What are the little things that annoy you?

So with the next version of I&A almost being ready i can still do some minor changes.  So i'd like to know what those little things are that annoy you about I&A 3.  And i'll try to fix these before I&A 3.2.10 :).  
We know about most of the big things that annoy most players, the bigger bugs, ... and are trying to fix them.  Unfortunately some of these take quite some time because they're either deeply entangled with other functions or scripts.  Or because we didn't make the script and don't want to mess with it too much.

Obviously i can't make any promises that i can fix the thing you put forward but i will definitely try.

Also i make no promises on when I&A 3.2.10 will be coming out :).  I do have exams in 3 weeks and whether or not i'll be able to wrap the next version up and test it, i don't know.  

Make rewards despawn after a period of time. Just add it in their init like all other vehicles. Will think of more later so this will get edited most likely

The little things? Please make the guns on the Ghost hawk locked by default and/or please make me able to lock/unlock them both at once.

Maybe also a little thing, please make it so that AOs spawn don't spawn so close that FOBs are in range for the enemy AA. It's not a huge problem, just an annoyance.

If pilots are at a FOB and want to get to the carrier, they have to use the crate, teleport to main base, run to the whiteboard at heli spawn and then they can finally get to the carrier, I have no clue why pilots can't just access it from FOBS or at least the infantry spawn at main base

4 hours ago, McKillen said:

Make rewards despawn after a period of time. Just add it in their init like all other vehicles. Will think of more later so this will get edited most likely

Not a small easy thing but i'll try to make it happen, no promises tho.

2 hours ago, Lindi said:

The little things? Please make the guns on the Ghost hawk locked by default and/or please make me able to lock/unlock them both at once.

Maybe also a little thing, please make it so that AOs spawn don't spawn so close that FOBs are in range for the enemy AA. It's not a huge problem, just an annoyance.

Yes i was gonna do that, i may or may not have forgotten about it :).  Will definitely try to do this. 

42 minutes ago, Xwatt said:

If pilots are at a FOB and want to get to the carrier, they have to use the crate, teleport to main base, run to the whiteboard at heli spawn and then they can finally get to the carrier, I have no clue why pilots can't just access it from FOBS or at least the infantry spawn at main base

The reason for this that it's different for each map where the pilot TP to, but i'll see if i can fix this.

Looking forward to the next update... my things:

Blackfish Infantry Transport - could we get one?

If possible a couple of quads at each FOB spawned?

A way to auto-mute all players from command/side/global?

Reward vehicles spawn with non-OPFOR colours (Making it easier to identify friendlies for those who decide not to check their map....)

A helipad at each FOB which has no spawns on it; allowing pilots to land to pick up troops without fear of something spawning ontop of them

That's all that I've got currently, keep up the good work and best of luck for the exams.

1 minute ago, Tales said:

Blackfish Infantry Transport - could we get one?

Thing is that we don't need it.  Most of the time it can fit the entire population of the server.  The only need i can see for it is for paradropping.  And for that the xi'an infantry transport is in the rewards list.  And it hardly ever gets used if it does spawn.  

2 minutes ago, Tales said:

If possible a couple of quads at each FOB spawned?

I can see why but i'd rather force people to work together by only giving them a limited amount of vehicles that can seat multiple people.

3 minutes ago, Tales said:

A way to auto-mute all players from command/side/global?

People shouldn't actually be able to talk in those channels but the command that does this is broken, meaning they can.  It's however something i cannot fix, you'll have to bug BI about that.

4 minutes ago, Tales said:

Reward vehicles spawn with non-OPFOR colours (Making it easier to identify friendlies for those who decide not to check their map....)

Currently the, Gorgon and strider spawn with NATO camo.  Hellcats spawn green instead of indep colours, kajman, orca, qilin, ... spawn black instead of CSAT camo.  Unfortunately there are vehicle like the mora that simply don't have a NATO or black camo.  It could be i missed a vehicle that has either a black or NATO  camo, if so please let me know and i'll fix it.

9 minutes ago, Tales said:

A helipad at each FOB which has no spawns on it; allowing pilots to land to pick up troops without fear of something spawning ontop of them

Yes i've heard this a lot and i've already fixed that in the next update.  Along with some other issues surrounding the current layout of the FOBs.

On 20-10-2017 at 3:16 PM, McKillen said:

Make rewards despawn after a period of time. Just add it in their init like all other vehicles.

Right i'm making the assumption that McKillen meant that he wanted rewards to despawn similar to any other base vehicle.  So if it's abandoned and no friendlies close.  And on top of that also when they haven't been claimed by anyone.

9 hours ago, Copey said:

[] spawn {sleep 120; deleteVehicle _reward};

At the end of this:

fn_smhintsuccess.sqf

This 'script' will make about 80-ish % of the rewards spawned by the mission get deleted 2 minutes after spawning in.  The other 20-ish % won't be affected at all.
And i don't think we want rewards to despawn after 2 minutes.  That'd make the current reward system obsolete.  

3 hours ago, Stanhope said:
12 hours ago, Copey said:

[] spawn {sleep 120; deleteVehicle _reward};

At the end of this:

fn_smhintsuccess.sqf

This 'script' will make about 80-ish % of the rewards spawned by the mission get deleted 2 minutes after spawning in.  The other 20-ish % won't be affected at all.
And i don't think we want rewards to despawn after 2 minutes.  That'd make the current reward system obsolete.  

