Stiletto Feedback Thread

I had a heli blow up on the pad (not from spawn but from typical Arma things) and the remove button wasn't working, it kept saying that there was nothing there... I wonder if it's possible to have the 'clean base' thing also remove wrecks/vehicles that haven't been used for a certain time period. I was stuck until someone who could Zeus could come on and clean up for us, so if only just for ease of admin sake, I think that might be a useful addition if it's possible.

On a kind of similar note, it would be good to be able to despawn vehicles on the pad in case of mistakenly spawning the wrong vehicle... To be a little noob-friendly.

2 hours ago, Chubbs said:

I had a heli blow up on the pad (not from spawn but from typical Arma things) and the remove button wasn't working, it kept saying that there was nothing there... I wonder if it's possible to have the 'clean base' thing also remove wrecks/vehicles that haven't been used for a certain time period. I was stuck until someone who could Zeus could come on and clean up for us, so if only just for ease of admin sake, I think that might be a useful addition if it's possible.

On a kind of similar note, it would be good to be able to despawn vehicles on the pad in case of mistakenly spawning the wrong vehicle... To be a little noob-friendly.

The despawning option is there (and should work) only for damaged vehicles; in the past this function worked for all vehicles as you suggested, but it was abused by players (despawned a helicopter out of ammo, spawned a fresh one). 

I'll check on this function. Which map? 

13 hours ago, Chubbs said:

To remove a wreckage from an H-Pad, you service the vehicle. It will scrap it for you.

27 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ginge said:

On V33 when ever blufor faction is set to random it always defaults to Russian, not just a fluke has been happening for about 3 days straight 

I've taken the liberty to look at the script that selects a random faction.  If both player faction and enemy faction are set to random the script is more likely to select a blufor faction over an opfor one.

Simply because the faction-pool it randomly chooses from contains 7 blufor factions and 6 opfor ones.

STILETTO_LYTHIUM_01_033.lythium\DG\DG.sqf

[0, "CMD", "CMD", "Platoon Command", ["cmd_platco", "cmd_fac", "cmd_medic", "cmd_uav"], [], 40, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", ""], 0, 0],
[0, "CMD", "ASL", "Alpha Squad Lead", ["inf_sl", "spec_o", "inf_mm", "inf_rlat"], [], 50, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", ""], 0, 1],
[0, "INF", "A 1", "Alpha 1", ["inf_tl", "inf_ar", "inf_eng", "inf_medic", "inf_rlat"], [], 50, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", "", ""], 0, 2],
[0, "INF", "A 2", "Alpha 2", ["inf_tl", "inf_ar", "inf_rat", "inf_medic", "inf_rlat"], [], 50, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", "", ""], 0, 3],
[12, "CMD", "BSL", "Bravo Squad Lead", ["inf_sl", "spec_o", "inf_mm", "inf_rlat"], [], 51, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", ""], 12, 4],
[12, "INF", "B 1", "Bravo 1", ["inf_tl", "inf_ar", "inf_eng", "inf_medic", "inf_rlat"], [], 51, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", "", ""], 12, 5],
[12, "INF", "B 2", "Bravo 2", ["inf_tl", "inf_ar", "inf_rat", "inf_medic", "inf_rlat"], [], 51, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", "", ""], 12, 6],
[24, "CMD", "CSL", "Charlie Squad Lead", ["inf_sl", "spec_o", "inf_mm", "inf_rlat"], [], 52, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", ""], 24, 7],
[24, "INF", "C 1", "Charlie 1", ["inf_tl", "inf_ar", "inf_eng", "inf_medic", "inf_rlat"], [], 52, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", "", ""], 24, 8],
[24, "INF", "C 2", "Charlie 2", ["inf_tl", "inf_ar", "inf_rat", "inf_medic", "inf_rlat"], [], 52, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", "", ""], 24, 9],        
[0, "AIR", "VORTEX-1", "Vortex 1", ["air_p"], [], 70, 30, grpNull, [""], 0, 10],
[9, "AIR", "VORTEX-2", "Vortex 2", ["air_p"], [], 70, 30, grpNull, [""], 9, 11],
[18, "AIR", "RAMBLER-1", "Rambler 1", ["air_p"], [], 71, 30, grpNull, [""], 18, 12],
[27, "AIR", "RAMBLER-2", "Rambler 2", ["air_p"], [], 71, 30, grpNull, [""], 27, 13],
[16, "ARM", "HAMMER", "Hammer", ["arm_c", "arm_g", "arm_d", "arm_l"], [], 80, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", ""], 16, 14],
[24, "ARM", "TORCH", "Torch", ["arm_c", "arm_g", "arm_d", "arm_l"], [], 81, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", ""], 24, 14],
[16, "SPT", "ANGEL", "Support CASEVAC", ["sup_sl", "sup_medic", "sup_medic", "inf_rif"], [], 90, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", ""], 16, 16],
[16, "SPT", "LOGI", "Support Logistics", ["sup_sl", "sup_eng", "sup_eng", "inf_rif"], [], 91, 30, grpNull, ["", "", "", ""], 16, 17]

Also fixed the 4th guy in BSL and CLS squads being normal riflemen instead of LATs.
Highlighted the things that i've changed.  They are of course just my personal suggestions.

