I&A 4 Beta Test Feedback

Ryko

Beta test version 057 change log

1. Conquering an AO will now conquer zones within 1.4 km (previously conquered zones contained in the zone itself), should help to prevent zones that are 'behind' the players from being selected as the next zone
2. Some of the sub-Objectives in an AO are now mandatory to completing the main objective task.
3. Added some extra exception handler so that parachute is never removed after purchasing a paradrop, "should" prevent player from dropping without a chute.
4. Tweak to presence of enemy armor in main AO, slight reduction; slight increase to presence of enemy infantry.
5. Added notification to player who tries to spot while in base (you can't)
6. Fixed vehicle claim shenanigans, now limited to Armor squads only, infantry squads can claim all the vehicles they like. Armor (when set to default mission parameter) is limited to 1 vehicle per squad
7. Tweaks/fixes to certain reward purchases (can only use vehicle paradrop in base zone on land vehicles)
8. Added to rewards list: additional launchers to Rifleman LAT / Anti-Tank roles (MAAWS for NATO/AAF, Vorona for CSAT). Added laser designators for all non-command roles. Added medium machine guns as rewards for Heavy Gunner.
9. Teleport action to carrier moved to Talon player rather than whiteboard. Must be within 50m of the player spawn area.
10. Added teleport action to Vortex/Viper/Reaper pilots, will teleport them to helicopter spawn area. Must be within 50m of the player spawn area.
11. Tweaked AAC Airfield base
12. Tweak to enemy garrison code (trying to stop one group member from being garrisoned, and the rest from standing in formation like dorks outside the building)
13. Tweaks to vehicle pylon rearming. You can now reload configured pylons without going into the pylon screen.
14. Tweaks to how enemy vehicles are spawned, and waypoints are created, to keep them out of the tight corners of cities.
15. Fix - compass returning after respawn, if preference was set to off
16. Fix - vehicle inventory could be accessed even if vehicle was locked
17. Fix - enemy reinforcements couldn't find deployment locations
18. Fix - deployment of ammo box from Vortex chopper while touched down couldn't find deployment location
19. Tweak to how squad management interface works, player may also switch to same role in another squad while outside of base.
20. Tweak to how vehicle nudging works.
21. Tweak to gear restriction & checking.
22. Tweak to get over / v key binding, should allow regular usage for vehicles.

Oh yes just to add, tonight we ran into a little problem with sub objectives, players would prime for the explosives to go off but at the end of the count down there was no explosion and the players had to lay explosives manually and detonate to complete the objective.

1)

after re-connecting to server after computer reboot, im constantly getting:

REMOVED FROM ROLE

Reason: Idle

spamm, and im not only one

2) on GhostHawk, function to lock the on-board guns does not seem to work, it will say something like:

Guns have been locked, press again to unlock

but on using action again, it will say the SAME thing  - it should swap between locking/unlocking, but it only tells its locking te guns every time

+ it does not actually seem to lock them

58 minutes ago, kman said:

While on machinegunner job, i can equip Bipod for SPMG as standard option (dont need to buy it for points)

however, once i do i get:

image.png.239c7c9b022258a3771fb3aa285498b1.png

heavy machinegun without Bipod is.. pointless

Yeah, I've been struggling a bit with that bit of code and I'll be looking at it today.  What is supposed to happen is when you take your role, it parses through your loadout equipment and adds to the list of equipment that's permitted, anything in the default loadout.  So the Bipod should have been examined and added, but that's not happening (no matter how many different ways I try to except that...).

