Ok i get some things..

hezy.h

Question

Ok Ahoy WTF is going on with all this banning of equipment its total bull poop! I fly drones, Guided bombs dont guided WTF?? i play as Field gunner bipods vanish, cant erect weapons WTF?! i try to find thermal scopes, not included WTF i can buy one from the shop but i cant use them in the near future Arma 3 game on Ahoy servers wtf!! try to find Enhanced night vision  goggles that my  local photography shop is selling, cant find them on Ahoy near future Arma 3 servers WTF?! 

Yes some people dont like the fact that Arma 3 is near future go back to playing Arma 2 and stop asking for things to be banned from EU 1 as Ahoy say EU 1 is for stock game.. well make it stock and stop removing shit! in the stock arma i can change the load out of planes and helos to  best suit whats needed at the time why cant i do that on EU1? 

Please Ahoy let Eu1 be the stock game and stop banning things, UAV pilot unable to lsae targets for AT troops WTF!

Im a long time player on your servers but im starting to play other invade and annex servers that dont have all these lame excuses for removing content! 

Pls sort it out!! 

24 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, hezy.h said:

Guided bombs dont guided WTF??

Laser guided bombs such as the GBU-12 no longer require a lock prior to drop. With Tanks DLC we now have LOAL (Lock-On After Launch) functionality, and the bomb will guide itself to any valid laser in its vicinity. The pilot simply has to drop the bomb into an area around the intended target. This also allows for the bomb to be dropped before the laser is on.

i play as Field gunner bipods vanish, cant erect weapons WTF?!

While I don't have the specifics in front of me, I believe some roles had bipods removed in an effort to combat the extreme prevalence of hill camping.

It's still very much possible to weapon rest, that feature doesn't require a bipod.

i try to find thermal scopes, not included WTF i can buy one from the shop but i cant use them in the near future Arma 3 game on Ahoy servers wtf!

The Nightstalker optic was removed years ago, in large part because it was a primary factor in accidental teamkilling.

Until recently, I&A was locked to a specific date, but it now takes its date setting from real life. This means it's currently playing in the cold season, which leads to thermal optics being less effective. This will change back to "normal" as we approach summer.

No, you can't buy a thermal camera that is as good as what you see in ArmA 3.

18 minutes ago, hezy.h said:

try to find Enhanced night vision  goggles that my  local photography shop is selling, cant find them on Ahoy near future Arma 3 servers WTF?! 

The Apex DLC ENVGs have never been enabled on Ahoyworld servers. See above comment on thermal optics leading to TKs.

No, you can't buy thermal goggles that are as good as what you see in ArmA 3.

33 minutes ago, hezy.h said:

in the stock arma i can change the load out of planes and helos to  best suit whats needed at the time why cant i do that on EU1?

No, without mods or heavy scripting it is not possible to change the loadout of an existing asset on a live server.

19 minutes ago, hezy.h said:

UAV pilot unable to lsae targets for AT troops WTF!

AFAIK, with Tanks update, Titan Compact is no longer able to lock on a laser paint.

20 minutes ago, hezy.h said:

Pls sort it out!! 

If you say "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I will say "no" because it's shorter than "yes." :)

------------------------------------

In all seriousness, feedback is good, but you need to work on your approach here.

This reads like you were in a fit of rage while typing it up, and that's rather counterproductive to what you're trying to achieve.

I invite you to rephrase this post, as in its current form it leaves a poor impression and probably doesn't reflect your intent.

I mean no disrespect in saying that.

8 hours ago, hezy.h said:

i play as Field gunner bipods vanish, cant erect weapons WTF?!

I'm going to guess you're talking about the bipods and tripods for static weapons like mortars, static AT/AA/HMG/GMG.  The reason they disappear is because the cleanup script deletes them.  Why would it do that you may ask.  Well for starters if no cleanup script would be running the server would be unplayable after roughly 4 to 6 hours because of the massive drop in FPS.  This because a lot of things would need to be rendered in that contribute nothing to the gameplay.  Like a gazillion bodies/wrecks, ...  And not to forget animated loot holders on the ground.  Which contain for example backpacks that were dropped on the ground. 

Now why does it sometimes delete them after you drop them on the ground and not other times?  This is because the cleanup script runs every 6 minutes (and takes roughly 1-2 minutes to completely run).  So if you happen to put something on the ground and just then the cleanup script runs you're out of luck.  

