18 members have voted

1. 1. VSM Gear Pack

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Kunduz, Afghanistan

• Yes
    • No

Hey Guys, Its me again.

I've been following these two mods for a while, and i think they both work well together.

(Please actually click on the links and check these mods out before voting. Even better, download them and try them out yourselves)

VSM Gear Pack - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185842-vsm-gear-pack/

Kundez, Afganistan - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/177230-kunduz-afghanistan-10km-v1x/

Lemme know what you think!

-Zak

43 minutes ago, Ghostdragon said:

We don't need another gear pack we have enough uniforms as it is in my opinion and I don't really think that at this time it is worth getting another map, just my opinion as we only play a few of the ones that we have now.

Thats a good point, But:

i) VSM Gear Pack is high quality, small file size, and has different camos that we don't have but should (e.g. MultiCam, Scorpion, etc.)

ii) The Kunduz, Afghanistan is also high quality, and offers a terrain style that we currently only get with Al-Rayak, which is a very large map.

iii) It's my humble opinion that the Scorpion Camo Pattern offered by VSM is perfect with this map.

iv) Both these mods are actively supported

(BONUS POINT: It also offers a good load of replacement for the OCP in RHS. Have you noticed just how fucked up the arms became!)

18 minutes ago, RoyalSertr said:

The uniforms look gorgeous, at least on the screenshots. Especially the shemags on them,  I so miss the TRYK ones. But I agree, currently we have enough uniforms as is.

If we remove cup, or at least create a downsized version, we can easily incorporate it.

Also, if you want shemags, Check out the hidden identity Mod. That things even got Gas Masks!

I'm loving Kunduz, and if we do decide to remove CUP we will definitely be including this map, assuming it has no problems integrating with Gauntlet or any other MODs.

For the VSM gear pack, I agree the uniforms are lovely, but if our intention is to attract a larger player base by reducing the size of the repo, then I think a 550MB MOD isn't strictly necessary.

-R

Tried the VSM, absolute rubbish IMO. The new G3 series of uniforms in RHS are smashing so I'd just stick with them. Plus it will be even harder to maintain a uniformity among players.

One thing is the size of the repository and another is how performance hungry it is. Most of the guys at EU2 said to me that they would like to play EU3 but they don't have PC which can handle the current mod repo and well, neither have I.

Edit: Point is: If your goal is to increase player base of EU3 don't add unnecessary stuff which doesn't provide gameplay upgrade. Loose all the Gucci gear and unnecessary weapon mods.

VSM mod looks alright but RHS is better, there's still plenty of diversity in the RHS mod pack and people need to learn that less is more.

As for the Kunduz map, I would love that map but it's a lot like Zargabad, it's a map best suited for realism/milsim style missions that require counter insurgency tactics, patrolling and the general military tactics to make it as fun as it can possibly be. Not that the map would be boring with gauntlet, just stating there's great gamenight opportunities should you get the right players, attitude and mission style.

21 hours ago, Bloo Flar3 said:

Not needed, We have good uniforms already. Don't want more s*** to download or update or even mess around with. WOW Gas Masks. Who cares. It does not affect game play. NOT NEEDED

Just stick to the ones we have already.

All Right, Mr. SaltMaster, Steady on.

That Hidden Identity pack was just a suggestion for RoyalStertr. Also, people like to have a personality, a character, ya know. Something unique to identify themselves with.

As for everyone else, thanks for the feedback.

(Also, just look at those fucking arms!)

I don't think regular infantrymen need backpacks to begin with, but it would be useful to have Medics and Support teams able to 'chute in along the rank and file.

As for the Uniforms, you all know my stance. The less the better :)

As for actually doing paradrops, I'd say it should really only be something we do in nighttime ops, but there it shines as the enemy won't be alerted by low-flying aircraft.

EDIT: As has been pointed out, wrong thread indeed :)

15 hours ago, Zak said:

All Right, Mr. SaltMaster, Steady on.

That Hidden Identity pack was just a suggestion for RoyalStertr. Also, people like to have a personality, a character, ya know. Something unique to identify themselves with.

As for everyone else, thanks for the feedback.

(Also, just look at those fucking arms!)

No need for insults child.

"to identify themselves" this isn't an life RP server or eu1, adding packs that do nothing to game play [ie gas masks] is pointless and should not be added for the sake of one or two people.

14 hours ago, Amentes said:

I don't think regular infantrymen need backpacks to begin with, but it would be useful to have Medics and Support teams able to 'chute in along the rank and file.

As for the Uniforms, you all know my stance. The less the better :)

As for actually doing paradrops, I'd say it should really only be something we do in nighttime ops, but there it shines as the enemy won't be alerted by low-flying aircraft.

Night ops = Para jump... That should be a rule from now on ^_^

I'd like to offer my opinion from the perspective of a pretty new player.

While the uniforms are looking really awesome i have to agree with Ryko.

For new players it's already overkill especially with the weapons. Having 3 different M4A1's from 3 different mods just seems unnecessary and is kinda confusing.

For me the biggest problem seems to be the length of the list and in that regard SMA really is not helping because of the way they manage grips and handles on their weapons. Having 10 differently styled weapons that aren't really doing something different in list on the left is just confusing. RHS does that much better in  my opinion.

Also the 100 different body armors are a bit too much i think especially since most of them don't really fit to the camo patterns of the uniforms that well.

As already mentioned in another thread CUP is the mod that adds the most (and so is the biggest contributor to this problem) and in my opinion the solution could be dropping CUP for 1 or 2 other mods that have little variety but great quality and detail.

But i understand that this kind of stuff isn't easy to decide especially keeping in mind that the mission would have to be edited to support the repo.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way and instead takes it the way it's supposed to be:

Just the experience and opinion from the perspective of a new player (since Ryko mentioned you want to attract new players) that hopefully doesn't sound like i'm wiser and have the perfect solution (because i definitely don't). You guys have way more experience with this stuff than me.

So enough drifting of topic here :-)

See you on EU#3!

Greetz Br41n