What are the little things that annoy you?

13 hours ago, I.Jonsson said:

Lonley soldiers randomly appear in the spawnpoint, after some uptime. I think I just might have found out how to trigger a new body appear like this, if you logoff from the server before you have spawned after death. 

Not much of a coder but this might be a place to look at. 

It's not our script so i'm reluctant to mess with it as i can't ask the guy who made it to see what i managed to break if i do break something.

19 minutes ago, Geb said:

On a side Mission we hat do clear an enemy camp. After finding the five tends, my team covert it with led and frags with no effect. So I placed a C4 charge in the middle and was able to blow up 3 of them. Then the grenadier put around six shells with no effect again. Is it possible to reduce the "armor" of those tents?

Usually it's enough to drive over them with a vehicle or have a chopper land on it.  But i'll look into having a scroll wheel option on them to enable people to destroy them that way.

20 minutes ago, Geb said:

Another thing (especially for a newbie like me), can you provide us with an Image what we are looking for on the side missions? I mean I was not expecting five one-men-tents close together when I should clear a whole Camp of a whole squad with 20 members.

If i manage to figure out how i'm certainly willing to do that yea :)

23 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

It's not our script so i'm reluctant to mess with it as i can't ask the guy who made it to see what i managed to break if i do break something.

is it a script public so there is a chanse that me and a friend can take a look at it?

EU1, when We have FOB Guardian and Telos mission spawns, there is a big chanse enemy veachles are spawning right next to or even inside the FOB Guardian, due to baseshooting restrictions there is no chanse to kill it unless you run away form base and then shoot. Maybe there should either be a script preventing Telos after FOB Guardian take over, or take it away completly! 

Cheers

9 minutes ago, I.Jonsson said:

EU1, when We have FOB Guardian and Telos mission spawns, there is a big chanse enemy veachles are spawning right next to or even inside the FOB Guardian, due to baseshooting restrictions there is no chanse to kill it unless you run away form base and then shoot. Maybe there should either be a script preventing Telos after FOB Guardian take over, or take it away completly! 

Cheers

On 4-11-2017 at 12:10 AM, Stanhope said:

I've looked at the AOs and removed those i thought were rather close to FOBs or significantly overlap.  If anyone has a main AO name that he thinks is too close to a FOB or overlaps with other AOs significantly let me know and i'll have a look into it.

Already on those kind of issues, i'll check if i've removed Telos and if i haven't remove it :) 

1. I'd say could you make the roof over the vehicles at guardian indestructable? when it collapses you have vehicles glitching and respawning in the rubble sometimes.

2. The Falcon UAV used to be buggy as hell but massively over-powered, however since Jets DLC the thing is now blind too, so just buggy and useless. Recommend removing it, as frankly I'd rather win a service van as a reward than that.

3. Free cups of tea, and biscuits would be nice.

4. maybe some kind of billboard posting what vehicles can fit in the blackfish? and what can be slingloaded? Not sure how practical this is. Maybe a map entry for it?

16 minutes ago, Nibbs said:

3. Free cups of tea, and biscuits would be nice

We have tried this before and it dosnt work. People drinking awfull lot of tea, they dont do the dishes after. Sometimes they take a break for over a hour, only eating cookies and drinking tea. So to prevent obesity and encouraging active soldiering we stopped with the cookies and tea.

12 hours ago, Nibbs said:

Oh 1 more to add.

Blackfish respawn time 1 minute :)

Blackfish servicing time 10 minutes :(

***edit***

And on that note, Kaijman should probably have a 10min rearm time to put it in keeping with the rest

Speaking of which the service time for ground vehicles (played around with the gorgon yesterday) is also quite low. I guess that is balanced by the drive to the AO?

43 minutes ago, Lindi said:

the service time for ground vehicles ( ... ) is also quite low

i 2nd that observation - i m not fully agree´ing on APC and lower vehicles,but for MBTs (mainly most side mission rewards alike) it should increase to 5-10min to fully service such a thing.

Ofc people will abuse it by using a ammo truck to service (their jets and sentinels and ... offtopic) faster so i dont see the point doing that when you not have the manpower/will to uphold changes/rules.

Is it to soon to talk about self-bombing UAVops?

:rolleyes:

kekeke

edit

i also dont understand why there s such a massive choice for pilots once FOBs come online (especially after the 2nd unlocked) - imo it just leads to more pilots flying all  over the map in order to get their prefer´d chop-chop/jet.

