Gauntlet Version History

16 minutes ago, Lost Bullet said:

From what I can see in the mission script, even the bodies have to be returned to the medical facility

This should mabe also be said into the description since even a Moderator and an Admin weren´t aware of this:lol::huh:

22 minutes ago, Lost Bullet said:

and someone needs to write a letter apologizing to the dead men's family

Already done;):lol:

19 minutes ago, Lost Bullet said:

Don't kill the hostages

We tried but the evac-helicopter blew up without enemy contact as he tried to land at the AO:lol: Till there we had no KIA and the hostages were happy;)

And thanks for the quick answer @Lost Bullet!:)

• 2 weeks later...

52S has been rolled out by Ryko to the following maps 

Altis, Zargabad, Takistan, Sahrani, Lingor, Isla Duala, Fallujah, Chernarus, Summer Chernarus, Abramia.

1) Lifted the draconian restrictions on berets, uniforms and vests in the arsenal - play dressup to your heart's content
2) Only squad leaders and above will have access to radio backpacks in the arsenal, if you need to talk on long range as a lower rank use a vehicle radio or pick up a dead buddy's LR
3) Default cTab is now an android
4) Fixed bugs in a few missions
5) Removed vehicle camo covers in a few maps so they don't blow up spawned vehicles
6) zeus assignment code is revised, now segregates between admin & spartan, looks snazzier and should decrease load lag as the server does all the work now

7) enemy vehicles are now locked to players. If it's mission critical, ask zeus nicely to unlock them

5 minutes ago, GhostDragon said:

7) enemy vehicles are now locked to players. If it's mission critical, ask zeus nicely to unlock them

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

I highly disagree with this. It often is mission critical necessary and useful to use mobility killed enemy vehicles. I have not seen a team kill caused by this type of action for months. There is also almost never an admin always on and they do not want to take the time to randomly unlock a vehicle just for you. The use of these vehicles is almost always spontaneous and life saving so these changes make little sense except to fix a problem which isn't there. 

6 hours ago, BenjaminHL said:

I highly disagree with this.

We go for a certain level of realism on the server, and jumping into enemy vehicles is more often done for fun rather than for need. Enemy AI will eject from tracked vehicles, where they realistically shouldn't, making it all to easy to remove the threat.

18 minutes ago, Amentes said:

I'd be all for making the AI stay in the vehicle for as long as its weapons are working.

As for commandeering enemy vehicles, I'd be all for keeping UAZ- and GAZ-style vehicles open, but I'm all for the locking of BTRs and above.

Sounds like the best way, sometimes it's really useful commandeering civ or opfor cars. 

9 hours ago, Ryko said:

Enemy AI will eject from tracked vehicles, where they realistically shouldn't

3 hours ago, Amentes said:

I'd be all for making the AI stay in the vehicle for as long as its weapons are working.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowCrewInImmobile

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for but it might fix the problem.

Bug, observed in 52U: when changing the value of the "Time of Day" parameter in the lobby (role assignment screen), the change will not be effective anymore. The mission will always start up at 16:00 local time, no matter which values have been set for the "Time of Day" parameter. This difference can be observed at least in versions S, T and U.

We had a mission last night that spawned a comms tower to the south of Fallujah - due West from the base by about 3km.

Mission itself was fine - however the enemies hado mortar support. Upon our death and subsequent respawn, we quickly discovered that the enemy mortar position could fire into base. Reinforced primarily by the HE rounds he was dropping on our heads. 

Wish I'd taken screenshots at the time to give more advice on the matter, but the constant reign of terror of that mortar eventually lead to the mission being completed by total annihilation by F18 (thanks to the chain of command at the time asking for it!)

To top this off, the merlin at Base on Fallujah appears to have spawned with no fuel inside of it. Not much of an issue given that it's right across from the refuelling station but it could be a problem if vortex needs to be scrambled quickly

Edited by BloodInTheSand

• 4 weeks later...

This is a big update and changes a lot of the workings of the mission, here is the changelog: 

1) Added 2 dedicated zeus slots
2) BAF vehicles have ammo packs
3) UAV operator has terminal in uniform
4) Autorifleman Assistant no longer starts with machinegun
5) Ambient AI despawns correctly
6) Ambient AI will get destroyed if it enters blufor base zone
7) disconnected players produce a dead body with their stuff instead of a weird loot pile - this doesn't happen in base or in a vehicle
8) MAT short range channels fixed (slight reorg to channels)

It is likely to be that there will be multiple updates to the mission over the coming days as we identify bugs and address them. 

I would like to request that any bugs that have been identified within this version are posted into this thread to keep it clear and enable us to fix them quickly. 

Bug report:

Map: Lingor

Version: 52XD

Mission: -

Bug: Helis don't respawn

Description: After 4 AOs we noticed that helis crashed in the first two AO didn't respawn yet.  We didn't lose any cars so can't say if it's bugged for cars or not.

Bug report:

Map: Takistan, potentially all.

Version: 52XC

Mission: 

Bug: Russian Armed Forces faction.

Description: Just about everything to do with the faction. Arsenal is not whitelisted properly (Can use the Vintorez as an autorifleman for example). Only one person can enter a vehicle at a time - vehicles cannot take passengers, gunners etc.. Once a vehicle has been entered, the vehicle becomes unstable and is a bit temperamental for other people getting back into it other than the original driver.

Russian faction in Takistan seems to be broken - only 1 player can be inside a vehicle at a time.

My guess is that the player faction is set as Blufor, but the "base model" (the one you spawn as) is still Opfor - therefore the game detects each player as hostile to each other and the game doesn't allow enemies to share a vehicle. I haven't looked at how it's actually done in gauntlet, so it may be a wrong guess.

That's odd. The vehicles are just empty vehicles, they shouldn't detect for anything. I'll have a look.

Certainly previous versions of the game haven't had this issue.