Punishment on bad flying

Derp

Question

Dear AW Staff,

I noticed that the punishments on bad flying or to soft or they don't get punished at all.

here by i bring this question to maybe punish bad pilots way harder.

For example : yesterday Blake Schiro was a pilot, as i noticed he was taking off with the Orca, he managed to crash the thing just flying 10m further to land on the helipad. After that he left it so i had to ask Lindi to clear that thing off the landing pad.

Minutes later i was refueling my Humming i noticed him jumping in the Buzzard. He starts to accelerate but couldn't figure out how to bank left or right. He stopped right in time before he could crash in a stationed blackfish. He got out and took a Hummingbird.

I was in a Kajman stationed waiting for a gunner. he comes by and says in COMMAND CHANNEL 'I'm an advanced pilot and since you not flying it you better get out so i can use it.'' REMEMBER THESE WORDS After flying it and went on a gunning spree with Daniel i flew to the repair pad to re-arm it. I jumped out as i was about to leave. He jumps in the Kajman takes 2 passengers in the passenger bay without a gunner he flies off not evne landing a the helipad to pick up other people. At that point i said to my group 'Guess how long that kajman is gonna survive.'' I run to my parked Hummingbird i look at the map i don't see him flying. I look at FOB Gaurdian there he is at the Arsenal... 

After that he grabs a Taru (Video Link shows what happened) and just crashes it right into the H-Barriers..

Here he tries to deny that it was his fault. 

25 answers to this question

Stanhope the only thing i'm refering to is that he was able to destroy  1 hugely rare Helicopter. almost crashed a 45min cooldown jet because he thinks he can learn to fly a jet in only 5 mins. Almost crashed a Orca (30min Cooldown).

Players like them are so common on Ahoyworld and they don't ge tpunished so they come back and just keep on crashing stuff.

How about a 1h ban, if they are serious on this server they will be back in a hour and learn their lesson. if they aren't serious then they probs won't be back. That's one playe ri gotta worry about.

Also maybe recruit an admin that flies alot? So he cna check up on pilots himself? 2 Admins can't take all the responsibility on themselves that's 30 people per admin. 

Quality. Content.

You can't get this anywhere else. When it happens it's mostly annoying, but whenever I go a few hours on the server without this I start missing it. It's the pure, perfect EU#1 experience. It's beautiful.

Yep thats annoying and sad but when admins are online they're mostly doing their job and punishing incompetent pilots.

What are you proposing? Something like the prevention system? Pilots license? Maybe punishment worse than just a ban?

To be fair, I'd like to see the ideas to prevent this that you players can think off because from what I've heard the current system isn't working.

So my proposal, if we can collectively think of a plan that can eliminate this, the staff will discuss of implementing it.

Fair?

Imo when you're entering pilot slot there should be a hint with some the most important rules like:

5.1.4.4. If you are very bad we suggest practising offline first and in extreme cases may ask you to surrender your slot to a known good pilot. If you refuse we may be forced to kick you. (must be :P)

5.1.4.5. Are in command of their aircraft, not the passenger or co-pilot. Don’t confuse this to mean that co-pilots cannot take control.

5.1.4.6. Pilots are required to engage with admins when requested. If an admin asks who the pilots are please respond.

5.1.4.7. AFK pilots will be kicked.

5.1.4.8. Pilots are required to land in designated areas! Landing in non-designated landing zones around spawn will most likely result in a kick.

5.1.4.9. Repeated crashing or abandoning choppers is not permitted.

would something like the tk script work, i mean something crash 3 helis in 10mins or like that and force chance slot for while? and for the jets, i think there should be AA buzard with short respawn time because not that many ppl likes fly it and if hostile enemy jets keep taking down friendly choppers we would have something that helps take them out so they would fly it only because they have to. but for powerful AA jets like wasp should stay at 45min cooldown.

3 minutes ago, Kacper said:

5.1.4.4. If you are very bad we suggest practising offline first and in extreme cases may ask you to surrender your slot to a known good pilot. If you refuse we may be forced to kick you. (must be :P)

5.1.4.5. Are in command of their aircraft, not the passenger or co-pilot. Don’t confuse this to mean that co-pilots cannot take control.

5.1.4.6. Pilots are required to engage with admins when requested. If an admin asks who the pilots are please respond.

5.1.4.7. AFK pilots will be kicked.

5.1.4.8. Pilots are required to land in designated areas! Landing in non-designated landing zones around spawn will most likely result in a kick.

5.1.4.9. Repeated crashing or abandoning choppers is not permitted.

Just an FYI these are not the rules.  These are:

4.3.    Consider your skill as a pilot before taking a Pilot slot.
Notes:

4.3.1.The primary role of a pilot is to provide logistical support to the infantry on the ground.  Examples of logistical support are: transporting people, ammo, fuel, vehicles, …

4.3.2.In case of poor ability, a pilot may be asked to leave the slot.

4.3.3.We recommend and highly appreciate that our pilots are on TeamSpeak (the IP can be found on the map).

