Looking for opinions

Hi guys

I was looking on the suggestion mods and map for the enhanced server and saw one for the Chernarus Redux map. I saw that the staff mentionned that it required CUP, thus the idea was scrapped.

Since there was a recent poll about the quantities and sizes of mods used, and if it was too much or not enough. I wanted to know if the staff had the same opinion than before.

That map require only the CUP terrain core, which is about 3,55 gigs. That could open a new possibility of other maps with CUP without having all the CUP stuff we don't need.

Like i said, i don't want to officially request it if the majority of users are against the return of CUP, even if it's only for the maps. I had a great time in Chernarus, and would like to see it in the Enhanced server.

1 hour ago, Joebillibob said:

That map require only the CUP terrain core, which is about 3,55 gigs. That could open a new possibility of other maps with CUP without having all the CUP stuff we don't need.

CUP Terrains Core is 5.7GB.  Chernarus Redux is 1.9GB. Total package size would be 7.6GB for one map.

1 hour ago, Ryko said:

CUP Terrains Core is 5.7GB.  Chernarus Redux is 1.9GB. Total package size would be 7.6GB for one map.

I must have looked in the wrong section then. I get why it was removed. That's a lot of space only for 1 map.

Thanks for the input!

Yeah, the CUP maps are quite nice for a bit of nostalgia and overall play ability but I wouldn't say that the quality over-rights the quantity in terms of mod size.

The maps we currently have are still incredibly fun and though they may get boring to some, that is purely because we are playing the same missions inn the same areas in the same play style. (fly there or just drive there, do it then go home)

With the amazing flexibility and freedom that Stiletto has to offer, there is an infinite amount of things we can do to spice things up. Plus having Zues along can help us create entire scenarios in areas we would never do missions, be it a islet not deemed sufficient enough for a regular mission or just an area where the missions hardly if ever spawn at.

As much as I'd love some of the CUP maps as well as the glorious Chernarus, it's just not worth the size. Not that mod size has ever been an issue for me but I know people are keen on trying to keep it as little as possible and even a little more simplistic. After all, the simpler things in life are often the best.

Again, I can't stress enough how good Stiletto is and the fact that if we just use our imaginations and decide to do things a bit more differently regularly, we'll cover a magnitude of amazing scenarios we hardly if ever play on AWE.