Suggestion Poll

EU#3 poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Interviews with new EU#3 members?

2. 2. Set slots and one camo?

• 1 set slot.
    • 3 or 4 set slots.
    • No set slots.
    • One camo: RHS ocp and ucp, depends on terrain.
    • Choosable camo.
  3. 3. Training days and more custom mission?

• Obligated training days.
    • Optional training days.
    • No training days.
    • More custom missions.
    • Mission generator.

A new guy joined the server today. I did the interview that I wanted to do, I asked him if he knew the mods and how to use them, I read to rules out load to him while he was gearing up and at the end he even said thank you for informing me so in my point of view it is not really scaring people of at all.

Also a pilot landed at the AO for evac and flew into a building when we got in, that's what I want to prevent.

Ah, I see what you mean by interview, more of an induction perhaps? A welcoming atmosphere to new missed players would be very much appreciated :).

Sadly you're always going to get scrubs wherever you play. Just look forward to game nights where it's acceptable to regulate slots.

Unfortunately we get rather defensive as historically our valued players clash with us and each other and we try to keep topics unlocked, so I apologise for being critically defensive.

P.s. Thank God somebody else has read it. It makes example setting so much easier for others to follow

Ah, I see what you mean by interview, more of an induction perhaps? A welcoming atmosphere to new missed players would be very much appreciated :).

Exactly! I've been doing this with every new player that I came across with on EU#3 and neither of them had a problem with it, they even found it helpfull. I also go over the rules with them to decrease the level of scrubs ;) 

And no worries, criticism is allows allowed but it's also nice to hear something good once in a while :) 

And yeah I sometimes forget some parts about it while fighting but yeah I try to keep it in mind!

A new guy joined the server today. I did the interview that I wanted to do, I asked him if he knew the mods and how to use them, I read to rules out load to him while he was gearing up and at the end he even said thank you for informing me so in my point of view it is not really scaring people of at all.

Also a pilot landed at the AO for evac and flew into a building when we got in, that's what I want to prevent.

I believe that's called orientation. An interview would be asking in detail about his previous arma experience, understanding of military maneuvers, doctrines, weaponry, logistics blah blah blah which is just a bore.

I believe that's called orientation. An interview would be asking in detail about his previous arma experience, understanding of military maneuvers, doctrines, weaponry, logistics blah blah blah which is just a bore.

yeah sorry if it was unclear what I meant with an interview, English is not my native language :P

• 4 weeks later...
I sometimes indeed talk with my indian accent or (try and) talk like Borat but that is only at base. 

I couldn't help but recall some of those incredibly funny moments, thank you Rajiv.

Now to the point.

We should bring this post back up, especially after the new map changes. Some of those poll results have gone through on the EU3 Gauntlet mission, and I know a lot of people like some of them (thats at least the feeling I got after multiple hours of play testing). Perhaps some of you who did vote here before would have chosen a different option if you knew how it would pan out in the future.

This post does still apply for the whole of EU3 as well, in the missions and outside of the missions. Although the mission has a big influence on the type of gameplay, after every mission the last one is the new standard. Almost everything that we liked from Patrol Ops got ported over or got adapted to the new mission, and what we didn't like mostly got... well, destroyed or removed. (Thank you to the creators)

Now that we have new slots and load-outs there can be more focus on the actual gameplay/teamwork which is noticeable.

Stuff like training and interviews are not implemented, as well as the different camo`s. Im not saying this is necessary or a request, but perhaps we should make a new poll since some time has passed and as I said before, some people will look differently to the same subjects/choices. and might come up with some good fitting stuff!

Looking forward to your reactions  :)