Side Mission Rewards.

Xwatt

Question

Lately on EU1, it has came to me that the side mission rewards are quite biased towards pilots.

after hours and hours of playing, most side rewards are pilot based, whereas you won't see that much ground vehicles compared to air vehicles.

for example:

Most Side Rewards consist of: Hellcats, Orca's, Taru's, Blackfoots, etc. 

Whereas you will see less: Slammers, Kuma's, T-100's, and other APC Vehicles.

I feel this is a problem because they are quite biased and only 5 pilots can use these rewards whereas the other 55 players can't.

My second suggestion is getting rid of some of the rewards, like the mobile mortar truck, which is fairly useless, and also things like the Mora and the Marshall that already spawn by deafult, and possibly replacing them with things like a Marid and a BTR - Kamysh and a Tigris.

So Overall, My suggestion is that maybe the reward system could be tweaked a bit so it is more focused towards the ground troops more than the pilots on the server.

Thank You.

-Xwatt

Most Side Rewards consist of: Hellcats, Orca's, Taru's, Blackfoots, etc. 

Whereas you will see less: Slammers, Kuma's, T-100's, and other APC Vehicles.

I feel this is a problem because they are quite biased and only 5 pilots can use these rewards whereas the other 55 players can't.

My second suggestion is getting rid of some of the rewards, like the mobile mortar truck, which is fairly useless, and also things like the Mora or the PONY variants and the Marshall that already spawn by deafult, and possibly replacing them

So Overall, My suggestion is that maybe the reward system could be tweaked a bit so it is more focused towards the ground troops more than the pilots on the server.

this so god damn much!

There should be a kind of pool/lottery system that works rewards,so its a bit mixed,prop. with a exclusion script so you dont get a BF,then a BF and again a BF ...

Ground Troops should def get some more credit,after all were doing the work while the Pilots will most likely screw BF/Kajmans and the Fake10 on entry/shortly after (proven fact,80% of the time,no offense)

And imo a tank crew bonds people nicely into the kind of COOP I+A is/should be so focused on!

Additional Vehicles for reward list:

• Strider HMG
  • FriT HMG
  • ZSU Tigris
  • 2nd Bobcat
  • 2nd Med HMTT

My 0,02 $

I also agree with this.

I think that regarding the air rewards, the light attack helis should become the most common air reward, as they aren't OP and they can also still transport infantry.

The BF and Kajman should be made MUCH rarer, if not completely removed.

The A-10 should be replaced by the (weaker) Buzzard CAS, and possibly be made a bit more common (the A-10 is very rare).

Unless we can get NATO skins for CSAT vehicles, it's a bad idea to have the Ifrit as a reward, also since we have Hunters (and should get Striders) there's no need.

Some of my other ideas from my (old) rewards topic:

"Taru Medical:

I know this is already a reward vehicle, but I see it VERY rarely, so I think this chance of this spawning should be increased a lot as it's a very useful helicopter.

Offroad variants:

I don't quite know what is possible here, but we already have the mortar truck, so I was thinking it might be possible to add similar vehicles but with different weapons. For example, a titan AT/AA launcher or a 20mm cannon."

To scar: I'll get you back!

I do agree with this.

But the reason I did start this topic was to say that Ground vehicles should be more common than air vehicles for the side rewards as more players can benefit from them, but you have stumbled on to a good point here.

Attack helicopters should be VERY RARE, and getting the Orca or the Hellcat (Armed Version) is already VERY COMMON. Like there was one day, I was playing with pepper, Scar and Iran, and 4 armed Hellcats spawed in a row over 4 side missions.

yes having the Ifrit and the Strider spawn would be useless, I can agree with you on that one. I also said things that already spawn by default for us, like the Marshall, Mora and the useless Mobile mortar truck should be replaced by other side rewards that we as NATO wouldn't see very often.

As for the NATO, CSAT and AAF skins, The T-100, Kuma, Orca, Taru  and the Hellcat spawn in their faction colours anyway, and this has never been a problem concerning Friendly fire as long as you are careful when using them, so for this, I say things like the BTR, ZSU and Marid should be side rewards, and NATO skins for them are very welcome if that is possible.

.... in addition to this topic,from a session i played for around 8h over the day i saw following rewards by side missions :

• 4 Pony´s
  • 2 Fake10
  • 2 BF´s
  • 1 Kajman
  • 1 Taru
  • 1 Marshall
  • 1 T100
  • 1 Mortar Truck

So,considering the above mentioned (valid) points i´d srsly like to have this sorted a bit more fair,please.

