[GAMENIGHT 6/2/16] CRESCENT WIND

Icy

Saturday Night Gamenight
Operation: CRESCENT WIND.

Time of preparation @ TS:19:30 GMT.
Time of operation start: 20:00 GMT.
Time of operation end: Around 22:30/23:00 PM GMT.
Type of gameplay: CO-OP
Mods: EU#3 Repository Mods

THIS IS A NO-BS-MILLSIM MISSION.
WE DO NOT EXPECT YOU TO KNOW ALL THE MILL-SIM STUFF.
HOWEVER IF YOU DO NOT OBEY THE CHAIN OF COMMAND AND/OR HARM THE FLOW OF THE MISSION
YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GAMENIGHT.

Sahrani campaign storyline:

Sahrani has been in chaos by the recent Civil War. The goverment has been overthrown and videos have shown up of executions of high-ranked Politcal members of the NATO friendly sided goverment As the island group is a part of the NATO Force they will now be supported by them with any means necesarry. Hoewever, before the main force arrives a small QRF of American soldiers whom where posted nearby have been ordered to migrate to the North-East airfield on the island of Antigua.

GAMENIGHT 9/1/16 RECAP

After one of the most bloody engagements of the Sahrani conflict in BAGANGO, where US Marines defended the town against most of the rebel forces, NATO has now turned into attacking mode with more of NATO`s designated forces arriving. Because of earlier captured positions such as the northern hills and the castle NATO now has full control of the Upper northen part of Sahrani, however insurgent activity is expected.

GAMENIGHT 16/1/16 RECAP
NATO forces engaged enemy strongholds near the town of EVERON and succeeded in clearing the forest south of the airfield. However, casualty numbers are shocking and Command needs to decide on how to lower these in future operations.
The barracks and the town were cleared out completely and civilians have started to move back into NATO-Occupied territory.

OPORD

SITUATION
The Joint Intelligence Committee assess that the threat of hostile military action in vicinity CORAZOL is now SEVERE, meaning an attack could occur at any time in the next two weeks and may do so without further warning signs. Intel suggests IED productions and ambushes being set up within and around the town.

All NATO forces in the SAHRANI vicinity have been ordered to NATO ALERT STATE ORANGE

MISSION

US NATO forces will conduct a patrol from AIRBASE PITA through CORAZOL to clear rebel activity and prevent the ''act-of-surprise'' on initial supply routes and other convoys to Southern Sahrani.
Aerial activity is to a minimum due to hidden AA sites and earlier lock-on situatuons when recon was conducted.
Due to the city`s narrow streets vehicle support is also limited.

SUPPORT & SERVICES
a) CASEVAC will be via Medical vehicles in vicinity of CORAZOL by MEDIVAC TEAM and/or MEDIVAC CHOPPER.
b ) Munitions, support weapons and OTHER will be supplied by CROSSROADS and Vortex north of CORAZOL.
 Ground & Aerial support are limited to MMG & MAT.

MAP DATA
PFiePin.png

Click here to sign up!

Only sign up for leadership positions or Support roles, rest can join after signed up roles are given out.
Dont sign up if you are not sure you can come)

Game night Info:
Load outs: Pre- set.
Join in Progress: NOT Allowed after briefing ends, Will have password viewable in TS if allowed,
Units will be deployed to the AO in waves, subject to commands</span> approval. Also counts for LZs.
Re-spawning: Allowed
First/Third Person:Third + First (changed)
Experiences may vary greatly from player to player in comparison to the usual EU#3 nights.
Normal game night rules apply, if you can not cope with waiting to get back into the area of operations or planning please do not join.
Thread can be updated in the coming week with more info.

Signed up, if I'm getting put as a TL please saddle me with people who have their head screwed on at least part way. Last time I lead was pretty fun, although that nudist MMG gunner is still a sore point.

If that was when I think it was, it's the bane of attracting new people to the server. I remember a couple of my fireteam rushing ahead, and when asked (ordered) to stay in formation, the reply was, "but I need muh kills."

It's funny until it's not.

1. Waiting time was not enjoyable: I understand it's a zeus made mission but couldn't more stuff have been placed down and organized before hand?
  2. Desync: I remember Icy saying something about having it fixed after the first restart, which is good for future gamenight, but I had several AI bullshitery moments where desync dropped, I shot an enemy 10ish times then I was one shotted once the server caught up
  3. Dis-organization: not a host or Zeus issue, but there was an incident where alpha had cleared a town and outlying farm, was about to depart then was asked to investigate a parachute that had come down in the town, which was then told to be a crate, queue a 5 minute search that turned up nothing then command told us to disregard the search. After that it was small leadership irks, indecisiveness mostly.
  4. Med system: no clue what kind of state it's supposed to be in, getting knocked out by everything is annoying though, and only once did I wake back up to bandage my wounds.
  5. Loadouts: Wrong ammo given for some guns, TL's spawned in with 40mm grenade launcher ammo and no launcher on the rifle. Yet again no pistol ammo meaning they're just dead weight.

As I said on TS:

Just want to say I was extremely happy with everything MEDIVAC related. The medical tents, the vehicles, the FOB.

Regarding Leo's suggestion for a combat MEDIVAC, I disagree. I enjoyed being unarmed, without worrying about shooting or getting shot.

1. Waiting time was not enjoyable: I understand it's a zeus made mission but couldn't more stuff have been placed down and organized before hand?
  2. Desync: I remember Icy saying something about having it fixed after the first restart, which is good for future gamenight, but I had several AI bullshitery moments where desync dropped, I shot an enemy 10ish times then I was one shotted once the server caught up
  3. Dis-organization: not a host or Zeus issue, but there was an incident where alpha had cleared a town and outlying farm, was about to depart then was asked to investigate a parachute that had come down in the town, which was then told to be a crate, queue a 5 minute search that turned up nothing then command told us to disregard the search. After that it was small leadership irks, indecisiveness mostly.
  4. Med system: no clue what kind of state it's supposed to be in, getting knocked out by everything is annoying though, and only once did I wake back up to bandage my wounds.
  5. Loadouts: Wrong ammo given for some guns, TL's spawned in with 40mm grenade launcher ammo and no launcher on the rifle. Yet again no pistol ammo meaning they're just dead weight.

Thanks for your feedback. My answers:

1. The waiting was not because of the Zeus. Waiting is on command needing to get everyone set which takes a long time as you should know by now ;). I did create assets before hand, there was never waiting on the mission itself.

2. Desync was indeed not fixed, debugging in the coming days to fix it, something to do with a script executing on the server (loop). Very sorry about that.

3. I could create initial plan for platoon commander so it safes time. Idea?

4. You were very squishy as blufor, eu3 team is constantly trying to optimize it.

5. Noticed and already working on it !

Again, thanks for the feedback!