Activity on Server

I was wondering what the average number of active users on the server is throughout the day/week. I have just recently started playing on this server as of this week and I really enjoy it but from what I've seen, there tends to only be ~5 people on at any given time. Is that standard? 

p.s. I really enjoy the current mod-set and the server itself; on of the best IMO.

I have been playing on EU1 since a early March and my nonscientific assessment would be an average of 20. But it is often nearly full at peak times. EU 2 is very empty though and I don’t understand why. Another observation is that in general members are extremely helpful and polite both in game and on the forum. But as in all communities there are the odd one or two who can be consistently rude, objectionable and intolerant of errors and mistakes. In particular I don’t get why some players think it’s OK to Eff and Jeff over voice comms and it’s not stopped by admin in game? But there again they probably do that in the real world!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

I have been playing on EU1 since a early March and my nonscientific assessment would be an average of 20. But it is often nearly full at peak times. EU 2 is very empty though and I don’t understand why.

Note that we're in the AWE (EU3) subsection of the forum :)

1 hour ago, palmbranch said:

Is that standard?

According to gametracker  the average player count is 3 (past month).  But as you can see in the graph on the left hand side it's been increasing lately (put it to 30 days)

Between 16:00 UTC+2 and 18:00 UTC + 2 there are usually a 5-10 people on and around 22:00 UTC + 2 there are usually a bit over 10 people on.  Between 18:00 and 22:00 there could be people, but often I see 1 or 2 guys on.

Probably but the most common easy ways require you to fully redownload a mod if anything in that mod got updated.  And in the case of RHS and some islands that might be a lot of downloading for a what could be a rather small update.

Just now, Mad Eye Moody said:

I would do that but dont want to get into any agro for not being good enough

I highly doubt this would be the situation, I assure you every player is willing to help you, granted you ask nicely :) 

Trust me guys noobs are taught and looked after on EU3 I'm still a noob and am still learning but now i am helping newcomers to learn aswell.  Eu3 is a brilliant server even if at times it makes you tear your hair out.  I am on the server alone alot of the time as i am around alot atm (off sick) i have gone off and completed some missions on my own and gone to others with 2 full squads and CAS support and all of us died in like 20s.  its so versatile and fun and so much to do.  I love sometimes going on and joining logi and just going to build an FOB and then when a few people come on we go off and do the missions.  Huge thanks to @Ryko and the rest of the Devs and of course all the Mods/Admins who teach you so much.  Special thanks also must go to @Plant1ing who although he is taking a bit of a sabatical from Arma and Ahoyworld has been an amazing teacher and so many people have said how missed he is, and it is because he persuaded me that I came onto EU3 to start with.  To be honest i cant remember the last time i went on EU1or2 i just have far too much fun on EU3.  (even with the numerous rage quits!)

2 hours ago, Xwatt said:

I highly doubt this would be the situation, I assure you every player is willing to help you, granted you ask nicely :) 

To add to that: as long as you're willing to learn, I'd be surprised you're not offered help.

Sorry for the late response on this; I think I might have answered this before via TS while we were both on the server Palm, though informally.

Both historically and currently the high population times are around 8 PM GMT (20:00) on weekdays (mainly Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays) and any time during the afternoons (GMT again) on weekends. Sometimes it can be a gamble, as a server's middle-term (month-by-month, week-by-week) population can fluctuate. Play it by ear; don't conform your schedule to the server's population heights. 

Friday nights get the most attention, obviously; and so we've usually reserved that night for weekly gamenights. For example, our last major gamenight, Nightfall, got up to 23 people at max I believe. Monday nights tend to draw in an average of 10-12 people. Weekends tend to hover at around 10-15 people during the afternoons. 

So is there a guide somewhere to the key strokes for medic, radio etc and also what is the gameplay? e.g. spawn, arsenal, transport etc? I had a quick look when the server was empty but I could not work out how to get off the carrier or how to check if my keystrokes would wrk etc