1. 1. Private Trainings

• Good idea
    • Why not
    • Not needed
    • Sh*tty Idea
  2. 2. Would you wan't to attend a "Private Training"

• Yes, There may be some things i could learn
    • No, I know everything that i need

As we realized that its hard to do trainings more often because most of regular EU3 Players prefer to play gauntlet, instead of "learning" what they already know. Me and MoonFire came up with a little idea, we could host "Private" Training Sessions for people that would want to participate in them, i could go with more advanced Ace features, Kestrel 4000, MicroDAGR, Vector 21, AgTrax and others, while MoonFire could go through all the medical stuff, obviously we don't want to interfere or compete with Rykos training sessions, but as of now,they happen once a week and not everyone can attend them because of work, and other private life activities.

Where we (Me & MoonFire) could host private trainings whenever we are online, and whenever people want to learn something.  

The trainings wouldn't be led as actual training sessions, as there would be no planned times nor topics, whenever there would be a group of people that want to learn something of, for example MicroDAGR i would just start the server and show them its features.

The main reason of this post is to see if people like the idea, and see if anyone new would like to attend something like this.

I would be more than honored if any of the regulars would like to join us, maybe find something they didn't knew out, or drop any tips from themselves.

I would also like to ask Ryko if he would be willing to provide us with his awesome training map, as i am not any good at making maps or writing scripts.

My server is not any kind of dedicated machine, nor public server do I not draw any benefits of hosting it. 

And i do not aim to advertise it with that post 

(Its a private server hosted from dedicated arma 3 server .exe file on my computer, just so everyone know)

I apologize for any typos or language fails, English is not my main language.

Cheers

Miczils

I wholeheartedly agree Smiley, and I'd love if it we as a community could set slightly higher requirements for entry on EU#3, but seeing as that's not something that's likely to happen, we've gotta work with what we have :P

Most players simply aren't gonna learn this stuff on their own, but if they're actually interested in learning, provided this service is done, then I'm all for doing it that way.

My rig is perfectly capable of hosting the training map, so I guess I'll look into setting up a dedicated .exe too then.

Great idea, I noticed yesterday when you offered to explain how to use a MicroDAGR there was a large group, including myself and other members, who were interested. It could be a useful tool to help players particularly if you offer, most people don't like to ask for help, there are exceptions of course but it seems to be a general mentality and this is a better solution than putting players down when they get something wrong.

[EDIT] I forgot to add that I'd be happy to help out with whatever I can do Miczils

Im really happy to see positive answers. 

Stuff you listed above is already pretty well explained on YouTube; I'd much rather see training in how they could be combined with other features available on EU#3 than just basic knowledge of the item/feature itself; which is easily aquirable all over the internet.

I know about that, but as of what i have seen. Many people don't even bother looking into it, i would love to see MicroDAGR in everyday use with for example coordinating CAS fire missions. Yesterday one person asked me how it worked, and it soon turned into me showing other 8 people how it actually works, the surprising thing is that 2 of them were people who are in here pretty long time. Everyone was amazed, i think if we show people that things like that exist, we can also show them how to use them combined as you said.  
Amentes has made a very good point about that.

Just an idea but you could look into maybe requesting to use a server of ahoy maybe the one that is going to be the dev server so that people can continue playing on eu3 if they choose. 

I was thinking of that, but i just don't want to put so much on Core staff, specially that training doesn't require a lot of resources,we as community can easily do it ourselves.

Thanks for answers and your opinions!

@Miczils; + for effort of stepping forward to train new meat. It is far easier to make videos and just point how to use equipment, you don't have to explain every time somebody joins the server for the first time. I salute your effort because some of us play to that point of realistic type. Previous we tend to explain people while equipping for the mission; "on-the-fly" and "shadowing" so of sort.

Be aware:

Dedicated training for use of equipment is something far different from other training. In the end you need to integrate all other class of training. On the field, in combat it will take on a whole another level of preparation. One of examples are well known "back-blast clear" - where assets see the Destroyer of their Worlds (MBT), start to panic and don't call the shots. Stuff like that happens. And with proper training should be bypassed easily and all the time.

Someone suggested taking Ahoy Servers for training sessions. I don't want to cut off other guys who want to play actual missions. Since I don't have PC nor a connection to host a server, when couple of guys showed interest in learning something how to use, or how to react or respond to certain moments, we would switch to team that hasn't being used when population of server was low. So people can populate first two squads. Or explain "on-the-fly" while "shadowing" because we are all fast learners.

For equipment training - yes go for it. And also explain people why we don't use long range ballistics type of strategy for ROE on EU#3. Mother and Father of Rules.

If we had proper camp for training, yes I'd love to drive around the camp with cabrio HMMWV and my Ray-Bans.

Still if you train fresh meat. There's AC for you. ;).

The only solution for my problem is to shadow. So, if any of the seniors see my name in EU3, do not hesitate to point me to the training squad.

I believe Ryko's training sessions are recorded, so you could try that as well.

I believe Ryko's training sessions are recorded, so you could try that as well.

Errr... yeah, supposed to be (at least by me) but I'm always popping around dealing with stuff so if someone has recorded the individual sessions that'd be great.

-R

I realise I cannot make it for any of the trainings if held in the evenings due to the different time zones.

The only solution for my problem is to shadow. So, if any of the seniors see my name in EU3, do not hesitate to point me to the training squad.

It's never too late to learn, thanks for putting in effort to improve  ;)

If you ever need help with anything, feel free to ask man; we're here for ya!

The funny part is that he didn't mention this to me until someone asked me when will it be thanks Miczils

It was your idea sneaky skrubzord

Im really happy about the positive answers.

Thank's to everyone for opinions, and usefull ideas.

Il try to get the idea in life, il sort the map stuff out. And well, see how it goes.

It was your idea sneaky skrubzord

Im really happy about the positive answers.

Thank's to everyone for opinions, and usefull ideas.

Il try to get the idea in life, il sort the map stuff out. And well, see how it goes.

I still have trouble to recall the time I mentioned we could use your server haha......