Tactical's KOTH Highlights

Tactical

Combat landings from a KOTH match earlier today. I finished 2nd on the leaderboard and my team lost by ONE POINT. @Norris and @Xwatt like to poke fun of me saying I land with auto-hover - no sir. I usually land without letting the skids touch the ground so I can take off faster, and never with auto-hover unless I'm just chilling at base waiting for people to hop in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzldxFerSNg&feature=youtu.be

@Gambit "you would have lost your main rotor at least twice" I was close to loosing my rotor twice in the video like you said, but had just enough space for the Heli.

"The very first landing you did, you tried to use the building as cover, yet you still landed on the far side of the compound, exposing yourself." I had to wait for my passengers to jump out, the last one jumped from the Heli when I was exposed. You can see that happen a few times in the video.

"In KOTH these might work, but AI is far more efficient with lock on missiles and everything else." Yeah I know, this type of flying is pretty much worthless in I&A

"And just curious, because i dont really like compilation videos, how many landings didn't make into this video. How many ended up in flaming wrecks." I was shot to death twice and took an RPG once which resulted in failed landings. In the leaderboard at the end, you can see the 3 helis I lost while flying.

"What about the 99% J-hook landings?...Flying is so much more than just speed" I agree, but in KOTH speed is everything - get in, get out as fast as you can alive so your team can earn points by controlling the AO. Fastest way to do that is holding collective lower into a tight turn. It's also very difficult to shoot the pilot from the ground on that approach, and that's also why I usually land banked to the right - I'm less exposed to ground fire as the pilot. Anyone can make that approach with a bit of practice, however I separate myself from other pilots in my ability to make quick adjustments and keep the skids off the ground even in very tight spaces where there is little room for error. A good example of that is at the 2minute mark, I was able to bleed my speed and "land" between some buildings and next to a burned out car in the space of 200m-300m. 

"Be consistent, They want to get there, they want to fight. Help them achieve their goal." The way the point systems work in KOTH in based on the $ and XP you earn. As a pilot, you earn that by successful insertions and getting kill assists from people you dropped off. Not only did I complete a shit ton of successful insertions, but those players survived and went on to kill enemies in the AO. I'm not just flying into the AO and landing anywhere I can, I watch the map ALOT and use shift+click to pick LZs near teammates or the priority zone. That is how I was able to get #2 on the leaderboard, top 5 is a normal game for me - does that meet your definition of consistent? 

I don't remember saying I was the 3rd best pilot in the world. However, I have only played with two pilots I know are better than me - and this video was to show I'm not talking out my ass saying that, and in response to Norris and Xwatt saying I land with auto-hover. 

49 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

2:30: your main rotor gets fully destroyed and magically repaired at least 4 times in under a second

@Stanhope I'm  not sure what the damage settings are for Helis on that CodeFour server, but I've definitely noticed that I can get away with bumping into buildings and such at low speeds without breaking my main rotor or blowing up. On the AH I&A server, it's more sensitive for sure. 

1 hour ago, Stanhope said:

2:30: your main rotor gets fully destroyed and magically repaired at least 4 times in under a second

noticed that aswell XD, very interesting thing indeed.

i also noticed that you really like to use walls and fences as landing zone any reasoning behind this?

And i suggest that if you want to prove yourself to people from this server you actually do it on this server, instead of in a gamemode that has precisely nothing in common with what we do here.

Anyhow, welcome to Ahoyworld i hope you enjoy your stay!

I agree, but in KOTH speed is everything - get in, get out as fast as you can alive so your team can earn points by controlling the AO. Fastest way to do that is holding collective lower into a tight turn. It's also very difficult to shoot the pilot from the ground on that approach, and that's also why I usually land banked to the right - I'm less exposed to ground fire as the pilot. Anyone can make that approach with a bit of practice, however I separate myself from other pilots in my ability to make quick adjustments and keep the skids off the ground even in very tight spaces where there is little room for error. A good example of that is at the 2minute mark, I was able to bleed my speed and "land" between some buildings and next to a burned out car in the space of 200m-300m. 

dont you worry, i wasnt asking how you do it, rather asking for the why. A lof of the situations you describedw can be solved with out of trim cutbacks, and it is even faster.

The way the point systems work in KOTH in based on the $ and XP you earn. As a pilot, you earn that by successful insertions and getting kill assists from people you dropped off. Not only did I complete a shit ton of successful insertions, but those players survived and went on to kill enemies in the AO. I'm not just flying into the AO and landing anywhere I can, I watch the map ALOT and use shift+click to pick LZs near teammates or the priority zone. That is how I was able to get #2 on the leaderboard, top 5 is a normal game for me - does that meet your definition of consistent? 