4.3.4.Pilots are in command of their aircraft, not the passenger nor co-pilot. Don’t confuse this to mean that co-pilots cannot take control.

4.3.5.Pilots are required to land in designated areas in base.

4.3.6.AFK pilots will be removed from their slots faster than someone would from a normal slot for being AFK.

4.3.7.Pilots should keep an eye on their gunners.  Respond to a member of staff as soon as possible when he asks you who your gunners are.

Also everyone gets a hint saying what the keybind is for earplugs when joining.  I don't need to tell you how many times people ask for that keybind :)

2 minutes ago, itsmemario said:

would something like the tk script work, i mean something crash 3 helis in 10mins or like that and force chance slot for while?

Technically: add a killed eventhandler to the pilot, when it triggers check his vehicle & position in the vehicle.  If he's the pilot of a heli or airplane add x to counter y.  If counter y is greater than z kick or force back to the lobby.  Also add a mechanic to keep him out of the slot for a certain amount of time.  I'm thinking profilenamespace variable.  
So yea, it's possible.

If friendly choppers keep getting shot down it's time to land further and have AT specs pack AA launchers.  Also if the buzzard gets a reduced respawn timer it's gonna get used for CAS more.

I for one try to maintain at least some sort of order with the pilots when I'm online. Sometimes it feels like it's all I do.

I've also tried to keep an eye out for the guys that show potential and the will to do a good job at it and give them what knowledge I have. That however does require pilots that are willing to listen and are able to communicate.

Interesting. Blake Schiro was on multiple servers yesterday. I personally asked him to relinquish his Pilot slot, after spending 15-20 minutes getting him on TS. He said himself he "bought the game 3 days ago."

He did comply, though that may only be because he knew the consequences if he didn't.

7 hours ago, Kacper said:

If you are very bad we suggest practising offline first and in extreme cases may ask you to surrender your slot to a known good pilot. If you refuse we may be forced to kick you. (must be :P

Let's be real, even the pilot knows he's awful he's still going to completely ignore this and continue to cause chaos 

Encouraging people to learn off-line is fine, but yeah, there's no need to remind people that they may be kicked if they can't do the job, that's the case for any and all roles. Only makes sense if the punishment for being a shit pilot is more than a kick, which currently it isn't.

So from what i've gathered we have no real solution for this (yet.) Now we used to have it so pilots had to be on teamspeak but in my opinion that system didn't work and it has been stated many times that it isn't coming back.

Lindi summed it up pretty perfectly,

As admins we try our best to maintain the quality of our pilots when we are online, but again, we can't always be around to monitor pilots and we don't have a coherent system to prevent bad pilots. My personal advice would be if you see a bad pilot do !admin, and hopefully one of us will be around and we can deal with it promptly. This is the most simplest and effective method we've formulated until we can figure out a non-intrusive  system.

Just now, Derp said:

Tbh, maybe start with an expiremental 1h ban for the worst pilots

How do we know who the worst pilots are?

How can players report this?

does an admin have to be around to implicate the ban?

(Every ban has to be recorded so......)

what system judges a good pilot from a bad pilot? (mistakes do happen too!)

These questions go on, and on, and on.  But you see, this is the point I want to get at. It's all well and dandy players coming up with these ideas to alleviate bad pilots, but the logistics behind ideas like this from the standpoint from an admin is critical. This question has been asked so many times and yet it has failed everytime because the idea and the logistics behind it are two completely different things and we have never found the right balance to make it work. 

On 7/1/2018 at 4:31 PM, Kacper said:

What are you proposing? Something like the prevention system? Pilots license?

Actually, Pilot license is not bad, not bad at all. In fact, we have only 5 pilot slots, pretty competitive i think.

(Just an idea) i thought of if people wanted to be pilots, they should come to this forum, give an appliance of being a pilot, this appliance shouldn't take lots of time, its should be a 5 minute maybe less of a multiple choice test, one that can define if he is "mentally" ready to be a pilot. the number of wrong or right is totally up to you guys. if he passed he can be whitelisted for the slot. the idea of making an account and apply will differentiate between the serious and the trolls.

just basic modifiable idea, you can throw this off if you think its bizarre ^_^

21 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

I'm with @Stanhope here, seems like the best idea and way to go about it.

I haven't proposed any solution?  I've just thought about (in writing on this forum) whether or not something someone else suggested was technically possible.

I don't see a need to change anything short term.  Long term maybe yea, but the current system has been working for years now.  I don't see why it suddenly needs to be changed.

Forcing Pilots on TeamSpeak won't solve any problems, it'll simply mean more Admin actions taken against pilots who aren't on TS.

For that to work, it would also requite a major culture change on the server(s) as a whole.

No recording needs to be made, should have some way so you can privately message any admin in the server. Mostly why i don't point out the bad flyers is cuz i don't want to come over as a snitching person. Even though it's necesary.

On 7/4/2018 at 10:16 AM, Derp said:

cuz i don't want to come over as a snitching person

:YouDontSay-min:

reading the above statement made me giggle like a little girl

Welcome to the forums,too

Doomsday clock has been started ...