EU 2 - Dedicated Admin?

xSniper1982

Question

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it would be possible have someone on EU 2, marked as a dedicated Admin for that server.

Mainly because there are times where we have multiple teamkillers or people just trolling the server every so often,
We don't like having to constantly move to the other channels to ask an Admin to stop what they're doing and to come to help.

Just today we had to call on Chuck multiple times to deal with people just Tking or messing around with vehicles in deployment because they were ruining the experience for everyone else.

I'm sure there's a few people who are dedicated to playing almost exclusively on EU 2, as I do, that would be willing to do the work if there's no one available from the Admin team who would want to do that.

It is only a thought, but it's one that a few of us have discussed a fair amount in Teamspeak during days where the trolls come out to play.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

14 answers to this question

I can't dictate where our admins play, it's a challenging enough job without having to be restricted to what server they choose to attend. The most I can do is encourage it unfortunately, sorry I can't do more.

Hi, I know this post is kind of old but if anybody's out there......

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to admin EU2 since I play pretty much every day. The thing is, I don't know about dedicated. Dedicated sounds like 'sit there and watch for problems' to me, and I don't want to stop being a normal player i.e being in the game and completing AOs. So, not dedicated but regular. I post this now because a lot of the good EU2 regulars such as the Potato Squad are getting tired of idiots running riot without consequences.

Also, I would like to think that I'm pretty good at Zeus and I'd love to deliver a lot more variety to the players instead of AO X, AO Y, Side mission, AO Z. Although this is no doubt fun to play it can become repetitive for players who are on for a long time and see the same missions over and over.

So, yes, I'd be happy to admin EU2 and I'd also much appreciate it if i could help deliver a fresh and unpredictable experience in the process.

Also if there's a certain thing I need to do, i.e donate then i'll be happy to!

Edited by Spearhead

It's never WITHOUT consequences Spear.

One of us will always report the issues to Admin, and even if it takes a little time, they will eventually be dealt with.

The idea was to have a little more Admin presence on the server.
But like Daivd has said, they don't want to limit their staff in such a way.

I'm sure in time they will find someone to help them fill in some of the time gaps, but until then, we just have to remain patient and be sure to report those persons causing issues.

It's never WITHOUT consequences Spear.

Yeah I understand what you're saying, it's just that a lot of the time people will mess up the base (for example) and then be banned afterwards but for them it's not really a problem because they've achieved their goal and they can move on to the next 'target'. This is also why I would like to be an admin, since i play quite a lot and exclusively on EU2. So, anyway, I hope that my appeal gets through and it'd be great if anybody know a way to help me, or indeed whoever else would make a better admin, get noticed so that we can make Ahoyworld a more enjoyable place.

Also, to report somebody do i just need to poke an admin on TS?

This is how I would recommend dealing with naughty people:

1. Call for an admin in side chat. Whenever "admin" is typed in the chat it alerts them, think of it like how batman is alerted by the batsignal.

2. If you don't get any response (give it a few mins), then poke one on TS.

3. If there aren't any admins on TS (or they're afk), then use the report form ( www.ahoyworld.co.uk/pr ). If possible (or relevant) then add some screenshots/video of the naughty player doing his naughty things.

All of this is just my way of doing things and is in no way official, so use this at your own risk!

Also if any admins (or others) have anything they'd like to add to this then please do.

Yeah you can poke an admin with a short message ie (teamkiller on EU2 insert name) something like that. Or you can use the player report feature we have on the website. Go to player tools then report player. Its a google doc so its quite simple :)

Sent from my Microwave using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

As Chuck and the others said, Report, Report, Report we don't get enough report of incidents so it makes it hard to see where we are needed most

there are many ways to Report - TTJPFFR for short (yeah that'll catch on)

1. Typing admin in chat is the first most obvious way, if an admin is in game or watching RCon fro that server they'll get alerted

2. Type an ! at the start in game chat report and it goes direct to TS and all admins on there get notified in a pop up TS Chat 

3. Jump on TS

4. Poke on TS 

5. File a Forum Report it in the PalyerTools tab at the top of the site ^^ look see there it is :D

and finally don't just say Admin TK'er on Eu(whatever) supply a name, it helps get them dealth with quicker. it may also scare them off in the mean time, but we have our ways of banning or temp banning for evasionary tictacs.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, meant to say

re: the Admin and interest, that's great you guys are interested and it's noted,

get more active on the forums, get known (for good stuff) in the community, you may one day get a tap on the virtual shoulder and be added to the FA posse (some already have been) and eventually hoiked up the ladder through the ranks to admin & beyond, 

as for admins on the servers currently, you'd be surprised at how many there actually are in game on both servers, it may not seem like there is but someone's nearly always watching in one form or another ;D

Edited by Dingo
lost train of though for a moment on that other hot topic :D

There is no need for a dedicated admin we have admins on TS almost 24 hours a day and if you're polite and courteous they will be happy to help.

To echo what dingo has said report report report. But and it's a big butt (kinda like dingos (see what I did there?)) give information and don't be a dick or lazy about it. Poking me telling me to come up to a channel because you can't be arsed will not appreciated. Especially seeing as they could have just as easily typed who was doing what.

Furthermore I've noticed a worrying trend of people trying to have people kicked out of a server for no good reason. I am aware that people are trying to game the system and it will not be tolerated. Anyone caught trying to get someone kicked for anything other than a breach of the rules will find themselves on my s***list and no one wants to be on that list.