Commanding workshop: Squad Leader & Team Leader

Thursday night good for you?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Can you attend?

• Yes
    • No

army-commander-390x285.jpg

Where: EU3

When: Thursday, December 3, 7PM GMT (2PM EST)

What: We've been talking about command training in this thread, and after liaising with TheToxicPixels, Lone, and many others, we've decided on a way that we can run a workshop.

We'll run a Gauntlet mission as normal; anyone is free to attend.  Myself and any other experienced Squad / Team Leaders will fill out those roles; anyone who is interested in learning how & why we do what we do is free to listen in on the alternate radio channel (100).  We'll run a simple (hopefully) op, and then debrief after it's done.  For the next op, we'll re-slot and take volunteers on the SL & TL slots, then myself and the other experienced folks will participate in the rifleman slots (or whatever) and observe and assist.  This will be a very learn-by-doing workshop, with people around you who want to help you succeed, rather than a talk it out workshop.  Rinse & repeat for as many times as people are interested and available.

I'll be recording during both rounds, and we'll post it for posterity.

Add a reply if you're interested in participating, either as a mentor or training participant, and if you're available that night; if it's not a good night for people, we can reschedule.

-R

Well I can help train if you need some trainers.

I don't do it AS MUCH as I used to be ask any veteran EU3'er and they will back me up on the fact that I used to Squad Lead Alpha a crazy amount back on Patrol Ops and earlier on in Gauntlet.

I'm fully capable to helping train whoever wants to be better in Squad or Team leading and it would a pleasure.

If possible I can do a little class at the beginning and run people through the basics of leading with appropriate tactics, these include but no limited to:

- Bounding movements

- Security formations

- What to do in a gunfight (I understand that you know how to fire a gun but I see countless times Alpha get slaughtered by enemy squads, I can help teach how to better the scenario in your favor, even with less men)

- Phase lines

- Communication work

- Organizing squads and buddy teams

The list could go on too if I could expand on some things, but that's more optional than necessary.

Either way, sounds good and fun.

P.S: If we wanna do the same for other leading roles like Platoon Command, Vehicle Command etc, I can help out on those fronts too!

mfw-when-alpha.jpg

If the demand is there I am sure that it could be possible to run more sessions ( maybe even on other days too) to make it more accessible to people.

Ultimately this would be up to ryko and the others but if anyone ever wants to get to know a role I would be more than happy to help you out just message me on here or TS.

Perhaps you should run some CAS flying exercises as well on the side.

i agree on your point JuX 

But for cas i would not go over the flying because every one flies for them self on there own way 

But if people are interested or wanna know more on how to handle CAS duties they are always free to ask us the question's ( esp ask it to Raz :) :) ) 

i agree on your point JuX 

But for cas i would not go over the flying because every one flies for them self on there own way 

But if people are interested or wanna know more on how to handle CAS duties they are always free to ask us the question's ( esp ask it to Raz :) :) ) 

They may fly their own way, but i know there are some, whom lack the experience to use HUD targeting to use the GAU against armored targets or helos.

As well proper lining up to engage the target, which is probably why GAU doesn't workout for them or disengaging from anti-air fire.

(Honestly i do not remember anyone els using the GAU on the jet against armored targets in a long time).

I share the same opinion. From my small experience as all three roles, I prefer SL and PlatCo over FTL. I'll try to play as all of those roles more often and make a better judgement later on. I might make this weekend "leader-only" for myself whenever possible (except during Gamenight obviously).