On 23/12/2017 at 2:37 AM, Ryko said:

The despawning option is there (and should work) only for damaged vehicles; in the past this function worked for all vehicles as you suggested, but it was abused by players (despawned a helicopter out of ammo, spawned a fresh one). 

I'll check on this function. Which map? 

It was on Malden. To avoid that abuse, I wonder if it's possible to only have it be able to despawn if it has full ammo/fuel? That way at least to despawn something you'd have to wait out the repair/rearm script time anyway so it's still balanced?

On 23/12/2017 at 1:53 PM, SiegeSix said:

To remove a wreckage from an H-Pad, you service the vehicle. It will scrap it for you.

Ah thanks for this @SiegeSix I'm sure it'll be very useful in the future!

Version: Latest (bug discovered about 5 minutes before time of this post)

Map: Stratis

Bluefor: Russian EMR

Opfor: ChDKZ Insurgents

Bug: Russian "RPG7 (Launcher)" Crate is actually maaws ammo...

Expected Behavior: "RPG7 (Launcher)" Crate from the logi spawn menu should contain RPG-7 Launcher

Actual Behavior: Looks like the standard MAAWS Ammo Box..

Steps to reproduce: Go to logi spawn point, "Spawn Crates" > "Launcher Ammo" > "RPG7 (Launcher)" > Receive box that contains western spai's.

4tuszF9.png

Stiletto version 034 is now on the server for all maps.

Change log

1. Added changes log to diary (you should be able to see version number at top right on the map, where the mission name is).
2. Added an anim event handler that detects rolling, jumping, repair and medical actions. Any of these actions (except jumping) will kick you out of third person and into first person. Jumping and rolling will reduce stamina more than they currently do.
3. Reviewed and revised boat spawning: new boat spawn and repair pads.
4. Reviewed and revised random faction spawning. Added random blufor, random opfor and random insurgent faction options: current default is random blufor for player faction (random opfor on Gorgona), and random for opfor faction (will select between opfor and insurgent factions).
5. Added more Taru options for OPFOR faction spawning.
6. Fixes for Logi crate spawning and option to remove crates.
7. Fixes to Dynamic Groups.
8. Player in command may now end the mission (and cause the server to advance to the next mission) with a new option in the mission control menu, accessible in the command HQ Whiteboard. All players must be in the command HQ to use this function.
9. Added "return to freedom" action to allow player to get back on USS Freedom deck if swimming nearby.

8 minutes ago, Ryko said:

4. Reviewed and revised random faction spawning. Added random blufor, random opfor and random insurgent faction options: current default is random blufor for player faction (random opfor on Gorgona), and random for opfor faction (will select between opfor and insurgent factions).

On gorgona what is the default option for enemy forces?  Random blufor or random insurgents?

1 minute ago, Stanhope said:

On gorgona what is the default option for enemy forces?  Random blufor or random insurgents?

I probably should have set it to Random Insurgent, but it's currently set to Random, which means it will wait until the random player faction is chosen and then choose an opfor faction appropriately (currently, it will select between random blufor and insurgent factions).

For general information since we now have the boat-spawn:

Just did a bit of testing with the MK 5 and the SDVs and yes it is possible to safely load and unload 2 SDVs on and from 1 MK 5.

Loading:

• Click on the first one to load and then on the spot you want it to be (select the one that is completely on the deck even though it is not marked as a possible location).
  • Then load the second SDV on the obvious spot on the ramp.

Unloading:

• Always unload the SDV on the Ramp first (for obvious reasons).
  • Then unload the second SDV (do this while you are moving!! Otherwise you will damake or even destroy this SDV!).

Notes:

• All of this is possible while people are mounted on the SDVs.
  • The unloading can even happen at 115km/h without hurting the SDV-crews.
  • Loading or unloading the SDVs the other way around can cause both as well as the MK 5 to explode.

In preparation for the new mod pack that contains a fix for some of the bigger artillery, (

)

Could bluefor be given access to the towed artillery that can be loaded into vechs / slingloaded? maybe just at the logi pole? (and give opfor the Russian var)

The tracked artillery that this mod also fixed might be too op to put in the vech spawn, but access to the towed artillery would be 10/10, people seem to really want to set up logi bases and this would let the 1-2 people that are otherwise useless at the fob help out in the ao.

This might even see more use out of a artillery support squad which uses a ammo truck that has the artillery piece loaded into it (just pretend its towing it).

Indirect Fire support best firesupport! :D