The state of EU3 - Opinions, problems and possible solutions. A constructive thread.

I agree with all points that have been raised here

I would also like to say I personally preferred the slots the way they were because 5 men in a fire team greatly improved their flexibility to respond to situations and it allows for 2 fire teams that can work and be assisted by the FTL when needed (also allowed for formations such as arrow head to be formed correctly)

And I think requiring a command element will only work if FTLs are included for the simple reason that numbers are not always in a state to warrant a squad lead being present. It also works against the work done to move the marksman slot due to people trying to run it all the time as if there is an ASL we can in theory have a marksman even without A1 or 2 filled making it just as popular as it was previously.

Just my thoughts on the subjects.

I read through your post Copey and from what I can read you want changes to gauntlet to go through a small review process before implementation in the server? And you want to change something about the squad composition? Is that right?

What is an EU3 veteran? Is it a title? I've played here since release and haven't seen any title. I agree to some of your points though

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

I've been here since the day EU3 very first came out back in 2014 or at least since the 2nd day it started (had to download the modset) and me and others have watched EU3 deteriorate, ask me or Jochem and we will reply how we just sat and watched it crash and burn since late 2014 early 2015 when most the EU3 Seniors (people stole what EU3 veteran really means) left and the EU3 way just completely collapsed. Nowadays it is just a sess-pit and sadly I doubt their is much you can do about it. EU3 will never return to its former glory when we played on Patrol Ops and had original players with good tactics, teamwork, communication and camaraderie in a somewhat relaxing 40 player average server. Now we don't even get close to that number and most the players don't even have a sense of camaraderie never mind actually use original tactics and teamwork.

I do totally agree with most your points

All I can say is, you cannot truly fix it BUT you can filter it out a LITTLE and control it but never fix it fully.

None the less, the server does still uphold a somewhat decent structure that we can all enjoy from time to time, even when we all have completely different wants and needs in ArmA 3 Multiplayers experience, I myself am all for hardcore Milsim but I understand EU3 will never get that and I can still have fun.

Also, congratz again on Moderator and good-fucking-luck with this, a completely brutally honest person like me wouldn't last 5 seconds in your boots! :P

Do what you want with my post, I speak only truth.

I'm indifferent on the issue of squad reorgs; I've not been here long enough to really get attached to a particular setup.

My only concern with the requirement of having some form of command element is that when the server has few players, I'll happily take a couple of people and go on a mission, but I don't want to be in a leadership position when the population has grown; the current state means either I suck it up and take a TL position to get things started, and reslot later (though this would be pretty disruptive mid-mission), or I quickly burn out once a few more people join and end up leaving much sooner than otherwise. Out of interest, what was the reason for the change?

Did i just understand this correctly. Squad setups have been changed now? Despite current majority public opinion saying "nope". Well i wont envy the squad leaders whom have to deal with their own fireteams now on top of the other two. Along with additional radio comms.

Now to the subject at hand...

Mentioned this toxicity a while back as well and i guess no measures were taken. I was majority of the time in squad leader position. So i can tell you there is nothing wrong in how structure of the commanding / squads are done,

but it's simply the members that are at fault. I think people simply do NOT understand what leaders have to deal with on regular basis, when you fool around or wont communicate. As well the "i am better then you mentality", which i saw first hand when i returned after long break from disasters and new members didn't recognize me.

So i guess it would be time for shock therapy then and have people who never command, experience the disorder.

Gauntlet 0.46G is on the server now for Altis, Chernarus, Fallujah, Zargabad and Clafghan (should we decide to put it on EU3).  This returns the squad composition to 2-5-5, and turns the Commander requirement into an optional mission parameter.

With this, I have decided to cease any further development for Gauntlet.

- R

3 hours ago, Ryko said:

Gauntlet 0.46G is on the server now for Altis, Chernarus, Fallujah, Zargabad and Clafghan (should we decide to put it on EU3).  This returns the squad composition to 2-5-5, and turns the Commander requirement into an optional mission parameter.

With this, I have decided to cease any further development for Gauntlet.

- R

Dont knowthe reasons behind ur choice there Ryko, but i think the community have been abit harse against recent changes, not giving it much of a chance. I for one, appreciate the work u lay down, knowing that it takes alot of time u could spend doing otherstuff. (drinking beer, chasing girls etc...l,m. :)  :)  )

17 minutes ago, Vlk said:

Dont knowthe reasons behind ur choice there Ryko, but i think the community have been abit harse against recent changes, not giving it much of a chance. I for one, appreciate the work u lay down, knowing that it takes alot of time u could spend doing otherstuff. (drinking beer, chasing girls etc...l,m. :)  :)  )

Because people are a bunch of ungrateful ballbags.