Some of the errors from my RPT from yesterdays test:

Spoiler

20:59:54 Suspending not allowed in this context
20:59:54 Error in expression <me")];
sleep 5;
deleteVehicle _vehicle;
sleep 3;
hint "";
};

parseText format [>
20:59:54   Error position: <sleep 3;
hint "";
};

parseText format [>
20:59:54   Error Generic error in expression
20:59:54 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\scripts\vehicle\vehicleFunctions.sqf, line 701

20:59:54 Error in expression <pairPad select 0;
private _repairType = _repairPad getVariable ['repairType', 'L>
20:59:54   Error position: <_repairPad getVariable ['repairType', 'L>
20:59:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: _repairpad
20:59:54 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\scripts\vehicle\vehicleFunctions.sqf, line 693

20:59:54 Suspending not allowed in this context
20:59:54 Error in expression < >> typeOf _vehicle >> "displayName")];
sleep 5;
deleteVehicle _vehicle;
sleep 3>
20:59:54   Error position: <sleep 5;
deleteVehicle _vehicle;
sleep 3>
20:59:54   Error Generic error in expression
20:59:54 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\scripts\vehicle\vehicleFunctions.sqf, line 699

20:30:52 Error in expression <
localVirtualGroups = [];
{	if ( count (_x select 4) > 0 ) then
{	localVirtualGr>
20:30:52   Error position: <_x select 4) > 0 ) then
{	localVirtualGr>
20:30:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
20:30:52 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\DG\squad_dialog.sqf, line 38

20:08:56 Error in expression < = ""; };
_virtualGroup = virtualGroups select _group;

_virtualGroupMembers = _>
20:08:56   Error position: <select _group;

_virtualGroupMembers = _>
20:08:56   Error Zero divisor
20:08:56 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\DG\DG_client.sqf, line 160

Hi all- Sorry I didn't put this query in the thread, but here it is. Exactly the same as what kman said here:

4 hours ago, kman said:

image.png.c696af4e1c258020133c9d08ec470c4d.png

It seems that after about 15-25 minutes the constant spam goes away. But please see the video for reference if there's any confusion as to what exactly the issue is.

Regards
Mattadee

18 minutes ago, kman said:

Prototype tank mission is BS, 8 Titan AT missiles, still happily driving around, took another 2 from CAS plane before going down.

just BS, sorry.

In I&A 3 it's even more armoured.  I reduced the armour modifier from the only taking 25% of any incoming damage to taking 50% of incoming damage.  Making it twice as easy to kill as the I&A 3 version of this mission. 

Also, you've got a blackfoot, a wipeout and a black wasp all able to carry air to ground ordinance.  The wipeout can even care 6 GBUs.  Just ask them to kill the thing. 

This is the mission briefing: "We're picking up chatter about an enemy prototype being fieldtested nearby. Locate and destroy it."

And it's not intended for CAS and/or gambler, it's intended that either infantry go there and designate it for CAS or that gambler goes their with close protection from infantry as there are several enemy AT riflemen. 

My thoughts regarding Armor squad in the latest version:

I understand that it is supposed to promote cooperation, but armor squad gameplay depends too much on good composition of squad if it can operate only one armored vehicle. One "bad" squad member can ruin whole squad. Starting from sitting in armored vehicle and doing nothing (squad can´t take another) to just be not so "good player" (e.g. driving directly in the middle of AO to be immediately blasted by AT or plain wasting of ammo (why are people not using Editor if they just want to shoot like crazy on everything around from vehicle?)). Playing with complete vehicle crew is great, but I don’t think it can be forced (at least not on public server).

Would it be possible to limit armor squad to only one MBT or IFV (to prevent AO being overrun by friendly armor) but at least allow it to have additional Panther (which is anyway slow, weakly armored and poorly armed vehicle)?

I would suggest to allow maybe even two IFV as transport, but since people are almost never using it for transport (for some reason they prefer ride 1km to next fresh AO with chopper to be shot down by spawned AA), it is no need for that. (I know that Slammer can also transport soldiers, but thats even more rare event than with IFV).

TL;DR: Please don´t limit armor squad to only one armored vehicle.

More armor on friendly side, more armor or enemy side, and before you know it, we have World of Tanks/Planes with some infantry targets for good measure.

I know this is so hard to balance right, but please no more armor.

1 hour ago, Stanhope said:

This is the mission briefing: "We're picking up chatter about an enemy prototype being fieldtested nearby. Locate and destroy it."

And it's not intended for CAS and/or gambler, it's intended that either infantry go there and designate it for CAS or that gambler goes their with close protection from infantry as there are several enemy AT riflemen.

