Stiletto Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Ryko said:

Because people were asking for teleporters between the main base (often a carrier) and a fob. You can spawn at a FOB, but if you haven't quick saved a loadout, you are stuck with the default loadout.

Will a teleporter between the two work?

It will help if people have not realized to save their loadout with ACE Interation and for those wanting to grab another loadout, they can just use a teleporter between the carrier and FOB. It will also fix the "respawning issue" so people don't have to cry about respawning in order to spawn at the FOB like command told them to.

54 minutes ago, Minipily said:

Will a teleporter between the two work?

I have been reluctant to use teleporters for a variety of reasons, which is why I put the arsenal in.

Technically you cannot order another player to respawn, nor at present can you order a player in or out of a role, in the current AWE ruleset. This is currently under review.

This does lead to situations where you have an immovable object versus the irresistible force.  A similar situation is when a player is unconscious due to injury and despite the best efforts of a non-medic, the player remains unconscious.  No medic is available for further help, so in local the player is advised that they can hang on if they want, but there's nothing more existing players can do, and they can elect to respawn.  It's still the player's choice to respawn: they can't be ordered to do so.

In that, as well as this instance, all that the commander can be expected to do is create some form of plan that that allows the players to participate in the action.  If this involves respawning, it's at the player's discretion, but this does not imply (in a situation like this) that a commander is required to task other units to pick up other players. I'm sure it would have been different if the entire team was present at the carrier refusing to respawn to accommodate the commander's intent: as one would expect, a commander also has to weigh the needs and desires of the majority of players.

Next version of Stiletto will have to important updates:

1) When a player connects to the mission, they will get the respawn screen instead of automatically spawning at main base (this hasn't been considered because only up until recently were FOBs and mid-mission respawns at different locations, a thing)

2) The arsenal at a FOB will be present only for a few moments after the player's spawn - after which, it will disappear. This will allow a player to set up and save their initial loadout, but will not invalidate the use of Logi to bring in static supplies.

1 hour ago, Ryko said:

Next verson of Stiletto will have to important updates:

1) When a player connects to the mission, they will get the respawn screen instead of automatically spawning at main base (this hasn't been considered because only up until recently were FOBs and mid-mission respawns at different locations, a thing)

2) The arsenal at a FOB will be present only for a few moments after the player's spawn - after which, it will disappear. This will allow a player to set up and save their initial loadout, but will not invalidate the use of Logi to bring in static supplies.

Great changes, should smooth over any issues. 

Love the limited arsenal time thing, I was skeptical of a arsenal at a FOB because it would negate Logi but that fixes it.

4 hours ago, Stanhope said:

Except new players who are joining AWE for the first time.

...who can still use the default loadout wich is still pretty usefull when they are new. Also I´d say that completely new players don´t have pre-saved loadouts.;) And to finish it off they can also view the:

3 hours ago, J0hnson said:

instructions on the map.

(if someone made some; what is most likely the case);)

14 hours ago, Origins said:

maybe, when logi is enabled. arsenal in FOB's disabled?

also, the F/A 18e is broken with the current system, due to the inability to use the GPS system to target on the map. don't know if this is due to ace or something else. Basically the JSOW and SLAM, and a few others are pointless

Its not, both systems still work, FIR adds a new incompatible GPS system, which can be mounted onto the F18. but does not work with the F18's gps guided system.

I dont know which bombs are FIR and which bombs are F18, but only the f18 gps bombs will work with the f18, and only the FIR gps bombs will work with the fir gps system.

13 hours ago, hobnob11 said:

Its not, both systems still work, FIR adds a new incompatible GPS system, which can be mounted onto the F18. but does not work with the F18's gps guided system.

I dont know which bombs are FIR and which bombs are F18, but only the f18 gps bombs will work with the f18, and only the FIR gps bombs will work with the fir gps system.

I tested out yesterday. You seem to be able to select F-18 weaponry, however the pylons are fucked and clip with each other and the weapons operator in the 2 seater does not have access to use said weapons, nor can control be changed. I'll have to test myself to see how it all seems to work but it wouldn't surprise me if these mods collide with each other, a shame considering the F-18 is the most capable ground pounder we have for most Stilletto missions being carrier-borne.

Hammer team didn't show up on the map because they didn't have a commander.

altis logi crates have been broken since 0.24

I tested it just now, you can switch the weapon assignments between pilot and gunner just fine on the f18. also to make sure you select the right weapons to avoid clipping i suggest using the f18's own menu for pylon re-armament.

the f14 is also a fully functional carrier aircraft that can carry the same if not more payload, can do both single and multi seat like the f18, and has access to all of the fir weapons, and from doing some basic testing with flying over a enemy AA mission, it seems more durable as well.