Please keep the posts in this thread constructive - as the title suggests, anyone failing to do so might see his post removed.

Furthermore; @H2K there's no reason to start calling fellow AhoyWorld members out - even if you don't mention any names. I can understand where the frustration is coming from, but there are other ways to out that.

not sure i see anything off topic at the moment. 

I would also like to thank ryko for continuing support for the EU3 community while others are working on other projects but alas all good things come to an end. Thank you ryko and look forward to playing with you in a fun capacity without having to complain every 2 minutes again :D 

14 hours ago, H2K said:

Because people are a bunch of ungrateful ballbags.

Maybe, just maybe it was because he crossed the line? Didn't follow the correct procedures that we built for eu3, didn't consult with any of his fellow teamor the head of the team. And Then to take the even more piss tried to credit himself for gauntlet. Maybe just maybe he over stepped the line. Just maybe. 

Maintaining, and taking control of are two very different things. 

And if he can't handle being told to stop this stuff, because he over stepped the mark. And wants to stop then that's his choice. But I for sure hope he sees how he over stepped the line. 

Rykos great eat at mission works but there is a line. That's all I've got to say. 

Begore you you go around calling us ungrateful ball bags @H2K

Maybe, just maybe it was because he crossed the line? Didn't follow the correct procedures that we built for eu3, didn't consult with any of his fellow teamor the head of the team. And Then to take the even more piss tried to credit himself for gauntlet. Maybe just maybe he over stepped the line. Just maybe. 

Maintaining, and taking control of are two very different things. 

And if he can't handle being told to stop this stuff, because he over stepped the mark. And wants to stop then that's his choice. But I for sure hope he sees how he over stepped the line. 

Rykos great eat at mission works but there is a line. That's all I've got to say. 

Begore you you go around calling us ungrateful ball bags @H2K

I think you will find that you speak for the minority josh.

20 minutes ago, Ghostdragon said:

I think you will find that you speak for the minority josh.

By Minority I assume you mean the moderator and admin team. Of which the above applies to. Which from what I understand has also been dealt with internally and you shall never see the details of.

But the major issues here and WHY everything has happened happened. Is because.

1. Ryko credited himself in gauntlet. Removing Chris and bacon. You might not know this but this happened. And is a MASSIVE no no no at ahoyworld.

2. Ryko changed the fundamentals of EU#3 without consulting the moderator team. Once again a big no no at Ahoyworld.

3. Created a poll for the slot changes and then TOTALLY ignored the results. Erm wut?

Get your facts inline.

By Minority I assume you mean the moderator and admin team. Of which the above applies to. Which from what I understand has also been dealt with internally and you shall never see the details of.

As I recall neither should you because you ran off when acre was added...

7 minutes ago, Ghostdragon said:

As I recall neither should you because you ran off when acre was added...

Clearly you have no fucking idea what happened. Considering I've been a supporter of ACRE since ArmA2. 

You also have no clue of all the internal stuff that happened between myself and some other staff.

You also have no clue of the real life issues I went through losing two friends, in a space of a week. Sadly real life takes over my gaming life.

So please get your facts straight before you even attempt to call me out.

I've been around this community a lot longer than you. I've also done a LOT more than you and considering i'm one of the founding members of EU#3 I think you should try understand what is going on here more.

look regardless of why you left you still left meaning you should not be involved. 

The other thing is the rest of the community was willing to try this new method but you come on once or twice and cry about it (not just you others as well)

the point still stands that if the minority is the admins then unfortunately it will be a very quiet server in the future.

You're still missing the point of why what happened. Happened. Scroll up. Re-read two posts above. 

Everyone from what I can see hated the fact he try to limit mission spawning.

And when you say "Left" I never left. I left the Moderator team. I've never left the community. I'm still very much involved. :Angry-min:

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

But the major issues here and WHY everything has happened happened. Is because.

1. Ryko credited himself in gauntlet. Removing Chris and bacon. You might not know this but this happened. And is a MASSIVE no no no at ahoyworld.

2. Ryko changed the fundamentals of EU#3 without consulting the moderator team. Once again a big no no at Ahoyworld.

3. Created a poll for the slot changes and then TOTALLY ignored the results. Erm wut?

Get your facts inline.