Then you change the sleep... Even better:

[] spawn {

{

while{(player distance _x) => "distance value"}do{

sleep "time value";

if{player distance _x >= "distance"}then{

deleteVehicle _x;

};

};

}foreach _reward;

};

48 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Change The Kuma spawn @ Fob Marathon to a regular Spammer (up) ,its a curse to see a 110% end tank spawn ever.

We're talking about it.  And no i'm not talking to myself, i have indeed put it in the I&A dev telegram group.

10 minutes ago, GrandBravo said:

[] spawn {

{

while{(player distance _x) => "distance value"}do{

sleep "time value";

if{player distance _x >= "distance"}then{

deleteVehicle _x;

};

};

}foreach _reward;

};

This is indeed more like it, but doesn't really do what i want it to do. 

Or instead of all that you can use the script that already exists for the purpose of despawning vehicles. You know, use it like its meant to(or edit it)

The despawn when abandoned function is integrated in the respawn script.  We don't want side mission rewards to respawn.

17 hours ago, TheScar said:

Change The Kuma spawn @ Fob Marathon to a regular Spammer (up) ,its a curse to see a 110% end tank spawn ever.

It'll be replaced next update.

If it's possible to have a second Hummingbird at the main base since pilots almost kill each other to fly one (I have to admit that it's the only bird I'm confident to fly).

FOB Guardian. Separate the heli pickup and vehicle area. It can be quiet crowded when hunter and choppers move around. It also may be a good idea to "force" pilots to come in and leave it in a certain path (I find the big lamp post and the fuel container at the main base a good way to achieve this).

Just now, Geb said:

If it's possible to have a second Hummingbird at the main base since pilots almost kill each other to fly one (I have to admit that it's the only bird I'm confident to fly).

Right now I&A is set up to take a scripted path in the AOs towards either FOB guardian or FOB martian.  Both have a littlebird that spawns there if i'm not mistaken.  So yes the first ~8 AOs you'll only have 1, from that point onwards at least 2.

2 minutes ago, Geb said:

FOB Guardian. Separate the heli pickup and vehicle area. It can be quiet crowded when hunter and choppers move around. It also may be a good idea to "force" pilots to come in and leave it in a certain path (I find the big lamp post and the fuel container at the main base a good way to achieve this).

Yes, i've heard this one a lot and already changed it :) 
Helis will spawn on parachute jump targets, landing pads will be to land on, nothing will spawn on it.

3 hours ago, Stanhope said:

Right now I&A is set up to take a scripted path in the AOs towards either FOB guardian or FOB martian.  Both have a littlebird that spawns there if i'm not mistaken.  So yes the first ~8 AOs you'll only have 1, from that point onwards at least 2.

Snif... so no seccond Hummingbird. I find it more fitting for the play on EU1 than the goose hawk (small ammount in and out of the AO).

The next one is realy annoying. If a Helli gets disabled at the base (blades off near a building), there is no way to recover it without the help of an admin. Is it possible to respawn it when it's unable to fly (main or tail rotor is gone or engine is red)? The workaround at the moment is to drive/fly into it with an oder vehicle.

Just now, Geb said:

The next one is realy annoying. If a Helli gets disabled at the base (blades off near a building), there is no way to recover it without the help of an admin. Is it possible to respawn it when it's unable to fly (main or tail rotor is gone or engine is red)? The workaround at the moment is to drive/fly into it with an oder vehicle.

I might be able to write something that checks whether or not it has a main rotor and is near base.  And if that's the case, display a scroll wheel option to make it respawn.  Again no promises :) 

24 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

I might be able to write something that checks whether or not it has a main rotor and is near base.  And if that's the case, display a scroll wheel option to make it respawn.  Again no promises :) 

THX :D

3 hours ago, Geb said:

Huron is the biggest victim. Players will fly it into the tree beside the helipad in base. Maybe we can have one on the carrier replacing the aesthetic Black Wasp II as a backup? Pilot can teleport to take the 2nd Huron.

Edited by fir_nev
Content

3 hours ago, Geb said:

The next one is realy annoying. If a Helli gets disabled at the base (blades off near a building), there is no way to recover it without the help of an admin.

There is a way to recover (its a operation itself, you gonna take the challenge?):

1- Analysis: Rotors get stuck again after repairs, it gives 2 options for solution: A-Moving the helicopter or B-removing the object preventing rotors to get back.

2A- Driving gently (!true love, affection, passion!) with (prefer a small) vehicle against the helicopter to move it away. If there's a object preventing you from doing so, go point 2B.

2B- Blow up what is preventing the helicopter to take off or object as mentioned in 2A. Destruction of the helicopter in the proces is not a option!

3- Get it repaired and fly away.

Rather than something that annoys me - more of a suggestion; FOB Military currently spawns the AAF Gorgon in the Hanger, consideration for a NATO APC (IFV 6c Panther) replacement as a usually unseen vehicle in A&A (From my experience) and the Bobcat recovery vehicle in the hanger instead? Might change the use of the vehicle from a mid range support to move in with the infantry due to the increased armour and inability to have all its wheels blown off from a grenade and give a repair vehicle in a central map location with infantry support capability. Keeps the onus on AT infantry/Tanks/CAS to neutralise the threats both these vehicles are unable to deal with.

Edit: On the speed front though its an equal (or 2km under) top speed as the Slammer but would have a more favourable spawn than a reward tank to counter it; still as you say most would probably not take it to the AO for some extra armour and a GMG+HMG.