IMO the arsenal in the FOB doesn't negate logi, it just negates the need for vortex to be slaved to them, and unless Logi drives the supplies In (good luck on carrier maps) this will mean vortex will need to help logi with all the boxes again.

I think the point of the resupply boxes is not for when people get back to an FOB, which may or may not have the ammo they want (leading to most of alpha re-spawning at the FOB when they get back when they cant find what they need).

Its so that when alpha's out in the AO and for example needs more smaw ammo, they can call that in without logi / the pilot having to go switch to bravo AT to get the ammo in a box then switching back to vortex to get to the AO. (ah, the good old days of switching to bravo marksman in takistan to get 7.62 ammo and then back to vortex).

all the arsenal box does is convert the like 20 logi boxes that fill up an fob into 1 lag free box that has everything.

1 hour ago, Pancake said:

Having an issue on current Stratis and Altis Stiletto versions as Intel Operative; unable to see the talk interact on ai, making me pretty much useless as him

Is your "style of menu (Medical)" set to "Selections (3d) or to "radial"? Because it only works with the 3d one and if you have that enabled you can just look at his head, click the ace-head-option, click the talk option.

@Ryko:

BTW when are we getting the SU-260/P (MDO) scope for ARs that has been approved by steering about 4 months ago?

I mean I know that you don´t like it because it is 6x but as said in the post we anyways already got two 6x scopes availabe and this one obviously is also approved by steering...

7 hours ago, hobnob11 said:

Hammer team didn't show up on the map because they didn't have a commander.

altis logi crates have been broken since 0.24

I tested it just now, you can switch the weapon assignments between pilot and gunner just fine on the f18. also to make sure you select the right weapons to avoid clipping i suggest using the f18's own menu for pylon re-armament.

the f14 is also a fully functional carrier aircraft that can carry the same if not more payload, can do both single and multi seat like the f18, and has access to all of the fir weapons, and from doing some basic testing with flying over a enemy AA mission, it seems more durable as well.

IMO the arsenal in the FOB doesn't negate logi, it just negates the need for vortex to be slaved to them, and unless Logi drives the supplies In (good luck on carrier maps) this will mean vortex will need to help logi with all the boxes again.

I think the point of the resupply boxes is not for when people get back to an FOB, which may or may not have the ammo they want (leading to most of alpha re-spawning at the FOB when they get back when they cant find what they need).

Its so that when alpha's out in the AO and for example needs more smaw ammo, they can call that in without logi / the pilot having to go switch to bravo AT to get the ammo in a box then switching back to vortex to get to the AO. (ah, the good old days of switching to bravo marksman in takistan to get 7.62 ammo and then back to vortex).

all the arsenal box does is convert the like 20 logi boxes that fill up an fob into 1 lag free box that has everything.

Unless it was literally just fixed, the pylon re-armament for the F18's own weapon system still clips and no control for the weapons operator on my side. I believe it's because the F-18 weapons are using the FIRWIL pylons which do not go hand in hand on that perticular bird, not a huge issue, just a little bug. Apparently the GPS system on it doesn't work now too though but I dont know about that, apparently a mission error rather than a mod confliction but that's just what I heard from Origins.

The F14 is also mainly a CAP plane, so it does not have access to Mavericks, Dumb Aimed Rockets or a large assortment of bombs. I tested it out the other day with Adshield and we were only able to use GBU-12 Paveways, which though still worked fairly nicely, was still not as combat capable nor fun as the F-18 which still remains a personal favourite for me and a few others since it was first added in 2014. Additionally, when using the F14 with a bomb load, my weapons operator did not have access nor could secure control of the weaponry, this may be a FIRWIL bug at the moment unless it's just on the F14 and the F18. No surprises for the F18 anyway, it's not supposed to work with FIRWIL, it worked perfectly without an error on it's own but now it seems to not be having the same magic. I may test more in depth with other birds on the server soon to check everything.

Personally me and others do believe the arsenal at the FOB negate the use of logi, hence why Ryko has made it a temporary arsenal in the new version of stilletto. Having an arsenal at the FOB means that Logi do not need to have CMD element have them use Vortex or themselves to transport supplies long distance between the main operating base and the FOB, the core reason why logi is logi. Logistics means delivering supplies after all.