Now I hear you asking why don't you make it that it deletes something 6 minutes after it is destroyed/killed/dropped on the ground/...  There were 2 reasons why I didn't do that in the past: 1: It'd be a very heavy script that'd negatively impact performance by a lot.  And a lot of people have complained about performance already. 2: It'd be a pain in the ass to get it working for everything if you don't want it to be not an absolute disaster, just a little one, for performance.  You'd have to go through every single of the 100+ files in I&A and check if something is spawned in there.  Thats a few thousands lines of code you'd have to read, just to fix something that's only mildly annoying.  
Let me also remind you that the people working on this are complete volunteers, they do this in their free time.  They could be playing the mission but instead they chose to try to improve it.  So next time you want something changed try including 'could you', 'would it be possible to', ... in your post instead of 'WTF??!!', 'lame', ...

Oh and do some fact checking, there is not a single local photography shop in the world that sells the ENVGs from arma because they are 100% fictional.

And one last thing, when an arma update comes out, read the changelog.  This way you won't complain to people about doing something while it's Bohemia that did it.  

@Amentes said it all. The point about Titans and lasers is correct and GBUs indeed no longer lock while on the aircraft pylon. LOAL was a thing before, but now BIS removed the possibility to lock onto the laser with the GBU prior to drop entirely, so only LOAL remains.

Since EU#1 is also, well, our server, and I & A is our mission, we can restrict, enable and disable whatever gear or mechanic we deem fit to balance the I & A experience on our server.

As said, written, noted and expressed countless times before, leaving all the fun activities to CAS assets controlled by 10% of players (out of 60) is not deemed fit; neither is having a medic with a 6.5 mm belt-fed LMG and a rocket launcher take out OPFOR squads across the AO with his high powered scope from the hill he was inserted behind.

If you know better, just head to the Editor and make your own mission.

5 hours ago, ansin11 said:

@Amentes said it all. The point about Titans and lasers is correct and GBUs indeed no longer lock while on the aircraft pylon. LOAL was a thing before, but now BIS removed the possibility to lock onto the laser with the GBU prior to drop entirely, so only LOAL remains.

Since EU#1 is also, well, our server, and I & A is our mission, we can restrict, enable and disable whatever gear or mechanic we deem fit to balance the I & A experience on our server.

As said, written, noted and expressed countless times before, leaving all the fun activities to CAS assets controlled by 10% of players (out of 60) is not deemed fit; neither is having a medic with a 6.5 mm belt-fed LMG and a rocket launcher take out OPFOR squads across the AO with his high powered scope from the hill he was inserted behind.

If you know better, just head to the Editor and make your own mission.

its  not about medics running around with saw', it would  be nice to have a AK though

I was in a fit of rage last night as you said, well i was annoyed, that i couldnt offer fire support to those who asked for it, weather that was with UAV's or a mortor.. 

But your attitude towards those 10% like me that fly very well and enjoy flying in helo's on arma just proves it has nothing to do with fun or anything else but you dont like CAS or CFS assets working with infantry 

the bipods for the mortor/Auto Gun bags, vanished within 30secs of me placing it on ground.

1 minute ago, hezy.h said:

the bipods for the mortor/Auto Gun bags, vanished within 30secs of me placing it on ground.

Because the cleanup script runs every 6 minutes regardless of when you place something down.  

1 minute ago, hezy.h said:

its  not about medics running around with saw', it would  be nice to have a AK though

Why would someone who's primary job is to heal people need a 7.62 assault rifle?  The 5.56 AKS is still in the arsenal for medics, all carbines are still there, ...

2 minutes ago, hezy.h said:

I was in a fit of rage last night as you said, well i was annoyed, that i couldnt offer fire support to those who asked for it, weather that was with UAV's or a mortor..

As mortar always bring 2 bipods.  If one vanishes you still have the other.  And UAVs still work, watch a tutorial if you don't know how to.  AhoyWorld didn't change anything, bohemia interactive did. You're complaining on the wrong forum for that, forums.bohemia.net is what you need to complain about forced lock on after launch.

The AK-12 is the most OP assault rifle in the vanilla game.

