Custom Faces and Sounds

I was talking to ScarFace yesterday, and I recounted a recent event where I ended up IFFing him by his face alone, at distance and with most of his body obscured.

On some level, it kind of irked me a bit, as it isn't exactly a realistic experience to have.

Personally, I feel that the custom faces in ArmA are best used for adding a real face onto your character, either your own or some other face you might admire; but that something clearly not resembling an actual human face doesn't belong.

3 hours ago, Amentes said:

Personally, I feel that the custom faces in ArmA are best used for adding a real face onto your character, either your own or some other face you might admire; but that something clearly not resembling an actual human face doesn't belong.

Then invent an AWE rule that only allows anything that is clearly just a human face.;) Would probably also decrease the amount of custom faces.

1 hour ago, Noah_Hero said:

Then invent an AWE rule that only allows anything that is clearly just a human face.;) Would probably also decrease the amount of custom faces.

But then we'd be accused of making rules that are discriminating against certain players - of course this wouldn't be the case, but it wouldn't stop it from happening.

Personally I'd like to just invoke the use of common sense on the issue - but I know that'll be a stretch for some people :bitch_please-min:

1 hour ago, Copey said:

But then we'd be accused of making rules that are discriminating against certain players - of course this wouldn't be the case, but it wouldn't stop it from happening.

Of course this would happen but is this really a problem when some idiots call you an idiot?:lol: Also this is your server so you can do on it everything you want to and if they don´t like it they can play anywhere else.:)

1 hour ago, Copey said:

Personally I'd like to just invoke the use of common sense on the issue - but I know that'll be a stretch for some people :bitch_please-min:

Thats what rules are for.;) Because some people always do stupid things without them.<_<

1 minute ago, Karate Pyjamas said:

It's a nitpick rule if we implement it

Yes it is but good rules should be nit-pick to cover all circumstances and to be undiscussable.

3 minutes ago, Karate Pyjamas said:

Let's test it, see what it does and if it doesn't make a difference we'll see what we'll allow.

Definitly. :) My original post was just meant as an idea in case the faces should actually come back to give a solution for Amentes mentioned Immersion-breaking problem.:)

13 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

Thats what rules are for.;) Because some people always do stupid things without them.<_<

There actually is a rule about using common sense....might have to look into using that more often

Just now, Copey said:

There actually is a rule about using common sense....might have to look into using that more often

Well but if people should apply common sense there will always be idiots trying to bow the rules with this as argument...

1 hour ago, Noah_Hero said:

Yes it is but good rules should be nit-pick to cover all circumstances and to be undiscussable.

Definitly. :) My original post was just meant as an idea in case the faces should actually come back to give a solution for Amentes mentioned Immersion-breaking problem.:)

Then you have 20 rules that nobody reads. Like before. Clarity and simplicity should suffice. If it doesn't, it falls to the staff's discretion as stated. But we're not here to discuss rules. Let's keep it on topic.