Stiletto Feedback Thread

Stiletto 042 is now on the server.

CHANGE LOG 042
1. Tweaked how Zeus is assigned and how units are added to the Curator interface for better server performance.
2. Mortars re-introduced to missions where players must assault an objective.
3. Deploy Comm array mission: doubled area of size where communications array is to be deployed.
4. Reduced Civilian deployment zone distance in Kunduz ("should" help with intel not locating objectives correctly)
5. Updated medical center in Lythium to Altis standard (with Heal All medic)

The thing is it measures the distance between you and the plane to determine whether you are too far away. So move yourself closer to the plane but not so far away that you lose the action, and it should work. 

And yes, even after it finishes, it will likely throw a "too far" error even if was successful. Blame ace. 

4 minutes ago, Ryko said:

The thing is it measures the distance between you and the plane to determine whether you are too far away. So move yourself closer to the plane but not so far away that you lose the action, and it should work.

Tried, didn't work

Stiletto 043 has been released on all maps. Cycle order now starts with Tembelan.

CHANGE LOG 043
1. Tweak to Destroy Jammer outpost mission: Serious messing around with TFAR. The mission will make radios essentially useless while this mission is ongoing (reception distance for short range radios is about 10m)
2. Logi gets a big overhaul in this version.
A. Removed all ace sub-actions: the Logi action now brings up a Logi dialogue box for structure creation.
B. Removed the 20 RP Logi crate.
C. Added Logi action to crates: check resource points (will reveal how many RP are left in a logi crate).
D. Added functionality to recycle resource points when structures are removed (half the RP value will be returned to the structure's nearest Logi crate). Recycling a structure takes an amount of time relative to the RP invested in its creation.
E. Rotation, placement and cancellation of an intended structure is now performed by middle mouse scroll, left-click and right-click, respectively.
F. To make this work it's no longer possible to pick up previously placed items, if you want to move them around you have to recycle them and build them again.

3. Fixed a couple of errors within the mortars script that prevented them from spawning.
4. Tweaked vehicle deployment for Gripen colour scheme (Thanks Stanhope)
5. Fix on Arsenal for TFAR and RHS SAF items.
6. Fix on suicide bomber when asked to surrender.
7. Tweaked air vehicle ejection script: previously, only units in the cargo section had parachutes automatically assigned. Now, ejecting from any seat will give you a parachute.
8. Tweaked how TV effect (fullscreen) is exited, should be more reliable.
9. ACE Nightvision effect reduced. Advanced Nightvision goggles available to Pilots, Squad Leaders and command elements.
10. Tweaks to ambient spawning.
11. Changed the AI medic to a static medical box for various reasons. Added a hint to the heal action to indicate whether it worked or not.
12. Tweak to kill HVT mission to fix mission completion.
13. Fixes to Recover UAV intel mission (Thanks Hobnob).
14. Added ability to launch specific missions from mission control (you must place a marker named 'newmission' on the map: when it disappears, the server has registered that the mission will take place here).
15. Added ability to set karma on specific locations from mission control (you must place a marker named 'setkarma' on the map: when it disappears, the server has registered that the karma amount will be modified here).
16. Added ability to show all karma values from mission control.
17. Tweaks to arsenal creation method 'should' result in less TFAR radio digestion by arsenal.
18. Two new parameters added: Start Stiletto but disable auto mission spawning, and Disable auto mission ending on the completion of the final mission.
19. Added capture HVT mission.

20. Tweaked location of aircraft service boards so pylons can be changed more easily.

21 minutes ago, Garrard said:

Any possibility of allowing UAV Operators to spawn in drones from the plane and helicopter spawn points instead of relying on higher ranks to spawn them in for the operator? 

Why would that be needed?:huh: The UAV Operator isn´t allowed to use drones without the consent of PC or ASL anyways => there will always be someone who can spawn them. Also they usually aren´t getting destroyed since they operate at like 2km wich means that they don´t have to get spawned in mid-mission

20 minutes ago, Ryko said:

They can't actually - they're a sergeant, and all air vehicles require a Lieutenant or greater rank to spawn. I'd be open to some discussion on this point.

I got a for and against argument for this.

On one side you can give him the lieutenant rank. 

On the other side you still have ASL or vortex to do that for you?

The reason I say the is because I noticed on wednesdays event I was having to pull command way what they were doing to spawn them in. Also it would allowed me to set up the drones especially the Falcons which require hacking so take longer to get ready. Finally if for any reason no lieutenant was not close to you (eg. You die and have been asked to send a drone over to the next mission but you have to send a Falcon drone. If a lieutenant or above was at a FOB you wouldn’t be able to connect to it) you wouldn’t be able to spawn a new one if needed. 

4 hours ago, Garrard said:

eg. You die...

There is no reason whatsoever for the UAV Op to die at all. Your job is to sit in base and control UAVs. Also there isn´t really any reason for your UAV to die since if you operate it correct the AI isn´t able to see it => it won´t get shot down. Also if the UAV OP would be able to just keep spawning UAVs in it would most likely lead to people operating them more aggressively since there would be no real problem if they get shot down since you don´t even die with them.

