I&A 4 Beta Test Feedback

Ryko

I&A4 version 058

------

1. Overhauled how artillery rewards work. Instead of trying to make the Liberty fire shells, shells are now created dynamically. Results in greater accuracy for calculating ETA and other benefits. Shells are also laser guided, so if you have a laser designator, you can precisely designate a target within 500m of the targeted point.
2. Tweaks to UAV respawning to prevent crashing.
3. Removed full service button from vehicle repair.
4. Fixed holdAction on ammo depot / repair depot subObjectives, should now properly set a charge.
5. Fixes to gear removal code to prevent abuse.
6. Fixes to how Gambler / Hitman vehicles are claimed (resolves issue where player was prohibited from entering an armored vehicle when other group members were in a non-armor vehicle)
7. Minor fixes for vehicle and backpack locking.
8. Fix: added exception handler to catch case where player is incapacitated while reviving or healing another, should prevent player from being put into medical animation while player is unconscious.
9. Overhauled destroy command + control center subObjective with a less confusing win condition.
9A. Added task images for some sub-objectives for greater clarity.
10. Further tweaks to enemy infantry vs armor balancing (slightly more infantry, slightly less armor). Secondary missions now include some level of randomness, but not linked to player count and generally a lower number of units overall.
11. Tweak: added code to remove zombies at base
12. Tweak to destroy prototype tank mission (instead of just super thick armor, it now has an active defence system)
13. Fixed turret locking on Ghosthawk.
14. Lights in base no longer destructible.
15. Added hint/hintC/kick functionality for admin players to the Players section of the Squad interface.
16. UAV strike is offline for the time being to have a think about how it can be better implemented.
17. Fixes to vehicle rearming.
18. Fixes to custom groups.

RPT errors from todays session:

Spoiler

19:17:14 Error in expression <
localVirtualGroups = [];
{	if ( count (_x select 4) > 0 ) then
{	localVirtualGr>
19:17:14   Error position: <_x select 4) > 0 ) then
{	localVirtualGr>
19:17:14   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
19:17:14 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\DG\squad_dialog.sqf, line 38
(67 times)

19:17:16 Unaccessible
19:17:37 Error in expression <lse
{	((findDisplay 12) displayCtrl 51) ctrlRemoveEventHandler ["Draw",
bft]; };>
19:17:37   Error position: <ctrlRemoveEventHandler ["Draw",
bft]; };>
19:17:37   Error Type Any, expected Number
(1 time)

19:36:52 Client: Object 45:95 (type Type_121) not found.
19:37:38 Error in expression < = ""; };
_virtualGroup = virtualGroups select _group;

_virtualGroupMembers = _>
19:37:38   Error position: <select _group;

_virtualGroupMembers = _>
19:37:38   Error Zero divisor
19:37:38 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\DG\DG_client.sqf, line 109
(277 times)

1 minute ago, kman said:

note: MAAWS needs a NV Scope, its almost useless at night like this

(unless MAAWS NV scope is only external addon, in which case we are f*)

thats cuz we have access only to Mod 0 (which is used by AAF).

MAAWS Mod 1 with NV and rangefinder is for NATO.

1 hour ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

I haven’t been on the server for some time. Can anyone direct me as to how to find and log on to the new server?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hop in TS, grab the IP and port out of the channel description of the server you want to join and direct connect.

Alternatively simply search for ahoyworld and you'll find the servers after a bit of waiting.

On the topic of the MAAWS, I'm confused, as I think I'm giving the Mod 1 version to NATO and the Mod 0 version to AAF.

NATO class name: "launch_MRAWS_green_rail_F"

AAF class name: "launch_MRAWS_green_F"

Am I missing something obvious?

Hop in TS, grab the IP and port out of the channel description of the server you want to join and direct connect.
Alternatively simply search for ahoyworld and you'll find the servers after a bit of waiting.

I did the search and only EU 1 came up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today was one of the rare occasions that I managed to get into the reaper slot.  Had some good fun with it for 2-3 hours but something interesting happened: 2 players tried to blow up the wipeout, one of the succeeded.  This presumably because they were disgruntled that they didn't get to fly the wipeout.

