Revive bug tracking

Bonjour lovelies

Would you mind posting what is broken from your experience in the revive system please?

so far it's understood there's possibly a UI issue amongst a couple other things.

Be as specific as possible and know that this is not necessarily a suggestion thread, more of a bug report.

Thank you! :)

After I got shot by a Tigris, a medic came running towards me. I could see his distance from me and was able to rotate the camera around. No problem. Chat was disabled as that was made known to us.

The bug came when after the treatment animation. I was still down and he tried the second time to no avail. I had to respawn as it was beyond help.

Notable bugs,  

Revive keeps failing half way through,  consistently requiring to restart the process (several times) . 

After revive person is stuck and cannot move, but to the medic he is untreatable. 

Revive option does not appear. 

Carry option shows no one in your arms (technically not revive but related) 

Not bugs but needs changing as they have made the medic pointless, 

Insta death with no chance of revive, it's just pointless on a vanilla (non-sim) server. 

Not being able to chat while down, it helped a lot to relay problems to the medic. 

Obvious map markers and had markers to show downed comrades, having them the same as unidentified ai is silly, the orange was great. 

Please make the medic fun again, I'm bored of being a hilltop sniper/marksman/AT already. If I wanted realism I'd play aweu3

Last night I was helping stanhope on EU4 with testing, I think one of the main things we discovered was that being shot by a lightning bolt can cause you to go down somtimes and somtimes kill you, Same with being shot to the head, It is a very random situation of either going down or staying alive.

4 hours ago, Gamerbug said:

What is the gear saving issue?

Also, and I this is probably a dumb question, but what was wrong with the old system? was there an incompatibility or was it discontinued or something.

Player will find their gears reset to default, is it?

I echo @Gamerbug's sentiments. During I&A 2.8x, public players helped out by dragging/carrying downed players into cover or to the nearest medic (or HEMTT Medical *coughs*).

If the new system is too buggy, we should just stick with what BI already implemented; a straight-forward revive system.

11 hours ago, D.Devil said:

People still seem to insta die 9 out of 10 times, not sure if this was suppose to change with the update or not. If not, then please disregard my post. :) 

I was in around 6 hours ago. @Mark T got insta-killed twice while on my watch.

Spoiler

@Gamerbug For this session, I am proud to say I played as medic but still loaded my HEMTT Medical with ATs and APs.

26 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

I was in around 6 hours ago. @Mark T got insta-killed twice while on my watch.

Hide contents

@Gamerbug For this session, I am proud to say I played as medic but still loaded my HEMTT Medical with ATs and APs.

Well to be fair Raz didn't say what the update addressed, just that there was one. Removing instakill might not have been one of the points dealt with.

4 hours ago, Gamerbug said:

Worked ok for the one guy I got chance to try on, but there was a big field of medics on last night and D Devil in a Medical Hemmt so made it hard for me to test, but sounds like he had less favourable results.

@D.Devil If I happen to be on the same time as U are, please hand my HEMTT Medical back to yours truly. Much appreciated. Do not forget to fill the travel logs... ^_^

11 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

@D.Devil If I happen to be on the same time as U are, please hand my HEMTT Medical back to yours truly. Much appreciated. Do not forget to fill the travel logs... ^_^

Ah so those were your buttcheeks printed in the seat huh.. wasn't very comfortable sitting in the drivers seat for too long.

And sorry @Gamerbug could've said something and I wouldn't have worked as hard. :P

1 hour ago, D.Devil said:

Ah so those were your buttcheeks printed in the seat huh.. wasn't very comfortable sitting in the drivers seat for too long.

And sorry @Gamerbug could've said something and I wouldn't have worked as hard. :P

No worries I would have said if it was bothering me, it wasn't, besides I was 60% playing the game and 40% trying to figure out how to get OBS and twitch working in unison as it's a bit of a new thing for me.

However I'd like to see rollerskates implemented to help out as a mini hemmt.

• 1 month later...

@razgriz33

I have come across several specific bugs that others may have mentioned:

1. In some instances, there is no available option to revive, drag, carry etc. This could be a texture glitch but the medical revive "symbol" is above there body where is should be. 

2. Insta-death is something that I strongly disagree. I understand that in most cases you do down and any damage after that kills you, but when you and your squad accidentally runs into a tigris and as the medic see your screen fill up with red revive symbols and then have the explosive rounds finish off your teammates can be very frustrating. A "fix" of this would be to be invincible after death and have two options available, one to call for a medic, this would increase your star of life symbol. (Similar to pinging a zeus, your player icon increases in size and then gradually shrinks) The second button would be a "give up" button where you just respawn. 

3. When dragging a teammate and you are killed, your teammate is stuck in the drag position, unable to be revived for "re-dragged".

That's all the major bugs and a suggestion!

--Doc