45 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

There is no reason whatsoever for the UAV Op to die at all. Your job is to sit in base and control UAVs. Also there isn´t really any reason for your UAV to die since if you operate it correct the AI isn´t able to see it => it won´t get shot down. Also if the UAV OP would be able to just keep spawning UAVs in it would most likely lead to people operating them more aggressively since there would be no real problem if they get shot down since you don´t even die with them.

That's true if that's how command chooses to use the UAV operator, but after a certain distance, and with terrain interception, comms with a UAV OP at base become impossible, so bringing them out into the field is a reasonable option.

What this is suggesting to me is that there's perhaps an opening for a resource-based system for vehicles, similar to Logi, whereby you couldn't just spam vehicles as you like, but that would take a bit more thinking.

Personally I like some oversight in the distribution of assets, but I'm also not against easing restrictions to allow the UAV Op to do his job.

3 hours ago, Ryko said:

but after a certain distance, and with terrain interception, comms with a UAV OP at base become impossible,

That´s why you should use the AN/PRC-210 LW radio with a range of 40km (that´s 10km more than vehicles have!) instead of the small radios with only 20km range;)

On 2/2/2018 at 12:58 PM, Ryko said:

What this is suggesting to me is that there's perhaps an opening for a resource-based system for vehicles, similar to Logi, whereby you couldn't just spam vehicles as you like, but that would take a bit more thinking.

You could earn different amount of points from different missions depending on how long on average they take. With those points, you could buy more advanced equipment. For example, you could start with a lower level jet (if such thing exists) and purchase something more modern or something for a specific purpose like an A-10 for CAS. This could also work with helicopters and drones. There could also be different ways of implementing it, you could set it up so you buy them each time you want that vehicle or you could buy it once and then if you want it again you could buy the same vehicle at a subsidized price. Just building on my interpretation of your idea.

After building a fob with the new system, I can say that I like some of the new functionality and the gains to it however I also have some issues.

On 31/01/2018 at 6:58 PM, Ryko said:

A. Removed all ace sub-actions: the Logi action now brings up a Logi dialogue box for structure creation.
B. Removed the 20 RP Logi crate.
C. Added Logi action to crates: check resource points (will reveal how many RP are left in a logi crate).
D. Added functionality to recycle resource points when structures are removed (half the RP value will be returned to the structure's nearest Logi crate). Recycling a structure takes an amount of time relative to the RP invested in its creation.
E. Rotation, placement and cancellation of an intended structure is now performed by middle mouse scroll, left-click and right-click, respectively.
F. To make this work it's no longer possible to pick up previously placed items, if you want to move them around you have to recycle them and build them again.

A. I personally preferred the ace sub-actions as it was less intrusive than the box, also the box reopening after placing an object is slightly annoying.

B. i'm fine with this as they were pretty much useless.

C. very nice feature as if command wants another fob i may be able to move the box and order others later on.

D. very nice feature, as if the FOB needs moving or a redesign then the parts can be removed without much loss.

E. nice and accurate however I find it slower to use than the ace interaction version, and also my PTT [MB5] cancels all placement which is rather annoying during joint builds.

F. not a fan as if an object is misplaced then it will take longer to move and will cost points. possibly requiring a new logi box to rebuild it.

If on the ACE action to select LOGI there was a 'settings' or choice between building with the list or using the ace sub-actions, and scrolling for rotation or using the 'set direction' and 'commit/cancel' ace action.

I'm ok with FOB building taking longer, however some in Alpha, etc. often get annoyed if the FOB takes too long to be built.

Also the spawnable AT-4 box and medical box (there's only one now) are both empty boxes with no supplies inside.[there are probably others however I haven't fully tested the boxes]

33 minutes ago, Adshield said:

A. I personally preferred the ace sub-actions as it was less intrusive than the box, also the box reopening after placing an object is slightly annoying.

I may make an additional button which is "create and re-open", which operates as current, while "create" does not pop open the box again.

34 minutes ago, Adshield said:

E. nice and accurate however I find it slower to use than the ace interaction version, and also my PTT [MB5] cancels all placement which is rather annoying during joint builds.

The only way I can get around this is to create a MOD which uses CBA to let you assign your own keybinds; might investigate this in the future.

34 minutes ago, Adshield said:

F. not a fan as if an object is misplaced then it will take longer to move and will cost points. possibly requiring a new logi box to rebuild it.

Might be a way to allow for accident removal: ie., give you a time-sensitive window to do an immediate recycle if you botch the placement.

36 minutes ago, Adshield said:

If on the ACE action to select LOGI there was a 'settings' or choice between building with the list or using the ace sub-actions, and scrolling for rotation or using the 'set direction' and 'commit/cancel' ace action.

The problem is the script to create the ace actions was getting massive, going with the dialog allows for alot greater flexibility and also is less horrific for those who ACE interaction didn't play well with the system. That said, I might be able to bring the original set direction script back into play if people also enjoyed using that.

Will check on the Launcher & medical boxes.