The first one simply ran a prowler into it and when that didn't work threw a frag at it (which also didn't work).  That was when I just got into the slot.  The second one was a pilot that deliberately crashed the hummingbird into it. 

So would it be possible for the wipeout, and maybe any other high-value vehicle in base, to have its damage disabled while it is in base?  Maybe add a check so that it only does that when it's going slower than say 50km/h so you can't slam the thing into the runway on landings and live. 

6 hours ago, Stanhope said:

Today was one of the rare occasions that I managed to get into the reaper slot.  Had some good fun with it for 2-3 hours but something interesting happened: 2 players tried to blow up the wipeout, one of the succeeded.  This presumably because they were disgruntled that they didn't get to fly the wipeout.

The first one simply ran a prowler into it and when that didn't work threw a frag at it (which also didn't work).  That was when I just got into the slot.  The second one was a pilot that deliberately crashed the hummingbird into it. 

So would it be possible for the wipeout, and maybe any other high-value vehicle in base, to have its damage disabled while it is in base?  Maybe add a check so that it only does that when it's going slower than say 50km/h so you can't slam the thing into the runway on landings and live. 

Player report maybe? Did notice your ping last night, but had already gotten to bed.

Might have some more radical suggestion to how the AO is considered completed.

Yesterday AO was in one of the big towns, and about 20+ people roaming it for good 20 minutes were not able to find that last EI batch - one was i thik side mission (HVT officer).

So the AO was not ending and people started to just leave server bored. This has of course happened before.

So I have question - how does system decide when AO is secured? I'm assuming maybe when X% enemy presence is eliminated?

Maybe there should be also another trigger on "OR" basis, where lets say "X-10"% enemy is eliminated AND players hold (are present) in the inner part of the AO for some fixed time.

Rekko used this take&hold mechanism before  - I cant remember how this mod was called, but we played it on AWE. The one with the different colored zones to be taken.

PS:

system of locking guns on GhostHawk is still busted - i see the command to lock them FOUR times in the scrollmenu, which is rly annoying.

IMO its not needed to separately lock left/right gun. There should be just 1 switch saying "lock guns" which will change to "unlock guns" and vice versa.

Or if the code supposed to change the text of the context choice is misbehaving, just have 2 static options in the menu at all times:

Lock guns

Unlock guns

Bipods and Sound suppressors should not be part of the rewards system.

Only rewards that are meaningful and give some extra.

They only clutter the reward shop, and you cant use loadouts with them attached, because when you go on sever you first have to re-buy them.

1 hour ago, kman said:

Yesterday AO was in one of the big towns, and about 20+ people roaming it for good 20 minutes were not able to find that last EI batch - one was i thik side mission (HVT officer).

So the AO was not ending and people started to just leave server bored. This has of course happened before.

That was a bug and a possible misunderstanding at the same time.

There was a "Secure Intel" and a "Kill Enemy Officer" mission in that particular AO. "Kill Enemy Officer" was tied to the success of that AO.

Secure Intel missions create a desk, intel pack (on the desk) and an Officer (and possibly some other assets). This officer was killed, and this was briefly misunderstood to be the officer from "Kill Enemy Officer".

When the actual enemy (kill enemy) officer was located (which involves clearing buildings, which is part of annexing a location tbh, unless you want enemies to start emerging behind you) for some reason the trigger did not work, so the AO got stuck. That was the bug.

Perhaps a prompt could appear on-screen to people within the AO if, say, the objective has not completed despite n% of the enemy forces in the AO being killed? "New Mission: Clear Buildings in this area" with a circle on the map that would narrow down the location of the enemy officer without just going "HE IS HERE"?

Later on there was another "Kill Enemy Officer" mission that worked without a hitch.

Further to rewards, maybe the reward menu could do with a bit of a declutter. Maybe categorising things and using a bit more screen-space for the menu would be an idea. If I'm using 6.5mm ammo I don't really want/need to be looking at upgrades for 5.56mm gear.

I would like it if, instead of "unbought" items being auto-removed from inventory when you've loaded a saved loadout, there could be a prompt to purchase those items using the correct number of points... if you have them available.