1. 1. What's your thoughts on this?

• Tried it in the VA and I like it
    • Tried it in the VA and didn't like it
    • Haven't tried it but it looks good
    • Haven't tried it but I don't like the look of it
  2. 2. Think it has a place in EU#3?

• Yeah
    • Nope

I find that suggestion incredibly amusing. I'm not the one suggesting fancy pants for a better gameplay (realism?) experience. The thing is to do missions on the server, not trying to match the color of your boots with your helmet, I seriously don't understand why people care so much about how they look in game. I don't care about load-outs as long as I am recognizable for my team so I don't get shot in the back.

Because everyone is different and has different views on how to play the game. I like to match my uniform because I feel more professional and since I am enjoying the gameplay more, I perform better in battle.

Guest DwayneBrooklyn
I find that suggestion incredibly amusing. I'm not the one suggesting fancy pants for a better gameplay (realism?) experience. The thing is to do missions on the server, not trying to match the color of your boots with your helmet, I seriously don't understand why people care so much about how they look in game. I don't care about load-outs as long as I am recognizable for my team so I don't get shot in the back.

Everyone has different ways of getting the best experience, whether it be hyper-realism, looking good or equipping their weapon with every attachment under the sun! AW is trying to cater for all that. You can't just cater for those that want the realism. 

I'm totally in agreement with you that at the end of the day it's the missions that matter and not how good you look, but I'd at least like to have option of looking the part given that's what makes my experience and, lest we forget, others too.

I'm fully aware of what it looks like however in Arma, MTP is MTP. The only difference is that different mods have slightly different textures and quality for armed forces uniforms. I believe its pointless for adding a mod for a camo type of uniform we already have access to even if the one we already have is of a lower quality.

Guest DwayneBrooklyn
I'm fully aware of what it looks like however in Arma, MTP is MTP. The only difference is that different mods have slightly different textures and quality for armed forces uniforms. I believe its pointless for adding a mod for a camo type of uniform we already have access to even if the one we already have is of a lower quality.

Fair enough. It's not so much the camo that I'm bothered about it's the overall design of the uniform itself. The British uniform is a very distinctive one, the current one's in ARMA all look the same with basic reskins. It's not simply the uniform that's in this pack, it's the helmets (of which there's nothing currently in the repo which comes close to the designs in the mod) and of course the berets. 

In all honesty I'm failing to see how adding this mod would negatively effect the gameplay. If you guys would just add it for a month or something in a trial run and see how it goes that could be an idea. Being as it's only 300MB the download time could be counted on one hand!

It's a pity this couldn't be run as a client-side mod as far as uniforms go: you know, you see the British MTU uniform or whatever on your screen, and everyone else just sees the mission-specific camo.

As far as the AI is concerned, the camo pattern used matters not one iota.  Technically, we should all be wearing snow cam so that we can see each other properly.

-R

Guest DwayneBrooklyn

I do like that idea, only those who have the mod can see it on oneself and others of whom have it. If the devs (or whoever) can see if that's possible then that could be an idea.