• Tried it in the VA and I like it
    • Tried it in the VA and didn't like it
    • Haven't tried it but it looks good
    • Haven't tried it but I don't like the look of it
  2. 2. Think it has a place in EU#3?

• Yeah
    • Nope

Guest DwayneBrooklyn

I know before I suggested some berets for the server, and yeah I will concede; they were shite! But now I think I've found the ultimate mod for EU#3, and multiple nerdgasms later I've managed to compose myself enough to make a forum post!

Please don't just shoot this down as another suggestion that's 'not needed', I want y'all to get a good look at this and even try it yourself's in the VA (I'll put a tutorial for that below). As a Brit, I need some way of releasing my patriotism and this is it!

First off this mod is split into 3 parts; Units, Weapons and Gear/Kit. The Weapons & Gear/Kit is what this post is more about. The units section enables admins to do stuff like enable safety on weapons on spawn and stuff like that. I'll start with the Gear/Kit part.

Gear/Kit

This mod comes with more than just beret's (and the beret's are folded correctly, not like the stock ARMA 3 version!), it comes with just about everything you need to be a true brit, including my personal favorite item - the bergen! For all you American's, that's a backpack to you! Also included in this is the British Army camouflage AND all the British army style vests. Oh and the best part, on one of the uniforms you even get a little shoulder patch with the Royal Marines Commando badge on it! Here's one I made earlier. You can even make an SAS guy. And for when Raz is doing those training sessions there's even a recruit beret and the training gear to go with it! There's even British Army Helmet's with all the camo patterns and shapes you've ever wanted.

There's so much more gear to mention but you can check it out yourself. Also when it comes to the whole dressup timing argument, it can easily be resolved by hiding the majority of this from the in-server arsenal. 

Weapons

This is the British Army so prepare for some L85's, amongst a butt-ton of other L's! Again there's too many to list but I can assure you they're all good stuff. I had my buddy (whom completed Royal Marines Cadet training) check out the weapons' appearance and mechanics and they all check out. The sounds are also authentic for the most part, which is pretty satisfying I will admit. And when it comes to Raz's training nights, Raz can be safe that nobody's gonna get nailed by a friendly when the L85's come with blank magazines and Blank Fire Adapters. Also according to the creator of these packs, everything is compatible with Ace.

Wanna try these mods yourself outside of the server? You can! Follow this tutorial;

1) Download the mods. I've uploaded them to Mega because Armaholic can be hella slow on times.

Gear - https://mega.nz/#!6RdS0ayS!0-yWgdh9An1NkVGJQOnWAoQDK5eQJ5veTYEusXL15ok

Weapons - https://mega.nz/#!3I9A0KjJ!HxjwnWvLT8RJGsItqSZvYK5Ad41jeNPUzLYFR1pvGUo

2) Unzip the files and place the @... folders inside the ARMA 3 folder along with all the other @ folders.

3) Open ArmA3Sync and hit 'Groups' > 'Add' in the top left and name it whatever you like. "BAF test" for example.

4) Then while on the Addons tab, hit the green circle refresh button and you should see the two circular @3cb_baf_..... appear. Drag them into your new folder "BAF test" as in my example.

5) Hit 'Select All' above the Addon Groups box. Then you're good to go. Everything can be found in the Virtual Arsenal. Don't try and use these on EU#3 as you'll probably get me in trouble!

If you have any questions or whatever about this mod or wanna know why I think it's a great add-on, please reply below. This is a forum after all!

Links

Original creator's forum posts;

Gear/Kit - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182771-3cb-baf-equipment/

Weapons - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/180966-3cb-baf-weapons/

Units - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174740-3cb-baf-units/

Download for Gear/Kit & Weapons - https://mega.nz/#F!Ld1VnTaA!1a91BOdWweaxMYA-zGQr8A

Guest DwayneBrooklyn
There is at least enough equipment already to pretend to be UK soldier, such as uniform and the L85 rifle.

I have to disagree. There is currently no uniform in the arsenal which is accurate to any UK branch of military. The L85 which is currently in the arsenal is nothing compared to what's in this pack. I recommend to try this mod out then let me know what you think.

I agree with Dwayne. This mod pack adds a lot more flexibility to players who want to play as the Royal Marines or other british forces. I tried this myself and I believe it will definitely add a lot more to the server and I know quite a few people who will really enjoy this.

I'll be that guy again that saids no. Atleast to some mods.

Funny thing is, I've already added the weapon pack once, on request. Did not turn out well; the quality of the weapons is not up to standard of the weapons we already use. So after the pack was added people complained the pack was bad quality. Plus the only reason we added it was because of the L85 (for which we have the standard rifle in now), most other weapons are already in the modpack.

Unit pack has no purpose what so ever, apart from making it easier to place units (which are already placed). But to use it you need the other mods, which is not really practical because it adds a lot of duplicate weapons of lesser quality. Plus we use a custom loadout script with custom loadouts (that have required ACE items) anyway so we may as well do it manually.

The only one that may be interesting is the equipment pack. It has some useless equipment, like the Soflam, glasses and NVG. And some useful equipment like the HMG, GMG and mortar packs that you put in the launchers slot, so you can bring an HMG and a backpack at the same time.

Guest DwayneBrooklyn
I'll be that guy again that saids no. Atleast to some mods.

The only one that may be interesting is the equipment pack. It has some useless equipment, like the Soflam, glasses and NVG. And some useful equipment like the HMG, GMG and mortar packs that you put in the launchers slot, so you can bring an HMG and a backpack at the same time.

