Gauntlet Version History

I thought the FOB yesterday was great. It just cut down time. It was also more fun, managing supplies. I had to watch out not to fire away a million bullets each mission because I knew I wasn't returning to base. We drove about a minute to FOB, rearmed and patched up for 5min and then were off again. That was just great!

Only issue I had and it might have been only me was the lag. I had real bad FPS at times. Might have just been the amount of players on one spot engaging targets all at once though.

As @Lost Bullet I "blame" the FOB-idea for how things were. For example of course we were quick at the truck location in the second mission but well when you don´t have vehicles with you then you will in the end need more time to get vehicles to where you want them than it would take to just RTB before and directly drive with the vehicles you need to the task. Also it is nice if we get ammo-boxes at the FOB but if they don´t have 7.62 in them then every marksman has a big problem. Another small thing is that there were just the vanilla Ammo in the crates wich isn´t that great since the MK262 rounds for example are way better.

Also I totally agree with @Amentes: If people don´t want to RTB than just go out of base with land-vehicles and pack them full with all the ammo, etc you need. reinserts and Ammo can then be flown in or reinserts can drive in with another packed vehicle if one gets destroyed => momentum is kept up, no need to RTB but also not even a need to not directly get to the next mission (So even better then to "RTFOB").

So overall I think this FOB-thing doesn´t fits well into Gauntlet since Gauntlet is just not one big mission but instead a few short ones without connections to each other wich means that you don´t need this constant resupply available like we do at the MSO where it´s kind of a "must have". Also as stated above the momentum can be kept up otherways...and even better.

11 hours ago, Ryko said:

I thought it was interesting that ambient targetted the FOB as it did: that definitely kept players on their toes.

When nobody else seemed to want to, I took over after you had to leave.

I believe the contact we had at FOB was 4-8 man infantry groups and Teddy coming at us with battering-ram trucks and various types of .50 Offroads.

Mostly it just made it more difficult to get things organized effectively, and on several occasions leaving FOB took 5+ minutes longer than it should because of random RPG-7s taking potshots at the incoming helicopters.

In fairness though, as the FOB was inside town, sight lines weren't great and so keeping a proper perimiter would be impossible.

3 hours ago, Amentes said:

I'm all for doing it in a Zeus environment. Spawn us without a proper base and let us set one up ourselves.

I'm not sure how doing it in Zeus is different from doing it with the Logi system, except only admins may perform the actions.

Bug report:

Map: Altis

Version: Gauntlet 53_109 (i think)

Mission: -

Bug: Vehicles are not respawning

Faction: US Army woodland

Description: The cas LB, 1 of the blackhawks and the chinook didn't respawn. The other heli's didn't get destroyed.  Maybe some land vehicles, i didn't check them.

Bug report 2:

Bug: Base cleanup

Description: The base cleanup option on the whiteboard isn't working

Edited by Stanhope
added bug report 2

19 hours ago, Ryko said:

I'm not sure how doing it in Zeus is different from doing it with the Logi system, except only admins may perform the actions.

I'd guess you misunderstood that and he meant it like: in a GN (for example) where Zeus is controlling stuff Logi sets up a base. So basically same as now but in a different environment and with the actual need of an FOB since we don't have a Base. And not like now where there is just no need for it.

21 hours ago, Stanhope said:

Bug report 2:

Bug: Base cleanup

Description: The base cleanup option on the whiteboard isn't working

Almost certain this doesn't work on any map. I think it was Takistan I also saw it not working

1 hour ago, Chrisnuss said:

The UAVs dont work.
noticed it on Altis and on Takistan now aswell.

Its not possible to select it on the terminal or to connect it manually when standing next to it.

Its just like a prop at the moment.

You have to use the scroll menu on the drone to 'hack' it, then you have full control.

Version: Gauntlet 53_110

Mission: Altis

Bug: Logi FOB crates

Description: Only the 20RP crate can be spawned, currently.  150 and 300RP crates will not spawn, I've looked all over the map for them in Zeus to no avail.

• 2 weeks later...

Happening since before the start of 53, You can get laser designator batteries from arsenal, but if you save a loadout with them and then load that, you get

"1x laserdesignatorbatteries in vest not available".

Oh also another long standing bug, G-Force a big problem... a10 pilots do not wear geforce suits as they are not needed yet in arma you can black out in one.

Version: Gauntlet 53_112 (i think, the version of lythium that was on the server last night)

Mission: lythium

Bug: base cleanup script isn't working

Description: When you use the option to clean up base, it doesn't do anything.

The reason we don't whitelist mortars yet is that as of now it is bugged. Launching smoke grenades shows smoke for the one pulling the trigger, but comes up as HE dropping in the field for everyone else. That and the white smoke is phosphorous and will kill you, yet people can't see it. 

2 hours ago, Karate Pyjamas said:

The reason we don't whitelist mortars yet is that as of now it is bugged. Launching smoke grenades shows smoke for the one pulling the trigger, but comes up as HE dropping in the field for everyone else. That and the white smoke is phosphorous and will kill you, yet people can't see it. 

Would be fun to watch though

Please restrict this thread to reported bugs or suggestions.

Following up:

Only the 20RP crate can be spawned, currently.  150 and 300RP crates will not spawn, I've looked all over the map for them in Zeus to no avail.

Fixed

"1x laserdesignatorbatteries in vest not available"

Fixed

G-Force a big problem... a10 pilots do not wear geforce suits as they are not needed yet in arma you can black out in one.

This is a longstanding misconception from ACE. The g-force suits do not do anything about blacking out. You need to be in a pilot class in order to have built-in g-force protection. That said, I'm not sure if ACE is properly tracking it for our needs, so I have added a secondary check to add the code that restricts g-force to pilot players.

base cleanup script isn't working

It seems to be intermittent, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, I've gone over the code and everything -should- work - I have a feeling this a locality issue, in that when a player disconnects his dropped gear isn't sync'd to the server.

mk6 mortar

For all the reasons mentioned, plus the fact that the mortar is ridiculously powerful and easy to use, suggests to me that it's no appropriate for Gauntlet.

Other fixes in 53_113:

1) UAV vehicles available in plane spawn

2) UAV vehicles now respawn with crew, allowing them to be operable

3) fixes to Malden

4) mission fixes for counter attack, capture fighter, clear camp & destroy ammo dump

5) updates to default loadouts

6) added secondary check for g-force protection on pilot roles (a pilot uniform does NOT protect you from g-force effects)

7) updated CHDSK guerilla opfor faction

Version: Gauntlet 53_113

Mission: Malden

Bug: Server crash on triggering Defend Town(no initial assault)

Description: Messing around on the server alone, getting familiar with the new content, decided to activate the first AO that spawned on a fresh map.  Town defense(no initial assault), placed my character inside the radius.  Received proper warnings about incoming attack, enemy mobilized, etc.  Watched on Zeus as 1 ambient squad spawned, and then the server hung for about 5 mins with ambient/civvies running in place before I lost connection.  Tested twice, second time manually queueing the mission.  No ambient spawn, server did seem to hang for a bit, but mission did eventually spawn OPFOR.  I was not able to complete the mission, however, even after killing the assault forces and waiting 10+ minutes.