There´s also no need to give advanced equipment to troops on FOBs (Kajman,Orca armed,KUMA) when there should be more Marshall´s (FOB Marathon,FOB Guardian) ,more Prowler´s (any FOB) and a few more Hunter´s (any FOB)instead.

The main thing for pilots is/should be transport of troops (not flying BF to supply 1-2 vehicles for 1-4 people max or play Maverik in the sky.

And ground forces should have way more options for transport that isnt necessarily ENDGAME status.

If you want ENDGAME stuff > play side missions ( MBT,armed choppers,jets,supply vehicles)

Indeed seems like flying transport is not that fashionable at the present. The problem becomes even more obvious when the number of pilots who are actually effective in the Pawnee (and armed Orca) is quite low. The armed Orca is maybe not that bad since it can carry troops and it has a radar, but the Pawnee seems a little redundant in its current environment.

The repair script that will be in the next version will not used set times anymore.  Instead a certain time will be assigned to how long it takes for a vehicle to refuel/rearm/repair for 1%.Servicing the vehicle can at any point in time be aborted simply by driving away.  Service is done in the following order: repair, rearm, refuel.

This script (and the old one as well for that matter) to set specific times for specific vehicles.  However it's way less intensive (and in general better coding) to set specific times for categories of vehicles.  Currently we set a time for ground vehicles, one for UAVs, one for helicopters and one for jets.  AFAIK arma doesn't put its attack helicopters and transport helis in a different category, i might be wrong tho.  
I could do it for specific vehicles however this means that if a new vehicle gets added to the mission that would be an additional file to alter, something that might slip our minds possibly causing things to bug out.

Seeing how i've got to write java on paper tomorrow i'm not gonna dig into the script tonight so i don't get confused with the syntax but i'll look into what's possible tomorrow afternoon.

9 hours ago, TheScar said:

imo it just leads to more pilots flying all  over the map in order to get their prefer´d chop-chop/jet.

Just like infantry pilots can teleport to all the places where vehicles (including choppers spawn).  The teleport laptop has been given a more prominent place in the next update to hopefully get people to notice it.

There´s also no need to give advanced equipment to troops on FOBs (Kajman,Orca armed,KUMA)

As stated in here, the kuma has been replaced with a slammer UP.  The orca isn't advanced it has DAGRs which are HE missiles and a minigun.  The kajman is indeed rather advanced.  So is the slammer up, given at the same FOB.

there should be more Marshall´s (FOB Marathon,FOB Guardian) ,more Prowler´s (any FOB) and a few more Hunter´s (any FOB)instead.

At any point in time at least 6 prowlers and 4 hunters are not being used.  It's not a problem of numbers it's where they are located and how they get used.  If a single guy hops into one and drives of while there are 7 open seats in the back just to ditch the car 700 meters up the road.  Then yes you'll have shortages.  Unless i put 55 cars at each FOB.  
And at each FOB there is at least 1 either cheetah, slammer, gorgon or marshal.  Similarly at each FOB there is max 1 heavy CAS air asset and at some FOBs you'll have an additional light CAS air asset.  

Now a HMG hunter is a rather heavy car that is capable of doing some serious damage with the gun, it's in my eyes the equivalent of a light CAS heli and things like the marshal and slammers are in my eyes the equivalent of heavy CAS assets.

7 hours ago, Lindi said:

Pawnee seems a little redundant in its current environment.

Yes for most missions using the pawnee is a bad idea.  However several side missions don't spawn any AAA or AA missiles.  At those missions a pawnee could be used.  

10 hours ago, TheScar said:

Ofc people will abuse it by using a ammo truck to service (their jets and sentinels and ... offtopic) faster so i dont see the point doing that when you not have the manpower/will to uphold changes/rules.

Is it to soon to talk about self-bombing UAVops?

If you think someone is breaking the rules either report it to an admin present or submit a player report.
When public moderators and spartans are present but don't react to, something that in your eyes is, rule breaking this might be because of one of the following reasons:
1: they simply haven't noticed yet.  This can be because he/they are just playing not actively policing the server or because they have their attention on something else if they are policing.

2: They have noticed but simultaneously something else, more major, is going on.  Although we try to enforce all rules we are just humans meaning that we can only focus on one thing at a time.  And that would whichever problem is the most important.
3: They have noticed but don't feel it's an issue.  You can still ask them about it and explain why you feel it's an issue.  Just keep it civil and don't go demanding someone to be kicked.  That'll usually end up in someone else than you demanded being kicked.

And one final thing i want to add:
Just because something is available doesn't mean you have to use it.