Fair enough. The equipment pack is really the one that I'm gunning for the most here. There's a serious lack of British Army uniforms in the Arsenal and, understandably, as a Brit I've always wanted to able to wear uniforms that represent my country. Yeah it does come with some useless shite but even if you blacklisted everything in that pack aside from the uniforms, vests and those bergens I'd be a very happy bunny! Oh, and the green commando beret, need that too!

If it's a British thing, then there are a few notable weapons missing: including the L86 LSW and the L85 with attached grenade launcher.

As long as it's not another gig of stuff to download, then I'd be cool with MODs that add some more nation's gear (including perhaps German?).

-R

If it's a British thing, then there are a few notable weapons missing: including the L86 LSW and the L85 with attached grenade launcher.

As long as it's not another gig of stuff to download, then I'd be cool with MODs that add some more nation's gear (including perhaps German?).

-R

well to be honest both those items are in... 

L85A2 with L123A2 Ladder - UGL with ladder sight

L85A2 with L123A3 HWS - UGL with holographic red dot sight

*** Light Support Weapon 'LSW' / Sharpshooter (5.56mm) ***

L86A2 - with deployable bi-pod, originally for suppression, latterly as a sharpshooter

as can be found on the bis forum link ;)

and like said above i would love the equipment because of the hmg/gmg/mortar on launcher slot and not backpack

Guest DwayneBrooklyn
It`s a decend pack, used it on the official mod-makers server when it was in development/early stage, it was quite good.

But, I believe we already have enough weapons, uniforms, items available.

We certainly do have enough weapons and uniforms, but unfortunately next to none of them are British used! Even if the uniforms pack was just added, that'd make a lot of lot of happy chaps! I mean c'mon, who doesn't wanna be Royal Marines Commando!! 

I get where you're coming from though, it's just more stuff for people to piss about with on spawn. Thus my recommendation would be to add them to the repo but hide them from the in-game arsenal, forcing people to spend some time in the VA and save some loadouts. 

I agree that the weapons aren't needed but I would definitely like to see the equipment pack in the game. The uniforms are of a fantastic quality and represent what the British forces use to a great standard. I thoroughly enjoy playing on the server with British gear but sadly the uniforms, vests and backpacks in the game are all either for America or other countries which aren't the United Kingdom. There is a uniform in the game with a Union Jack on it but it is a fake uniform (from vanilla arma 3) and doesn't look anything like what the Royal Marines actually use. Plus it's only around 300mb and doesn't take long to download at all. I believe it would vastly improve the playing experience for both myself and others who like to play as a British soldier.

well to be honest both those items are in... 

as can be found on the bis forum link ;)

and like said above i would love the equipment because of the hmg/gmg/mortar on launcher slot and not backpack

Rana, are you saying they're available in the EU3 arsenal?  Because I haven't seen them there.  Unless I am blind.

Guest DwayneBrooklyn
Rana, are you saying they're available in the EU3 arsenal?  Because I haven't seen them there.  Unless I am blind.

He means they are in the pack.

We already have a big selection of uniforms and weapons to choose from. I don't believe we need this.

But like I've explained there's no British uniforms. From a Britsh perspective, we need this!

You are looking at this idea from completely the wrong perspective. I would like it to be added so there is more gear for british soldiers, not so it fills up the gear menu. Eu3 is meant to be fun for everyone. If I am being rushed into battle with gear I don't want, I'm not going to enjoy playing and thus there is no point in playing.

Guest DwayneBrooklyn
This issue was addressed months ago as well. It was getting out of hand. They removed a LOT of gear because if you want to play dress-up, then don't take up slots on the server but do it on the VAS in the main menu. So keep on trying, switching back and forth between more and less gear isn't going to happen.

You clearly haven't read the OP well enough. I suggested adding the equipment to VA but blacklisting it for the in-server arsenal. Thus meaning it will have no effect on dressup.

At the end of the day people are always gonna play dressup. You could put 5 uniforms in the entire arsenal and people will still piss about getting dressed. A small price to pay in my eyes.

You clearly haven't read the OP well enough. I suggested adding the equipment to VA but blacklisting it for the in-server arsenal. Thus meaning it will have no effect on dressup.

That is a great idea. I can play with the gear i want and "dress up" isn't added to. Brilliant

There's quite a big group out there whose in for forced load-outs, and I certainly wouldn't mind it if that was to happen. Personally if people are going to choose to miss a mission or wait for a respawn wave then I personally think you shouldn't even be at the server at that moment hoarding a slot.

But really, I don't see any reason to care so much about what gear you are wearing, others don't really care so the only one who bothers is the player himself who's then running around 90% of the time in 3rd person view. So is it needed? No, not at all. Which is exactly why I'm against more shinies that don't add to the gameplay, I'd rather have people suggest mods that add to the ability to play the game.

Guest DwayneBrooklyn

If people would rather miss a wave and play dressup then yeah, those people need some discipline. I'm talking with regards to the majority of normal players. 

Appearance gives a better experience for some players, at the end of the day this server is about having some fun while keeping stuff as realistic as possible. If the realism is all that matters, then here's the best mod for you - http://www.army.mod.uk/join/

I find that suggestion incredibly amusing. I'm not the one suggesting fancy pants for a better gameplay (realism?) experience. The thing is to do missions on the server, not trying to match the color of your boots with your helmet, I seriously don't understand why people care so much about how they look in game. I don't care about load-outs as long as I am recognizable for my team so I don't get shot in the back.