We did:

Come as 5-member team, 2 AT peope in the mix.

Spend some on accompanyingf vehicles - couple Marids and Efreet.

Had hard fight with 20+infantry, died when dust settled we got to MBT only finding we can as well throw stones at it.

Respawn-parachute in with 4 Titan AT, put them in MBT - NADA

Respawn-paratchute-put them in MBT - NADA.

CAS came, finished it with 2 more hits.

Not exactly experience I would wish to random server visitor or even team of friends coming to do a op together.

It's cool, I be sure to avoid this mission from now on.

I'm taking a look at that mission. We may try to change it so that instead of the tank just shrugging off a certain % of damage taken, it actually employs an active defence system which lets it shoot down incoming missiles / GBUs. So the mechanic to defeat it will be to shoot multiple missiles at it at the same time, as it will only be able to defend against singular incoming threats.

5 hours ago, Ace1stCav said:

My thoughts regarding Armor squad in the latest version:

I understand that it is supposed to promote cooperation, but armor squad gameplay depends too much on good composition of squad if it can operate only one armored vehicle. One "bad" squad member can ruin whole squad. Starting from sitting in armored vehicle and doing nothing (squad can´t take another) to just be not so "good player" (e.g. driving directly in the middle of AO to be immediately blasted by AT or plain wasting of ammo (why are people not using Editor if they just want to shoot like crazy on everything around from vehicle?)). Playing with complete vehicle crew is great, but I don’t think it can be forced (at least not on public server).

Would it be possible to limit armor squad to only one MBT or IFV (to prevent AO being overrun by friendly armor) but at least allow it to have additional Panther (which is anyway slow, weakly armored and poorly armed vehicle)?

I would suggest to allow maybe even two IFV as transport, but since people are almost never using it for transport (for some reason they prefer ride 1km to next fresh AO with chopper to be shot down by spawned AA), it is no need for that. (I know that Slammer can also transport soldiers, but thats even more rare event than with IFV).

TL;DR: Please don´t limit armor squad to only one armored vehicle.

The problem is that over time Gambler and Hitman can accumulate multiple armored vehicles and one-man each of them, which ends up (as kman indicates) dominating the AOs and making it no fun to be an infantry player.  I understand your frustration, but the end result is that I need a mechanic which restricts the amount of friendly armor on the field, and this is how it's shaken out.

Reporting probably bug:

there are sometimes enemy vehicles that get kind of stuck - they are not crewed, but cannot be destroyed either - they just sit here as new part of landscape.

I seen about 2x - Varsuk and one of that new IFV with twin-turret.

No clue what triggers this state.

Somehow today there were a ton of these "ghosts" at spawn... https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1693082940

Also a lot of the abovementioned "Removed from role" messages.

As well as one guy proudly announcing he somehow obtained a set of thermal sight goggles from the enemy.

And one bug I had for the second time today: when treating yourself and being incapacitated during it, teammates can still revive you, but then you are stuck lying down unable to move and have to respawn.

Bit of a big issue today, UAV keeps exploding behind base on the taxi road, I've witnessed it 3 times now just explode while on the same part of the taxi road.

Update, UAV seems to be re-spawning miles up in the air and it's dropping to the floor and exploding.

Update 2, Both UAV's seem to be spawning way up and then tumbling straight down to the ground and exploding.

I was trying to repair a few vehicles at base today and after I'd done that this:

22:13:23 Error in expression <layers = allPlayers select {_x distance _repairPad < 20};
_service = 0;

if ( _v>
22:13:23   Error position: <_repairPad < 20};
_service = 0;

if ( _v>
22:13:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: _repairpad
22:13:23 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\scripts\vehicle\vehicleFunctions.sqf, line 610

was about 10 gazillion times in my RPT (actual count is just a bit less than 3 648 962 times).  Unsurprisingly my RPT was ~140 000KB and my performance in-game "less than ideal". 

Other small things:

• Trying to repair a vehicle while the engine was running did not give a hint telling you to turn the engine off.
  • Timers of vehicles were going into the negative (2 examples)
  • The light poles in base are destructible and they are allows being destroyed