On 8-11-2017 at 7:25 PM, Nibbs said:

Blackfish respawn time 1 minute :)

Blackfish servicing time 10 minutes :(

The new service script will fix this.  I can't tell you exactly how long the service is going to take now as it's depended on how much fuel/ammo/repairs it needs.

On 7-11-2017 at 9:36 PM, I.Jonsson said:

EU1, when We have FOB Guardian and Telos mission spawns

Telos has been removed.

On 9-11-2017 at 8:04 AM, TheScar said:
On 9-11-2017 at 7:31 AM, Lindi said:

the service time for ground vehicles ( ... ) is also quite low

i 2nd that observation - i m not fully agree´ing on APC and lower vehicles,but for MBTs (mainly most side mission rewards alike) it should increase to 5-10min to fully service such a thing.

Vehicle service for MBTs, IFVs, APCs, armed cars and unarmed cars has been given different times.  Everything depends on how much fuel/ammo/repairs they need.  But an MBT will take roughly 6 times as long to service compared to an unarmed car.

On 8-11-2017 at 12:09 PM, Nibbs said:

2. The Falcon UAV used to be buggy as hell but massively over-powered, however since Jets DLC the thing is now blind too, so just buggy and useless. Recommend removing it, as frankly I'd rather win a service van as a reward than that.

It's been removed.

On 7-11-2017 at 2:36 PM, Stanhope said:
On 7-11-2017 at 2:15 PM, Geb said:

Another thing (especially for a newbie like me), can you provide us with an Image what we are looking for on the side missions? I mean I was not expecting five one-men-tents close together when I should clear a whole Camp of a whole squad with 20 members.

If i manage to figure out how i'm certainly willing to do that yea :)

I figured out how to do it and am looking for a bunch of screenshots now :) 

I've also changed a bunch of other things.  I still don't know when this version will come out but i'm still working on it and it needs quite some testing so don't expect it live tomorrow.  

Let me keep everyone in the loop:

I&A 3.2.10 is never going to be released, simply because we chose to move on to I&A 3.3.0.  We've made this decision because of the amount of changes and what was changed.  We're currently already testing this version and i'm hoping to get it ready to go in a week or 2 tops.  I'm not making any promises tho.  By all means keep sending feedback/ideas/things that annoy you my way.  I'll try to get all of them fixed/implemented.  But of course i can't promise that i'll be able to do it.  

A little todo list i currently have:

Tweak some of the updated base designs, i noticed a few floating hedgehogs.  

Fix doors not opening on side mission objective building.
Add screenshots to most of the briefings.
Rewrite some of those briefings because my english is just terrible from time to time.
Change up where prio AA missions spawns.
Fix some locality issues with scrollwheel options
And because of an update to the TK message script you now get the variable name of a player instead of his username, that needs fixing as well :) 

Feel free to suggest other things that should be on that list.

a thing that bothered me for longer times,but i ran yesterday into it again:

Enemy Shakira´s are unbeatable as AA soldier and even for Cheetah´s its a tough call due to their patrol´ing in supersonic speed.

I literally wasted 12 AA Titans on one Shakira and that´s not the first time this thing is def to OP for being used in I+A (at least in their current state).

Suggestion:

Swap the Shakira jets with the regular To-199´s.

We still have the jets but then with a chance to have em killed not only by the AA jet user/pilot.

Also,the chance of being wiped by a jet while being on ground (inf/vehicles) is similar to non existend.

I expect the enemy air to be a bigger threat than it is current.

Before i remove the shikra i'll try to limit its speed to a max of 300-400km/h, maybe remove some of its flares, ...  If i can't get that to work i'll remove it.

And i'll write a little loop that makes it attack a target every so often, currently it's just loitering around the AO at 500m up.

On 09/11/2017 at 7:04 AM, TheScar said:

The main thing for pilots is/should be transport of troops (not flying BF to supply 1-2 vehicles for 1-4 people max or play Maverik in the sky.

And ground forces should have way more options for transport that isnt necessarily ENDGAME status.

I strongly agree with this, it's common to see 2 people in the AA jets. 1 in the blackfish, and only 2 transport. but I feel the solution to this is not to remove things like the fish, but to change the Recon JTAC role into a 6th pilot slot.

I understand Scar's sentiments on the blackfish, but it's biggest issue is no-one flys it as no-one knows how to be a passenger in it, and vice versa. I've been trying to change that during the mornings, and I do start to see people grouping up as squads in vehicles to be dropped together.

***edit*** just to add, there's usually up to 56 players who need to get to the AO most spawning at the nearest FOB, not where the vehicles are, there really should be at least 6 hunters/prowlers in each FOB to support this, is my feeling