War for Altis - Act 1 Mission 2 Modded Zeus Ops 19/01/20 @ 17:00 UTC

JANXOL

Date:

17:00 UTC

Expected mission length: 120+ min (might be over or under)

Act 1 - Prelude to a Nightmare

Part 2

There are still many who dare not utter the words "civil war", but few words can be better used to describe situation on Altis. The insurgents are clearly more bold, more aggressive than they've been until now. It is clear they feel confident. It is clear they have support from outside. The conflict is very likely to escalate and Altian military must be prepared for anything that the insurgency may have in store.

So far, the situation is not as grim as it could be. The insurgents are strong in numbers and are getting equipment and support from outside, but Altian military put a dent in their confidence. The insurgent attempts at destroying the island's infrastructure were largely ineffective, in no small part due to swift response from Altian military. After several days of intense fighting the insurgents were ultimately forced to fall back and the Altian government called this a victory. A victory it might be, but the civil war is far from over.

The enemy we feared was finally revealed. During recent fighting Freedom's operatives were spotted among the insurgent troops and there's absolutely no doubt now - Freedom is on Altis and they are helping the insurgents in their fight. Freedom's troops are bound to be better trained and equipped than an average insurgents and it is only a matter of time before their material support and training operations improve the fighting capabilities of the insurgency even further. The enemy may have retreated for now, but they will not stop fighting.

It is time to strike, before the enemy has recovered from their losses. A blow must be dealt to the insurgency that will show them what they are standing against. A blow that will show them that we will not wait idle while they're gathering forces. If it is war they wanted, they shall have it.

While a major operation against the insurgents is under preparation, the Altian forces seek any opportunity to disrupt and slow down insurgent activities. Many pay the ultimate price, falling victim to traps and stray bullets.

Meanwhile, Gatekeeper contract with Russia was officially signed and a large contingent of Gatekeeper troops transferred to Russian bases in Syria, preparing for a demonstration of new equipment and naval invasion capabilities. Several days ago a Russian missile destroyer violated Altian territorial waters. The vessel turned back eventually, claiming a navigation error, but no apologies were offered.

In a sudden surge of optimism the altian clock goes back one minute. It is now three minutes to midnight...

thumb.thumb.jpg.e41efac439c8cd60ebf8cf8d8d9ad919.jpg

The Assets

Player faction: Altian military + US special forces support

Player slots: 36

- PLATCO - 4 man command element

- 3 Infantry Squads - Alpha, Bravo, Charlie - 8-man each (4-man fireteam, 3-man maneuver team + engineer - effectively two 4-man fireteams)

- Razor - a 6 man US special forces team.

- Vortex - a US air unit equipped with AH-6 and MH-6 helicopters

- Various wheeled transport vehicles

The mission

We have received intel that several insurgent leaders are scheduled to meet in the area. It present an opportunity to deal a blow to enemy chain of command which we cannot pass. It is also possible that Freedom's representative will be meeting with them. Both the insurgent leaders and the Freedom representative are High Value Targets which we must eliminate or capture - the intel they could provide could be significant.

The modset:

The modset didn't change, but I'm putting it here for anyone who might need it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1944287184

Hope to see you there!

Great mission!  Thanks to Janxol and Zeuses.

I only have feedback to server settings:

1) stamina recovery is still really bad (setting?), once you exhaust yourself, its takes inredibly long time sitting to recover and until you do, you cant run at all

2) medics had Surgical Kits (for stitching), but cannot use them, even in vehicles

I'm guessing that vehicles or locations need to be flagged to enable SK use, you might want to ease on that - at least allow all vehicles if possible.

3) the overall medical - I know nothing about new settings, but if possible,  we might want to make rly badly wounded people just die, instead of nursing them back to health from 0 BP and no heart rate.

Its fun for us medics, but for players to be lying unconsious for 15 minutes - it might be better to just respawn.

Not sure how others feel about this, so something to consider and get feedbacks on.

6 minutes ago, kman said:

Great mission!  Thanks to Janxol and Zeuses.

I only have feedback to server settings:

1) stamina recovery is still really bad (setting?), once you exhaust yourself, its takes inredibly long time sitting to recover and until you do, you cant run at all

2) medics had Surgical Kits (for stitching), but cannot use them, even in vehicles

I'm guessing that vehicles or locations need to be flagged to enable SK use, you might want to ease on that - at least allow all vehicles if possible.

3) the overall medical - I know nothing about new settings, but if possible,  we might want to make rly badly wounded people just die, instead of nursing them back to health from 0 BP and no heart rate.

Its fun for us medics, but for players to be lying unconsious for 15 minutes - it might be better to just respawn.

Not sure how others feel about this, so something to consider and get feedbacks on.

1. I believe we adjusted it but we will take a look if it still needs adjustments.

2. They should've been. Vehicles with at least two (logical) passenger seats should've been set as medical. I only learned about this problem after the mission, otherwise I would have fixed it (If I could)

3. You can still die instantly if hit badly enough. It is also possible to go unconscious and die within a couple seconds from bloodloss. Cardiac arrest doesnt mean you're not saveable, especially by a skilled medic. I believe people are still getting used to new medical so possibly things aren't as fast as they could be. Still the medics are doing a wonderful job getting people back from what I have seen.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the mission. The campaign will continue next week.

And as a side note, I am actually the only zeus there.

36 minutes ago, kman said:

The longest someone was out tonight (afaik) was 7.5 minutes, that being xwatt.  Most of that time was spend waiting for blood (2.5 liters of blood) to get back into him. If the flow-rate of IVs was increased a bit that could probably be cut down to 5 minutes or so.  But once I did get him up he was immediately ready to start shooting people