me between keeping EU 3 running, working on a custom perpetual mission for EU 3, developing I&A, and my personal life I don't have the most amount of time to making custom missions. And I am sure that Christiansen is just as busy with his own stuff. As far as the camo's go, that is up to whoever is making the mission and the reason that people take so long at base is because they are always trying to play dress up. 

For interviewing members, 1. I sure as hell am not going to spend my time trying to interview people. and I'm sure that no one on the staff would want to. 2. Creating an exclusive server that only people that only a few people can play on goes against several of the ideas that Ahoy World was founded with. 3. We currently don't draw enough people to have a real need to only allow a certain number of people on to the server. I think that the current way of first come first serve is working fine. 

When it comes to a ranking system we are not going to do that as some people will definitely have an attitude of I'm higher than you therefore I'm better. Also having a ranking system would be a lot of work both on the forums and managing to take care of. And again no one would really want to do it or have the time to. Also we are already the squad lead slots and commander slots reserved to certain people to help speed everything up and make it a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Hi there,

1. We won't be interviewing anybody, logistically it isn't possible.

2. that is up to mission design and therefore is not completely our decision

3. One of our admin teams is working on training material currently. Here's a question, how many other people have read the TTP that shac k tac made? how many of you say you are willing, and how many are actually willing?

We pride ourselves for the environment you enjoy playing in, that is a casual, no bullshit, just playing atmosphere. If it isn't serious enough for you then im sorry but we're doing our best to make a fun environment, not a boring one filled with unnecessary red tape.

@Mini, I'm not sure if you've noticed regarding you telling us the server needs sorting out. we've stepped up our administration game to sort out unruly behavior. Lead by example

1. I know it takes long to make such missions and I know you are doing your best bacon and I am not saying you have to spend more time on it but it would be nice to see some missions by for example Jochem because I know he makes good missions.

2. I don't think you guys understood what I mean with the interviews: I just want to talk to a new player that I come across on the server to inform him about the rukes you guys made, talk about the mods and make sure he understands it all and talk about the gamenights and training days. I NEVER stated that I wanted to do this to keep people out of eu3 and only allow certain people on the server. I would want to do these interviews so the staff doesn't have to worry about it.

3. I also never intended to put a ranking system in the server in the server, I just want to prevent people from taking a chopper or A10 without knowledge of it that is all.

4. I also agreed to someone who also said that the mission designer chooses the camo.

5. I read most parts of the shacktac TTP because I am very interested in the army and all that comes with it, shacktac explains it perfectly even though it is based on a game.

6. My objective is not to put more bullshit in the game because I really enjoy it how it is now, otherwise I wouldn't care so much about EU3, the only thing I want to do, just like you, is to stop and prevent people from being unruly.

1. I know it takes long to make such missions and I know you are doing your best bacon and I am not saying you have to spend more time on it but it would be nice to see some missions by for example Jochem because I know he makes good missions.

2. I don't think you guys understood what I mean with the interviews: I just want to talk to a new player that I come across on the server to inform him about the rukes you guys made, talk about the mods and make sure he understands it all and talk about the gamenights and training days. I NEVER stated that I wanted to do this to keep people out of eu3 and only allow certain people on the server. I would want to do these interviews so the staff doesn't have to worry about it.

3. I also never intended to put a ranking system in the server in the server, I just want to prevent people from taking a chopper or A10 without knowledge of it that is all.

4. I also agreed to someone who also said that the mission designer chooses the camo.

5. I read most parts of the shacktac TTP because I am very interested in the army and all that comes with it, shacktac explains it perfectly even though it is based on a game.

6. My objective is not to put more bullshit in the game because I really enjoy it how it is now, otherwise I wouldn't care so much about EU3, the only thing I want to do, just like you, is to stop and prevent people from being unruly.

Not to be anymore of a downer on this thread, I've highlighted point 2, surely you can do that anyway? Just a question :) Or am i miss understanding you

Also, I feel as if some people have been a little harsh on Lightningkill here, after all he is only trying to suggest things for the community and get the community opinion on them.