Sadly, no. First off, you dont have to meet my standards. Being on top of a leaderboard in a ranking system that has absolutely no correlation with the scenario we are playing on AhoyWorld sadly doesnt prove anything. Im not the one to be convinced here. FYI, ive been flying on a 2.5-3 hours zeus op, without losing a heli. Does it matter? Sadly, no. Gotta do it a thousand times, then it might start to matter.

I have only played with two pilots I know are better than me

your opinion, but here is mine :     give it time my friend, just give it time.

In regards of your 30 min video, i watched the first takoff-landing-egress so far (will watch it in the foreseeable future), and i can see a few flaws. You rely on luck, take unnecessary risks and disregard others. LZ was cold, EZPZ, anybody could land in that space with a little bit of practice, and there was no problem with it so im gonna skip it over. On the other hand...

The ingress, you opened the map while mid flight, low altitude with significant speed and lingered on the map for more than 10 seconds. Trees, lamp posts, heck, even bushes are a threat at that altitude, yet you didnt give a fck about it.

Egress, another hummingbird heading your way, with speed, low altitude, close distance. Your evasion was to overfly him. At that split second, you gave up control. What if the other pilot's reaction was the same? What if you would have taken off of your lz a second later? Luckily you scared the other pilot into indecision. That save wasnt skill, it was pure luck.

I dont want to spoil the rest of the footage for myself, since i dont have enough time to watch its full length now, but if you want to go over it either in private or in public, i am willing to share my critique, maybe point out what you doing right and what you could improve on. It would be nice to share some of it with the others, they might learn from it too. (Maybe we can do it private first, then pick and choose what you are willing to share) or you know, just say no and ill leave it at that.

Oh and if you want to keep schooling me about how to land a helicopter and explain how and why a J-turn landing is done, i suggest you go over my transport heli 101 (on this very forum, if you need i can send the direct link to it - which is about to be expanded on, as soon as i am finished with polishing the material and got it peer reviewed), really basic stuff, just so you dont try to teach me things i already know about.

I hope you dont take this wall of text as picking on you. You might see your skills as the best, and im not here to race. Being a pilot is serving, one might say self sacrifice. I think you get the point.

Anyway, offer still stands, if you want i will try to help you transition your koth experience into a bigger scale and longer mission environment. 

Have a good one

@Gambit It would be easier to compare apples to apples and not KOTH to COOP.

The reason I mention the leaderboards so much is, it is a quantifiable measurement of how much value a player provides their team during a match. I "consistently" rank higher than any other pilot on KOTH servers by "consistently" delivering my teammates to the AO alive, with cover, and near other teammates.

Since you didn't watch the full 30min uncut gameplay video here's the summary: 45 insertions, 0 deaths, and 0 crashes. 

The highlight video I posted earlier: 110 insertions, 3 deaths while flying, and 0 crashes.

15 hours ago, Gambit said:

The ingress, you opened the map while mid flight, low altitude with significant speed and lingered on the map for more than 10 seconds. Trees, lamp posts, heck, even bushes are a threat at that altitude, yet you didnt give a fck about it.

It's hard to tell in the video, but there was nothing in front of my Heli, and it gains altitude when I have the map open.  You'll see me do this on every approach to the AO in the video. 

Egress, another hummingbird heading your way, with speed, low altitude, close distance. Your evasion was to overfly him. At that split second, you gave up control. What if the other pilot's reaction was the same?

I was hoping the other pilot would overact and crash. That would have meant less enemies in the AO, and I didn't care if we collided and died because my teammates were already on the ground.

Oh and if you want to keep schooling me about how to land a helicopter and explain how and why a J-turn landing is done, i suggest you go over my transport heli 101 (on this very forum, if you need i can send the direct link to it - which is about to be expanded on, as soon as i am finished with polishing the material and got it peer reviewed), really basic stuff, just so you dont try to teach me things i already know about.

I wasn't trying to "school" you, if you remember, you asked me this question:

On 9/5/2019 at 1:45 AM, Gambit said:

What about the 99% J-hook landings? There are far more landing types out there for every situation. Barrier landing, out of trim cutback, etc. Every situation requires to use the appropriate landings.

And I answered - here is the summary: I use J-hook landings because....

1. As the pilot, I am less exposed to ground fire

2. It's difficult to target 

3. It's very fast

It's cool if you want to call it luck, if not skill.  I'll take that, in fact I'll even change my name and wear it is a badge of honor. Thanks for the reply. 

A lof of the situations you describedw can be solved with out of trim cutbacks, and it is even faster.

