OP Bugout (Hosted by @Gambit)

Server Details: 

IP: 116.202.224.207

Port: 2302

Mods Required:

Arma 3 Preset OP Bugout.html

TS address: ts.ahoyworld.net

TEAMSPEAK MISSION BRIEFING FOR ALL PLAYERS WILL BEGIN AT 19:00 UTC

Expected Mission Length: 120+ minutes (may go over or under expected mission length)

Player Slots: 34 (5 Squads of 6, and a 4 man command element)

Situation

The CHADS were overrun in Finland by Russian invasion, in the chaos, your platoon of CHADS were left on the ground. CHADS being CHADS, established a series of safehouses along a potential escape route. After regrouping at one of the safehouses, your task is to check on the other safehouses, if survivors managed their way there, fold them in and get out. All the while the Russians are searching and chasing. 

Assets:

what you can find along the way

Friendly Forces:

CHADS

Enemy Forces:

Russians and unknown

Civilians:

Civilian presence unknown

Mission

Regroup at a safehouse, then check for survivors at other safehouse locations, then make your way to the airfield, liberate whatever you can and get out of the area. E&E time boys.

Execution

Objectives:

1.Check on multiple safehouse locations
2.Make your way to the airfield, see what you can liberate and use it to get the hell out

Movement Plan:

At Commanders discretion

Rules of Engagement:

Escape & Evasion rules apply, try not to give away your position too early.

Civilians are present in the area so collateral damage and civilian visual contact is to be kept to a minimum.

Admin & Logistics

Equipment & Resupply:

At the commander’s control, assets are available at base to facilitate this.

Reinforcements:

Unlimited

At commanders discretion, transport assets are available.

Command & Control

Command:

Overall command lays with codename "Overlord" who will set objectives and ROE.

Operational control on the ground lies with the Platoon Commander.

Communication:

Radio channels are set for each element and can be viewed as part of the Diary accessible through the map . Platoon has limited discretion for change but structure is to be maintained. 

island_trouble.jpg

Not entirely sure how I survived that without taking a single bullet - either from a Russian or from one of our circular firing squads around the digger-anomaly.

I enjoyed that, though personally I am not a fan of anomalies and stuff in a pseudo-realistic setting - but I was semi-expecting them because a) that image, b) I had an error message about something not loading "toxic sound" or something, and the mod set... (I would like all ops to include those mods just so that we can't second guess when we might want to have a zombie/alien op tbh)

Had a lot of fun in Alpha, we worked well. Some interesting decisions ("let's concentrate fire on a BTR gun with our 5.56 rifles" 🤣) but the mission kept us busy, moving around, plenty of enemies to shoot and lovely ambient noises.

For the sake of keeping this thread on topic of useful mission feedback to the mission creator I am not going to comment on player actions (that I mostly didn't witness) in it. I know that our attack on that BTR was somewhat forced by circumstance and I didn't have any helpful ideas in that instant so don't worry - not slagging you off @SiegeSix when I commented on that decision. It was Alpha's only mistake imho. Considering the 90 other decisions you made that Op, not bad going!

first of all, thanks for the feedback in the ddebrief aswell, i made a few mistakes in the mission code, namely the respawn point not moving to the airfield and smaller, luckily unnoticed by you all tidbits. The missing file error you got was because i had to severly cut down on the custom sounds and more anomaly types and i accuentally cut one more in the final update of the mission, otherwise the mission file would have been 25+mb, and we all know how arma servers and mission file downloads are funky.

On the discussing player decisions. Well, i can, because im not in any shape of form associated with AW staff stuff, im just a simple community member and i will say things nobody likes to hear.
So i rewatched the stream from Frozt's pov, hmm... the comments from the start to the end about ditching everyone, general disrespect and just booking it, deliberately disobeying orders and deliberate lies, just disgusting. I will not make and sacrifice my own time to run another mission, hell, i wouldnt have done it in the first place if i knew this is the attitude. Specific target was "no man gets left behind". Noone. I dont care, flip the situation, how do you feel about that. This happened in the last hellenmaa mission (chads and russian invasion) that should have been a clue for me, but silly me, i thought the talks about teamwork after that incident actually meant something.

So i have to say this. Absolute disgrace of a behaviour Charlie. Dont you dare talk about teamwork again, i would not trust you to walk my dog, let alone work with you, or god forbid let you lead a mission from command again. If you participated, or just stayed silent in the face of that behaviour, shame on you. I will not tolerate this type of behaviour from anybody, and lucky you i had no time to closely monitor you all... otherwise i would have called the whole thing off after 15 minutes.
(one of the many disgusting behaviour on display https://clips.twitch.tv/ShortLachrymoseOysterPlanking ill leave the otherwise just berating comments out for now, stream is there you can find em all)

If you will just disrespect the community, the staff, the command, and the mission maker's efforts, why show up at all?

As for future ops from me, i have only 2 options left. Either i dont make any of them because of the displayed attitude will continue and just be a waste of my time, potentialy ruining everyone elses fun and invested time aswell

OR

specify that certain ppl are not allowed to participate.

BTW Charlie, you went loud after 15 minutes, because even tho you were walking in a tight column which offers great flank security and the opportunity to keep the audio footrpint as light as possible, you managed to walk up next to an unsuspecting search party withing 50 meters, ai on 5% spot accuracy started firing at you. That set off all the teams, about 150 ai were on the hunt, then you ditched the others and left them to deal with the shit you stirred up.

And the blue on blue incident? that was the russian guy NE (cant remember exactly, its on stream), you all whipped towards the friendly team on your north-ish (they were engaged by those AI on their east) and took potshots at them, they returned fire. Watch it on the stream. Frozt got the guy who hit Karate. Quick to judge and blame imo, but in light of the previous displayso n stream, cant say im surprised.

Compare Frozt's streams from the last op (op sidestep) and this.

To finish on a higher note

For Command, Alpha and Bravo, kudos great job even your flank wasnt protected. Peeling back from engagements before you get pincered, holding them off long enough to set up another hasty fighting position for covering the retreating team. Thats teamwork, and its a shame that wasnt streamed. Great work and great fun, shame it was spoiled at the end, but hopefully not ruined forever.

• Norris locked this topic

This topic has been locked by staff as we believe the conversation was not moving in a productive direction.

The Staff team team have taken action in relation to events during the mission in line with the rules of Ahoyworld and AWE.

We would like to remind all our members that AhoyWorld is a welcoming community that respects its members and visitors. We expect everyone to maintain this environment and will take action against those who jeopardise that community spirit.

With that in mind I would like to see future feedback presented in relation to the mission/plan/leadership decisions and other relative topics.

Personal issues should be raised separately to staff if necessary.