[AWE] [GAMENIGHT] Prometheus Series - OP: Atlas - by KPJ

Karate Pyjamas

When : Saturday 30th September, 1845 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)  

Server: EU3/AWE

Briefing / Planning: 1830 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)

Mission Start: 1900 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)  

Map: Altis

Mods: Standard AWE

First person lock: No

Loadouts: Pre-set with limited supplies

Respawns: Yes

Mission Length: ~120 minutes.

Factions: BLUFOR (USMC) vs OPFOR (SPA, Russian equipped)

JIP: Available

Number of Slots: 40-ish (with 1 Zeus operator)

Current Roster, definitely not finalhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1224d13vb_pIzLRNprwLE0gfxvNohuBkmW-r4MXcZZxE/edit?usp=sharing

Debrief:

The time of day we picked to do the beachhead assault turned out to be perfect, a gentle fog rolled in obscuring our movements and the enemy didn't realize until we were right on top of them. Their reinforced positions turned out to be no match for our units. The push into Stavros went steady and carefully. If only we didn't get our hopes up about their weak resistance up until now. The second push we did into Neochori turned into a bloodbath, our gunfire had directed all of their units to hold up in a single road spanning Neochori from south to north. The streets turned red from the blood from both sides. Their mobile machineguns wrecked Bravo Squad before they even knew they were being engaged.

The SPA is also recruiting suicide bombers as we had a civilian vehicle running laps through the town, only to detonate prematurely on its first direct contact.

Afterwards, we headed to a military structure which had intel that the SPA has heavy armour available, though their drivers may not be competent, it's something to look out for. Raiding that base was a wise move as we also found RPG-7's which we could use against their armour.

An informant was holding up just outside that base and ran towards us when we were just about to enter Lakka. The SPA is now using mines in a desperate attempt to keep us away from them, the informant was then brought to safety as it's getting too hot on Altis for him to stick around.

The SPA launched a final attack with mortars, probably coming from the airfield, and 2 times T-72's which were easily taken care of using the RPG-7's we found.

We're currently reinforcing the checkpoint, we are using scavenged trucks to haul supplies from the beaches quickly into Lakka, it will only be a matter of time before they will attack us. A small group is to hold the checkpoint, while the others returned to base and will be assaulting the airfield from a different direction soon.

Mission brief:

We will launch an attack at the Gravia Military Airfield. We have a team holding out in Lakka cutting of their MSR. Without SPA reinforcements from the west, our armour should be able to roll up to the base whilst defending our troop convoy. Our convoy will leave from the Pyrgos base. Try to leave the airfield as much intact as possible! Vortex is not available to soften up the airfield in advance, we need that base to get a central foothold of Altis. Anything we destroy that is not a threat will become a liability to us.

Intel Received:
We are unable to get aerial shots of the objective due to a high AA threat. We're going to have to do with a map. Our informants were also unable to gather information as most of them have fled the area. Vortex will only be able to deliver troops and supplies outside of the no-fly zone. There's a military looking facility to the east of the airfield, but we have no clue what might be in there. To conceal our approach to the airport as much as possible we will have to pass behind that complex, so proceed with caution. From there the safest route seems to be to attack the airfield in 3 stages, the initial assault on the barracks, the secondary assault on the terminal and the third assault on the hangars. We need to clear out each and every building at the airfield. We have a variety of vehicles at our disposal, most notably armoured troop carriers which may serve as good mobile cover when pushing up the airfield.

With the task force holding out at the Lakka Checkpoint we shouldn't have to worry about reinforcements that may surprise us at the airfield. Our engineers have been hard at work to give them reinforced cover and some static guns. Ammo, medic supplies and AT4's are aplenty at the checkpoint. If for any reason the task force is overrun, there are HMMWV's near the checkpoint for a quick escape. When the checkpoint is overrun, it's crucial the enemy does not get their hands on our supplies. Take them with you or destroy them when the going gets tough.

large.OPAtlas.png.54b0f229cc4cd49d9637a6

large.atlas.jpg.ae356e2da641c1944ce1d4ea

Any questions, comments or suggestions should be posted below.

P.s. Prometheus will run for 1 more week, then a one week break then 3 more consecutive weeks.

Regards,

KPJ

5 hours ago, kman said:

Are BLUFOR going to be split into Pyrgos attacking and Lakka holding forces? I imagine that split would make it hard for 1 Zeus to coordinate AI.

