Stiletto Feedback Thread

I've identified a few more errors and have compiled a version 031 which is essentially a bug fix release.

I've also changed up the default order of missions:

1. Malden

2. Stratis

3. Altis

4. Lythium

5. Bozcaada

6. Gorgona

Stiletto version 032 has been uploaded for all maps.

Change log 031/032
0. Version 031 was a bug fix release with no major changes.
1. Fixed Logi spawn in Lythium.
2. Added Vehicle spawn on Carriers in Bozcaada & Stratis.
3. Updated vehicle spawn system to use noticeboards instead of light poles (easier to find the addaction), and not quite as much an obstacle. Tweaked code in an attempt to prevent explosion on vehicle spawn. Added text of spawned vehicle to confirmation.
4. Added BLUFOR Tracking to Malden.
5. Tweaked arsenal to update east/west contents (and added @Pancake's camo request)
6. Toyed with CBA settings for forward compatibility
7. Added additional check for Ambient Camp positioning to prevent spawning on players

@Stanhope I tried to replicate your bug but couldn't... let me know if it happens again

@Ryko

Had several instances of vehicle destruction upon spawning in. They didn't explode, just become severely damaged. This was on Altis as Spetsnaz.

Additionally, activating the BFT or messaging system seems to still remove the ACE map features (lighting, maptools, etc.)

9 hours ago, J0hnson said:

@Ryko

Had several instances of vehicle destruction upon spawning in. They didn't explode, just become severely damaged. This was on Altis as Spetsnaz.

Additionally, activating the BFT or messaging system seems to still remove the ACE map features (lighting, maptools, etc.)

Can back this up and wanna say it happend Tuesday as Marines as well.

STILETTO_LYTHIUM_01_031

BAF (Desert)

Vehicles tend to blow up or get wrecked upon spawning them in.

Supply depot refuses to spawn in logi crates, with the message: "Logi Container Spawn Area is not clear." - Nothing in the supply depot that suggest the message is right...

I'll have a look at the Lythium spawn area, but I think @hobnob11 and I can attest to the fact that it was working earlier. Could be that -you- were in the spawn area?

activating the BFT or messaging system seems to still remove the ACE map features (lighting, maptools, etc.)

This is the first time I'm hearing about this.

Vehicles tend to blow up or get wrecked upon spawning them in.

Current implementation works like this:

1. vehicle is created on client's PC for preview purposes, a confirmation message is given

2. When confirmation is given, client vehicle is deleted, and global vehicle is created

I suspect that there is a lag between the client and global vehicles, resulting in damage or destruction, even though I've set both vehicles to allowDamage false and enableSimulation false. Now that I've included the vehicle name in the confirmation message, I think I will have to remove the client preview vehicle and just spawn the global vehicle.

I feel like the medical at FOB's only work sometimes?

most of the time there is not a HEAL option on the scrool wheel menu, is it posible to get the stationary medic to stand in there so there is always someone to interact with? or can this be fixed in some other way?

34 minutes ago, Bissen said:

I feel like the medical at FOB's only work sometimes?

most of the time there is not a HEAL option on the scrool wheel menu, is it posible to get the stationary medic to stand in there so there is always someone to interact with? or can this be fixed in some other way?

I found the ACTUAL problem of this.

Only the person who spawned in the medical facility in FOBs can scroll wheel and "-Heal-." This will heal everyone in the medical facility.

HOWEVER, the issue is, ONLY if the guy who spawned in the medical facility uses the Heal option, will players be healed. It is not an automated facility. The builder has to do it for you.

Only the person who spawned in the medical facility in FOBs can scroll wheel

Fixed in Stiletto 033.

Also, vehicle spawn won't have the preview vehicle in 033, just the confirmation message which has the vehicle's class type, hopefully this will stop the explosioning.

- R

Thought I mentioned that BFT thing before, yeah touching the Messaging tab disables the ACE map, makes it vanilla. I'll test it again soon so I can see if it still fucks it but it may have fixed itself haha.

Good to hear about the preview thing, means my list will be useful haha

From the vanilla opfor vehicles, they don't have one without a flatbed or cargo on it. Might be one from RHS, but I haven't screwed around with their stuff in ages. Could use the typhoon/tempest truck with either its open flatbed to load boxes into it (similar to how the ammo truck version looks) or set the repair one to offer x ammount of supply for FOB stuff

Only the base "mover" HEMMT looks reasonable, the typhoon and zamak models don't have a similar model to work off of... Neither does rhs. Is, when the large crate is loaded, it looks like crap. Easier just to give opfor the HEMMT.

Stiletto 033 is now on the server on all maps.

Change log 033
1. Fixed diary entry re factions (MEC and PLA were reversed)
2. Reworked vehicle spawn: no longer 100 addActions but a new dialog. Vehicle spawn is activated from a nearby ATM rather than the more recent info stands.
3. Fixed vehicle spawning so they don't explode on spawn. There is no longer a confirmation vehicle, just confirmation text.
4. Logi spawned medical areas now work for players other than Logi engineer who spawned it.
5. Logi structures must now be built on area that's less than 7 degrees in gradient (if you try to spawn on a gradient greater than 7 degrees, you'll get an error hint that tells you the gradient you're standing on).
6. Updated Logi vehicle spawn stations with new ATM format.

7. Forward compatibility added for TFAR 1.0.

Bug: (<sarcasm>that's definitely, most certainly not my fault </sarcasm>)

STILETTO_LYTHIUM_01_033.lythium\scripts\logi\supplyPole.sqf
lines 100-112, those should be in the blufor if not the opfor/indep one.  

Attached version is fixed, also redid the numbers on some of them so you don't go 1>2>10 but instead 1>2>3 when there's only 3 options :)

supplyPole.sqf