1 hour ago, hezy.h said:

But your attitude towards those 10% like me that fly very well and enjoy flying in helo's on arma just proves it has nothing to do with fun or anything else but you dont like CAS or CFS assets working with infantry

I almost never fly on EU#1 because I have no experience with flying in Arma 3 (as many regular players will confirm), so my attitude towards pilots is indeed rather bad, but aside from that:

If you give the UAV OP two MQ4A Greyhawks with GBUs and laser designators he can just fly above AO and take out whatever he pleases on his own without any infantry being involved in that at all because well, he can just lase for himself. Same if we had an A-164 on default respawn like the UH-80s and Hummingbirds, 10% of players (These 10% refer to the server slots not the Arma 3 player base, 5 Vortex Pilots + 1 UAV OP.) could just do the main AO on their own - each of them.

The way it is now the UAV OP is forced to work with infantry because he needs their laser designation. Kind of.

We wouldn't have had to implement these changes if the things they are designed to prevent never happened, but these things used to be meta and it was entirely pointless to pick any but the six slots that have access to aircraft.

Yes but doing it on yyour own is no fun.. which is why i hardly ever play   AT spec' 

just because he can doesnt mean he will.. if hes playing the role he will wait untill asked to drop or engage. 

when people travel in my helo' im nearly always praised for a "professional" flight, i fly first person and do my best to be smooth and authentic. but thats me iv stopped playying milsim arma so when i play on Ahoy i fly helos, drive tanks, uav's, deploy mortors but do it as realist  and smooth as i can, it helps no one to be a one man army with a truck full of AT rockets  

So because you want to stop the minority of people that waste asset, its Ahoys policy to  just damn everyone and  be very  restrictive or selective , depending on your point of view.

why  dont you give us back the good stuff and have more GM's playing?

that way we get to play with the cool stuff and nobbers get kicked/spoken to and asked to play as a team/support, of the masses problem solved for everyone. 

28 minutes ago, hezy.h said:

why  dont you give us back the good stuff and have more GM's playing?

that way we get to play with the cool stuff and nobbers get kicked/spoken to and asked to play as a team/support, of the masses problem solved for everyone. 

That's really not anywhere near as simple as you make it out to be.

Spartans and Admins aren't indentured servants, they can't be Johnny on-the-spot 24/7/365. The workload involved with that kind of policing is simply too damn high.

It's the same rationale that leads to banning Drones and laser pointers in real life, because a few little shits can't handle the responsibility and think it's fun to fuck with air traffic.

well i play your servers near enough every day. how would i go about learning to be a GM for you? i dont mind policing random ppl that wont play with each other.

making people play together is a small price to pay to have the cool toys back

30 minutes ago, hezy.h said:

well i play your servers near enough every day. how would i go about learning to be a GM for you? i dont mind policing random ppl that wont play with each other.

Spartan applications:

Public moderator:

Be sure to read the rules and requirements, these roles are a position of great responsibility, so ensure you know what you are singing up for.

1 hour ago, hezy.h said:

Making people play together is not really what the public vanilla servers are about.

If people want to lone wolf they can, restricting the tools stops those lone wolves ruining the fun or doing too much damage. 

13 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

Making people play together is not really what the public vanilla servers are about.

If people want to lone wolf they can, restricting the tools stops those lone wolves ruining the fun or doing too much damage. 

i know that, but its stopping alot of the fun, and stopping us from having all the cool toys.

and id like to havve the cool toys back again.. even  if it comes in the form side missions or some thing so we can get the better tech. or like zeus did the other night manually placing the tanks down for his mission. 

7 hours ago, hezy.h said:

and id like to havve the cool toys back again.. even  if it comes in the form side missions or some thing so we can get the better tech. or like zeus did the other night manually placing the tanks down for his mission.

I think we currently doing it this way.

7 hours ago, hezy.h said:

i know that, but its stopping alot of the fun, and stopping us from having all the cool toys.

On the other side, player will probably abuse the toys in my experiance and will troll and reduce the fun for the majority of the players.

On 16.04.2018 at 9:26 AM, hezy.h said:

Well, i've tried to do "armored battle" but as far as i remember, some players just took these tanks and wasted them in the main AO. (main purpose was Zeus op). I've done some mistakes like: just spawning these tanks at FOB (should do separated place for them). Im still learning Zeus things, forgive me :P

AFAIK bipods were purposely removed from "standard" weaponry, such as MX and thus also AKs.

I don't remember if the SPMG comes with a built-in bipod as I never use it, but I believe Autoriflemen were intended to retain bipods, so it sounds like an oversight.

If so, rest assured it will be corrected.