It's not faster - and if you think I'm wrong, post a video proving it. At 17:15 in the video I bleed my speed and land between some buildings, in a fenced yard, in the space of 100m-150m. 

image.thumb.png.ee3069afa5c3484bf8a05672eea84c31.png

You need proof? As you constantly say (shall i say brag?) that you've met only 2 better pilots than yourself, i refer you to Misconduct's (you said he is one of em) and his signature out of trim (pedal turn to opposite side) and pull back half J turn, or in short: out of trim cutback landing. For a video to prove it; You can find it in his videos, if im correct he even explains it in one of his videos how to do it with control visualization. Need more? You want to see me do it? Im not your circus animal to make tricks for food(or forum posts). Im not a one trick pony, the circus cant afford me.

Im not here to compare myself to you, you started bragging and still keep on bragging, trying to establish some hierarchy. I told you im not picking on you, im merely trying to help transition your experience in koth to large scale missions like I&A (you admitted yourself that those two are different and some of your practiced moves arent much use on this server), yet you still want to make this a digital dong measuring contest. If you think you are soo good, then why bother recording proof and arguing about, trying to convince us(me?) that you are the best ever pilot that graced us on this server with his presence, when clearly us, lesser beings dont know jack shit about piloting skills in your opinion.

Its useless to compare koth to I&A, nothing alike as youve said it (then why post koth videos as proof when you know that doesnt compare), and ive told you, im not the one you should persuade about your skills, but you keep uploading and showing off videos from koth, like its the epitome of arma piloting, and all should bow down for the regular top 5 finishers. I'll rarely be on the ground to be your passenger, to be frank i dont really care how well you do in koth, or in whatever you do elsewhere, i care about AW players and their goals. But you still want to make this a contest, you are still being arrogant, even hostile, and im not going to waste more of my time to try to help you. I mistakenly thought that your attitude is just a defense mechanism when questioned or genuine misunderstanding of banter. Your asnwers prove me wrong. Clearly you think you dont need advice, especially from me. 

Therefore, my offer of atually putting in time and effort out of my free time to help you, is withdrawn.

Just one more thing. If your attitude, "you are the star of the show and if anybody questions your skills you refuse to believe it" doesnt change, you will not be a great pilot, ever. You will not know what self sacrifice is, you will not know that the greatest pilots are in the background, they are never the stars, because a pilot must be responsible, selfless, striving for perfection, not for applause. A good pilot is the most happy when he executes the perfect landing and the fact that he helped his fellow soldiers to reach their goal is enough for him, doesnt need anybody else's cheering roaring voice to validate him. A good pilot knows, and thats enough. For you, clearly it is just some kind of a leaderboard thing, trying to prove that you are the best, no matter what, and anybody that disagrees must be an idiot.

Between you and me, i know im not the best. But i can strive for more, ive been doing that since OFP trough every single arma title, thats why im practicing constantly, looking where can i improve. You dont even want to improve because in your mind you are already there. Thats the difference between you and me. And that is why im gonna leave this conversation as is.

Have a nice day, and clear sky. Surely we will meet on the servers.

4 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

With all due respect, this is the biggest pile of bs I've come across on this forum in a loooong time

I'm curious to learn more - based on what reasoning? It's easy to say that without providing a justification. I gain points by landing my teammates in the AO, and if they survive and go on to kill enemies, I get points as kill assists. You literally get rewarded with $ and XP by helping your team win as a pilot.

@Gambit Here is the video you are referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH4fAHPW9zE

Misconduct starts the "out of trim cutback landing" at 5:55 

He does a very fast one at 8:20, and I'll admit it looks like his landing and mine take roughly the same amount of distance to bleed the speed off at around 100m-150m.

image.thumb.png.09116eed95a491c417641c602013616d.png

However, I think even you could admit this is almost guaranteed suicide in first person, especially if the LZ is near any obstructions. By nosing up like that you wouldn't be able to see your lz or any obstructions so landing it tight spaces would result in a lot of crashes.

image.thumb.png.0bbb21c78bebfdea0a5b17b4119c264b.png

33 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

rifleman is still the most valuable person around as he's the one actually doing the objective

I'm not comparing myself to riflemen. I'm comparing myself to other pilots. I routinely do more to help my team win (measured by $ + XP) than any other pilot in Arma KOTH servers. I've provided video proof of that as well.

From the first video, the nearest pilots had a little more than 1/2 as many insertions as me:

Mengul: 66

dbird: 68

Tactical: 110

image.png.39289d97d827393c5c11e28ba78876df.png

From the second video after 30min in the match:

image.png.c03038a7d7d2877adec2ab582f204494.png

@Lindi @Admiralbumfluff It all started when I decided to play something different than KOTH and found myself on the AH I&A server. I was kicked for crashing two Ghost Hawks if I remember right - I came back the next day and I claimed something to the effect of "I'm probably the best MH9 pilot to ever fly in your server" and that's what started the beef with me and @Gambit@Xwatt@Norris. When I started flying the MH9 @Xwatt and @Norris said I was landing with autohover. I came into the forums to show that no I don't land with autohover and back up my boasting about KOTH servers.