Curious about EU3

Someone

Ahoy!
I've been curious about EU3 for as long as I've been here. I've been playing on EU2 for a while now, but the teamplay and cooperation there is rarely as good as I would like it to be. It's often decent during Luetins gamenights, but other than that it's usually quite a mess.

I've been eyeballing EU3 since the day I found this community, since it seems to be alot more coordinated, with mandatory teamplay and cooporation through TS (or well ACRE), but I still havn't managed to push myself over the edge and accually download the mods, to accually sit down, spend some time and learn how to play there.

Does anyone have any eyecandy from EU3, such as videos, montages or similar? I'm very curious about how things play out on that server, and I'm concidering to at lest give it a try some day.

Basically, I'm looking for some material to help me see how much fun I'm missing out on, so that I'll finally force myself to get my arse over there and indulge the parts of Arma I've never experienced before.

So, if anyone dare, share some stories, videos or screenshots from your time on EU3, help with pushing me over the edge.

//Someone

*edit*
Just realized there's a specific part on the forum for EU3, so if an admin would like to move this, please go ahead :)

If you look up "theminipily" on youtube you should find his channel, he has a fair few highlight videos from EU3, although they tend to be the side splittingly hilarious glitches or incidents

Edit: I would link you to the page myself but the WiFi network I'm on just now blocks youtube

EDIT 2: Huzzah, I have a link - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMinipily/videos

For god's sake, please choose better names than "Someone" and "Anyone" in-game.  I can only imagine the chaos that radio callouts will be.

I have accually concidered doing that for a while, but in Arma people recognize me as "someone". People often ask if i'm the "someone" from king of the hill, wasteland or some other gamemode which I've played plenty of. Changing the name would feel like throwing that recognition away, and I've kind of grown to like that recognition. It's been my name for over 2 years, it's difficult to get rid of it ;)

If it shows to be something which causes too much disturbance and a hinderance in radio callouts however, I will change it.

Ye the names started out as a joke on a altis life server some time ago and we never changed back, i have kind of grown fond of the names :D

And it's really hard to make up a new name which is catchy but still usable, but if it becomes to big of a problem then il just have to face the the fact that Anyone is probably the worst name i have ever come up with for a serious military simulator game. XD

the only issues i have with these names is that it can cause confusion for you and everyone else as if we have a MASCAS and people are asking if anyone is still alive the person might think you are being asked for and not responding resulting in a break in communication. 

And as mentioned above the issue of team leader saying someone get on the .50 cal.... no one moves because they are not sure if he means the player and boom rpg hit and squad dead. 

Yeah they are extreme scenarios but hey this is arma and extreme is what its all about haha XD

Or just add a nickname to your ingame name, like Someone "nickname". That'd make it somewhat easier.

It probably would, but I would assume that some people would still use the name "Someone" even if a nickname was added ;)

I will most likely change the name completly, as the original intention of the names were to cause disorientation and confusion along the corrupt police we constantly had to deal with while playing altis life.

Random guy - "Officer, someone shot me"

Someone - "No I didn't.. anyone could have done it"

Anyone - "It wasn't me, Everyone is a suspect"

Everyone - "What? Noone shot you, don't blame it on me.."

Noone - "Telltale..."

To be honest, the name is incredibly stupid. It's so stupid that I'm amazed on how we even managed to come up with it. I've accually had admins come and try to tell me off on other servers because some idiot yelled "someone shot me", "someone is hacking/cheating/spawnkilling" or similar, even thoguh I tend to play the game 100% as it's intended to be played, lol..

Still, it's a name which is difficult to leave behind.

It probably would, but I would assume that some people would still use the name "Someone" even if a nickname was added ;)

I will most likely change the name completly, as the original intention of the names were to cause disorientation and confusion along the corrupt police we constantly had to deal with while playing altis life.

Random guy - "Officer, someone shot me"

Someone - "No I didn't.. anyone could have done it"

Anyone - "It wasn't me, Everyone is a suspect"

Everyone - "What? Noone shot you, don't blame it on me.."

Noone - "Telltale..."

To be honest, the name is incredibly stupid. It's so stupid that I'm amazed on how we even managed to come up with it. I've accually had admins come and try to tell me off on other servers because some idiot yelled "someone shot me", "someone is hacking/cheating/spawnkilling" or similar, even thoguh I tend to play the game 100% as it's intended to be played, lol..

Still, it's a name which is difficult to leave behind.

Still remember when U were on Ur way for my squad's evacuation.

Me - "No pilots getting us?"

Cpt_Cluck - "Someone is on the way here..."

I laughed when I saw Ur Ghosthawk coming for us.

I'm planning on joining you guys soon also.

But I've had nothing but problems getting my new 1TB HDD sorted, I finally got it plugged in yesterday and it almost destroyed my PC.
I'll keep playing EU 2 until I get it sorted, and then get to downloading the copious amounts of Mods/Add-ons.

Hopefully then Someone will be able to show me around.
(Yes I meant the player, not just a random.. :D )