Flares for the Hummingbird

That looks like a pretty cool mod.

I don't see the point in it for I&A though...
There are multiple Helos (with flares) to use and the Hummingbird can EASILY avoid AA missles if the pilot can react quick enough.

I will try to get some footage, but, here is my explaination to how.

When being approached by AA, fly directly AWAY from it and simply roll 45-90* left, then the same to the right... no need to turn, just roll.
Most times when doing this, the missle lock will be lost/confused and the missle will fly past the Helo, or simply drop to the ground.

As I said this works 'MOST' times, but not EVERY time.

I think the fact that the Hummingbird requires a different approach when dealing with Anti-Air (flying low, behind as much cover as possible) works in terms of balance,

it allows it to be used for different roles.

I like using it to take a Recon team to a side Mission, or if there aren't many players around, take it to the side mission myself and do some recon,

adding markers to the map and plotting multiple approach routes for the larger Helos to ensure safe landing sites.

Or making fast drops/evacs in places the bigger helos can't reach, giving it flares will likely cause people to get a little reckless with it.

I have to agree with xSniper1982, i think every pilot with a good skill can avoid AA missles.

When being approached by AA, fly directly AWAY from it and simply roll 45-90* left, then the same to the right... no need to turn, just roll.
Most times when doing this, the missle lock will be lost/confused and the missle will fly past the Helo, or simply drop to the ground.When being approached by AA, fly directly AWAY from it and

After reading this i tried myself in the editor (i am not a good pilot, i can fly but i can't land :D) and after the third try the AA missle just dropped to the ground.

I think the Hummingbird is an awesome helicopter and with it's agility you can do a lot of things which make it a little bit OP when a good skilled pilot is flying. Flares would make the Hummingbird almost unbreakable.. gg

Back when there was an unarmed orca on the server as one of the default helos I would use that exclusively, simply because the lack of flares added a new challenge to the flying of it. I still managed to set her down if not in the ao then certainly close.

If you're finding AA to be a problem, approach it in a different way, fly low to the ground, don't tke idiots suggestions as gospel for LZs, that kind of thing

okay first of all its not a mod! its only a script thats add stuff that already exist in the vanilla game.

2nd the most players that playing on the public are random players there skillLevel is about from 0 to yes i  got 7,62 for my zafir oh why i cant load the 20round mag? Ohhh autorotating not autohover i am sorry....

i also request a script thats remove the miniguns (6,5mm) and add the 20mm from the blackfoot to get serios :D

the 50cal got no crosshair in the firstP sight and his cadency is way too low, the 6,5mm makes no damage for a twin minigun

okay first of all its not a mod! its only a script thats add stuff that already exist in the vanilla game.

OK, my bad...

Let me correct....

That looks like a pretty cool script.

Also... no need to shout buddy.... jeez.

I get that people just joining aren't going to have great skills to begin...

Neither did I, I still don't...

But I did find ways that worked FOR ME..... and for others too.

Giving them an extra lifeline will more than likely make them complacent and lazy.

As it stands the Hummingbird can be a great teaching tool for newer pilots...

They learn how to AVOID missles BEFORE they learn how to use flares.

This is the crux in bucketloads. 

The Hummingbird is meant to be simple. I can understand why some players would want it to be improved, but I like it as it is.

Whilst I agree that pilots do need to learn in this order, EU1 and EU2 aren't really servers that are designed for teaching pilots to fly, a pilot's main aim on the servers is to get the troops that they are carrying onto the ground safely and whilst some pilots are more than competent at avoiding AA in the hummingbird, others with less skill see the only way to avoid missiles as mashing the flare button like there's no tomorrow. I think that the script would reduce the amount of times the hummingbird goes down around an AO and therefore get more boots on the ground safely. I think its a good suggestion for the servers, though I'm unsure whether it will be implemented.

I can see where you're coming from though, the hummingbird is an extra challenge to fly for pilots who are more confident and can be more exciting, would just be nice if the pilots who were less skilled would stick to the helicopters with countermeasures!  :)

This is the crux in bucketloads. 

The Hummingbird is meant to be simple. I can understand why some players would want it to be improved, but I like it as it is.

I agree with this. Also it's up to the troops you drop in a safe place with helicopters that do/do not have flares to take out AA threats fro closer/hotter drops in the AO. Better to thin bigger picture and Risk/reward. 

I think adding this will add to complacncy and stupid LZs from pilots, at the end of the day you get them to the fight not killed before hand. 

I agree on all so from next update ill be removing all flare's from any Helo or plane with get spawned for the players to use 

Also we will be removing all AA missles from the AA buzzard 

And we will add a wipeout to compensate this also removed the flares AA and agm ofc 

Nha jokes beside the little bird isn't hard to fly without flares and stock wise it comes without yes we could add the script but for no we wont because there is no need for it 

I agree on all so from next update ill be removing all flare's from any Helo or plane with get spawned for the players to use 

And we will add a wipeout to compensate this also removed the flares AA and agm ofc 

Almost had a heart attack  :wacko:

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2016 at 9:31 PM, S0zi0p4th said:

Nha jokes beside the little bird isn't hard to fly without flares and stock wise it comes without yes we could add the script but for no we wont because there is no need for it 

this made me think well drone are dead lol thos thing are hard to keap alive below 1200m :-D with out flare :-D