Essentially, a lately myself and Johnson have been trying to push away the use of Vortex, purely using ground troops as much as possible to enforce more ground vehicle usage and proper infantry maneuvers. It's worked pretty well, occasionally Vortex may be needed to bring the initial supplies over from the Carrier but after that, all work done by him can be done by ground troops just as easily if not a little more so sometimes.

I believe the issue of Vortex or Logi having to switch role should be fixed yes, the way to fix it is to just have an updated logistics spawn pole at base with updated ammunition that covers the larger spectrum.

I can see how you may thing the arsenal may reduce the lag and have everything you need, but I personally have never received lag for extra boxes nor see how having everything at a FOB immediately is fun. It negates the use of long distance logistics, makes everything faster and easier and removes the additional fun from the stilletto mission. I'm sure we'd all rather work to receive supplies at the FOB, creating a whole new mission out of nothing, rather than just easily rearm with an arsenal at the FOB. If people just think of EVERYTHING on stilletto as a mission purely than just the missions marked out, you will have a lot more fun, trust me on that one because that's what Stilletto does that makes it so great.

The best thing about stilletto is how one can create a mission on their own, note how we spent at least an hour or two yesterday just securing a FOB and the location around it, it was incredibly fun doing large scale logistics like driving the convoy of trucks there and building it up and having resupplies be brought in. Having an arsenal at a FOB would negate about 90% of what me and others have been trying to do on Stilletto recently, and that's change things up and create some fun new scenarios as well as create large scale operations with low scale player count.

just my good ol' 2 cents, hope I explained it clear enough.

Yep, just tested that the ACE menu to assign the pylons to the copilot doesn't work on the F-18F but i don't see a problem, it's hardly used anyways because you can do the same job with the single seater and you can take planes like the F-16, F-15, A-10 to do the exact same job.  

17 minutes ago, Minipily said:

I'm sure we'd all rather work to receive supplies at the FOB, creating a whole new mission out of nothing, rather than just easily rearm with an arsenal at the FOB.

Nope

18 minutes ago, Minipily said:

we spent at least an hour or two yesterday just securing a FOB and the location around it, it was incredibly fun doing large scale logistics like driving the convoy of trucks there and building it up and having resupplies be brought in. Having an arsenal at a FOB would negate about 90% of what me and others have been trying to do on Stilletto recently, and that's change things up and create some fun new scenarios as well as create large scale operations with low scale player count.

Do note that your definition of fun isn't shared by everyone.  People might just see this as we're spending 2 hours doing 90% nothing and 10% fighting.  Most people don't like doing nothing.

17 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

Nope

Funny you say that after your extensive play the other day, and your valued feedback when you couldn't be flown in. I understand that we need to try and value everyone's preferences when playing EU3, but sadly that's pretty darn hard when a lot of people all have different preferences, so we tried to go for the majority, and we did, sadly yours wasn't in there i'm afraid and I understand you didn't want yours to slow it all down, but it would and did, so if you didn't want to respawn and begin playing from the FOB, then at that time that was your issue i'm afraid, rest of us did fine, damn good session all around.

16 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

Do note that your definition of fun isn't shared by everyone.  People might just see this as we're spending 2 hours doing 90% nothing and 10% fighting.  Most people don't like doing nothing.

Sure, I understand that you left and went to Ryko because you couldn't be flown in, but a good majority of people yesterday had fun, they didn't leave because they weren't. Funnily enough, EU3 isn't like EU1, we can't always expect to get into combat after being flown in by Vortex everytime, it's actually fun to take things slower and do new things like setting up FOBs and defending it against the ambient AI counter assualts which I may add are amazing thank you Ryko.

40 minutes ago, Minipily said:

Apparently the GPS system on it doesn't work now too though but I dont know about that, apparently a mission error rather than a mod confliction but that's just what I heard from Origins.

Tested just now, I didn't have this issue.

30 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

Arsenal action isn't showing up on FOB arsenal for JIPs (malden 0.25)

Yep, aware, to be fixed in 0.27

Re the Frogfoot - will also check that.

For the F-18 - the eventual plan will be to transition to FIR's EF-18 Growler, whenever that gets released.

The 6x optic for autoriflemen - yes, it can be added to the role and should be

24 minutes ago, Ryko said:

FIR's EF-18 Growler

ooooooh growler + POOK will make for some nice game nights (hopefully).

And the change vehicle direction thingy on service pads only changes it client-side, after a while it flips back around.  Just did it when i got back into it.