And yea,i agree that the Fake10 should be tthe ultimate "rare" reward,the Buzz CAS seems like a better way of giving credit without OPing something ...

And no,dont limit the Carryall,k,thx,bye

Sincerly yours

Scar

.... in addition to this topic,from a session i played for around 8h over the day i saw following rewards by side missions :

• 4 Pony´s
  • 2 Fake10
  • 2 BF´s
  • 1 Kajman
  • 1 Taru
  • 1 Marshall
  • 1 T100
  • 1 Mortar Truck

So,considering the above mentioned (valid) points i´d srsly like to have this sorted a bit more fair,please.

And yea,i agree that the Fake10 should be tthe ultimate "rare" reward,the Buzz CAS seems like a better way of giving credit without OPing something ...

And no,dont limit the Carryall,k,thx,bye

Sincerly yours

Scar

I can honestly say, that is appalling. and you played for how long, 8 hours? I mean 10 Air vehicle rewards and 3 for the ground troops, (the mortar truck sucks anyway) and the Marshall already spawns by default. so this kind of proves a point here, that the side reward system needs more tweaking to compensate for the ground troops more.

Wow those statistics are far worse than I thought. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to give so much to the pilots and so little to everyone else.

I think that the ground rewards should make up around 70%-80% of all side mission rewards, since the ground forces make up over 90% of the players on the server.

What I don't understand is why no admins (etc) have done anything about this yet, or at least contribute in some way to this issue. I can't imagine the changes would be too hard to implement, even if it's done as a trial to see how the changes to the rewards would effect the gameplay.

Changing the numbers is quite easy actually,well i havnt looked at the actual script/calculation of chance of possibilty,i m to lazy to begin with.

And once again i´d vote for a lottery script liek mentioned in my previous post to make it a bit more "unpredictable".

After all,it all comes down to who writes it and is willling to spend their spare time on it (expect a few alpha and beta processes till it works flawless for a unlimited amount of server up-time).

Ranting is fine,but finding a doable fix/change is the key thing on this ....

;)

Any novel ideas for other rewards?

ForFor example (bacon will kill me now cause I have no idea if this is feasible or not)

How about a vehicle depot somewhere on the map where missions don't spawn but closer to potential action than the airfield? It may not be much use immediately but if a mission spawns nearby you could get a heli ride to the depot and role into the ao from there?

Or maybe 55 suvs or hatchback sports???

Any novel ideas for other rewards?

• Offroad Repair    (that yellow one from the blasphemic cart DLC)
  • 2nd Bobcat   (god damn pubs use Bobcat Base for illiterate tours into AO´s/Side Missions > limit fuel amount of Bobcat base)
  • ORCA unarmed / with ORCA skin    (self explaining)
  • Strider HMG / with AAF camo skin
  • Hunter / with Wasp skin

People need to care more for side missions anyway,so give em something to work for (worked with SteamHats too) and make em treat their rewards fairly gentle ...

See how i didnt put a PINK KUMA in there?

Eh?

Eh?

:lol:

And im  not even commenting on the FOB idea *cough* no *cough*

Dont make it even easier for cowardoodies,please ...

VENGA BOYZ dance attack!

I believe a mission update is coming soon. This week sometime. I'll forward this up and hopefully get some attention drawn to it. This has been noticed!

Good to hear! No more 4 armed hellcats in a row, eh?  ;)

Also, Is it possible to get rid of some of the more useless rewards, Like the mobile mortar truck and the Marshall and Mora that spawn by default and get them replaced for something, a little different? (As I mentioned in some of the other posts above). something more Beneficial then I mobile mortar truck and mora, something that makes doing side missions a little more... "worth it" :)  

Having played a bit more watching the different added/rewarded stuff i have to point out that the spawn-chance/reward-chance of the Gorgon is way to high,its nearly the new Fake10 of rewards now  ;)

Better increase the % of Strider-HMG and decrease the % of mentioned Gorgon by min. 10% ...

Not a gamebreaker,but noticable !

but mobile mortar truck has to be one of my favourites 

Yuk! :blink:

King of the Memes! I personally haven't taken a peek at the rewards but mobile mortar truck has to be one of my favourites 

Curse you and your mobile mortar trucks  :wacko:

Would rather commit suicide then step foot in to one of them things.

64561057.jpg

... since a few weeks and by now i m getting sick of the biased Side Reward list 

Out of 10 sides its min 6 times a Pilot only reward and the usual stock Mora and Slammer - its been ages since i got my hands on a KUMA early and by all means adapt the reward list asap!

Dont make me complain here every 2nd day again ( i will and you know it )

Resistance is futile,so change the side rewards on the nxt build to a proper niveau!