I've had some help from testers today and the way it's currently set-up and the added rule for the attacking forces that blowing up buildings is not permitted poses enough of a challenge and stall that it's going to be a fun 2-3 hours and it will give me plenty of time to manage both points. I'd recommend you all to dust practice some of your room-clearing skills, you're going to need it :)

But no worries, I've spent enough time in the editor to figure out where I can spawn units per OP and what would be a fair thing to do, my prep work is on point ;)

5 hours ago, Karate Pyjamas said:

I've had some help from testers today and the way it's currently set-up and the added rule for the attacking forces that blowing up buildings is not permitted poses enough of a challenge and stall that it's going to be a fun 2-3 hours and it will give me plenty of time to manage both points. I'd recommend you all to dust practice some of your room-clearing skills, you're going to need it :)

But no worries, I've spent enough time in the editor to figure out where I can spawn units per OP and what would be a fair thing to do, my prep work is on point ;)

may i request that we get a crash course for those that are not familiar with how to breach a building and engage in close quarters combat.(just to lower  the poteintial for tking)

aslo i might need a refresh of it sence the last time i had a proper course in cqc was wen @J0hnson and @Minipily was training us for the milsim thing that stalled back in the day. but it was a grate course.

may be the AWE training  committee @Amentes @BloodInTheSand can make somthing work.

1 hour ago, LEO said:

may i request that we get a crash course for those that are not familiar with how to breach a building and engage in close quarters combat.(just to lower  the poteintial for tking)

may be the AWE training  committee @Amentes @BloodInTheSand can make somthing work.

I'll certainly request that for you :)

I've spoken to KPJ and I'm happy to run a quick mock up for building clearing tomorrow night at approx. 8pm GMT on AWE. This will be done simply by running you through garrisoned buildings with all of the occupants restrained at first, then after you get the hang of it leaving them armed and able to shoot back. If anybody would like to help and deliver some actual short training on clearing then that would be fantastic.

The courses provided are not mandatory, but if you would like to know more, I highly recommend them. I tested the OP with few guys, and they ended up dead multiple times in a single building. Don't be scared though, the mission will be a lot of fun, with plenty of hectic moments and proper ArmA PTSD simulation. As you are used from me, I understand that dying isn't a lot of fun from a player perspective, but for this OP I can't balance it any further and it really comes down to how you approach a situation/building.

I'm still debating the Lakka Checkpoint operation, it really depends on the number of players we get on Saturday. If you have any input, feedback, questions or recommendations, please message me. I will try to be around for the training sessions, but with my current hectic week, I can't make promises for that.

7 hours ago, Karate Pyjamas said:

I'm still debating the Lakka Checkpoint operation, it really depends on the number of players we get on Saturday. If you have any input, feedback, questions or recommendations, please message me. I will try to be around for the training sessions, but with my current hectic week, I can't make promises for that.

I would favor NOT splitting the forces, so that Zeus can fully focus on playing resistance to our assault from Pyrgos.

If the Lakka force is playable as well, you will have to occasionally spawn attack waves against the checkpoint and keep an eye on things over there.. I'd rather have deeper experience at one front than diluted on two (unless you have second Zeus to take care of the other).

Just my 2c.

18 hours ago, BloodInTheSand said:

If anybody would like to help and deliver some actual short training on clearing then that would be fantastic.

Well myself and Mini could certainly help with MOUT, its the kinda stuff you never forget. Pretty in depth stuff but we can simplify it to save time.

23 hours ago, kman said:

I would favor NOT splitting the forces, so that Zeus can fully focus on playing resistance to our assault from Pyrgos.

If the Lakka force is playable as well, you will have to occasionally spawn attack waves against the checkpoint and keep an eye on things over there.. I'd rather have deeper experience at one front than diluted on two (unless you have second Zeus to take care of the other).

Just my 2c.

I'll make a decision once I know the number of players we get. I already have a back-up plan ready.

Guest Bartlett
On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, LEO said:

aslo i might need a refresh of it sence the last time i had a proper course in cqc was wen @J0hnson and @Minipily was training us for the milsim thing that stalled back in the day. but it was a grate course.

I don't know about the cqb part but the incidental tk'ing maybe something I might wanna look at :P