AWE connection issue

We see more and more with certain connection issue while trying to join AWE  

While I did reinstall the server a week or 2 ago nothing changed there and we can't seem to figure out what the issue is 

What I should like is any one with issues to post a reply here with what they are having for issue what they tried them self's and Iff they found a fix we can try 

1 main rule any bad mouthing in anyway in this thread will be dealt with on the harsh way 

Greets Sozio 

• S0zi0p4th pinned and featured this topic

What I experience, not sure if its an actual error.

When game is syncing with the server, that last step before you control your character, the game slightly freezes (as it has in the past, potato PC here) and BattlEye detects you`ve lost some cruical packets and decides to kick you off with a reason "BattlEye: Client Not Responding".

BE FAQ says, it must be a connection issue. Well, in my case, its not, the connection never drops, no packet loss occurs.

Note: that only happens when I am JIP-ing to the server. If you join the session, while it`s in the lobby, I am fine.

14 minutes ago, PERO said:

What I experience, not sure if its an actual error.

When game is syncing with the server, that last step before you control your character, the game slightly freezes (as it has in the past, potato PC here) and BattlEye detects you`ve lost some cruical packets and decides to kick you off with a reason "BattlEye: Client Not Responding".

BE FAQ says, it must be a connection issue. Well, in my case, its not, the connection never drops, no packet loss occurs.

Note: that only happens when I am JIP-ing to the server. If you join the session, while it`s in the lobby, I am fine.

That's a much better explanation of what I get as well.

Thanks for the reminder Lost.

I've been having an issue for several months now where I'm unable to join a mission on EU3/AWE when it's in progress. In order to load in, I must slot up at mission start, and have the admin wait at the map screen until I'm loaded in (on my screen, not from the loading indicator on the server). Only then am I able to join.

The error given when I'm kicked is BE Client Not Responding.

AWE is the only server this occurs on.

I'm going to try out the steps in JJ Cakes' thread some time today, and see if they help.

So my problem has deteriorated so that I now have @Fraggloid's issue. I am unable to join the server due to Battleye Client Not Responding. On top of this BE has decided to start blocking parts of ACE as shown below, this may be a separate issue but I think it still makes joining impossible even if the former problem is sorted. Note: It seems to block a different part of ACE each time I load.

77c5bd2c6acb56b0d430156a8b742663.png

It started after the last Repo update for me. When I join AWE I can choose a slot and load in. After choosing my loadout and boarding the chopper I get kicked off with Battleeye telling me that the connection to the server has been lost. The issue is fixed after rejoining, but I don't want to take the extra step all the time.

Hey, just checking if the people with the Battleeye issues have done this? (Spoiler below) I'm not sure if this is still valid, but I remember people who didn't do this, also had trouble connecting to the server first time. (including me)

Or I'm probably misunderstanding the problem. :P

Spoiler

x0gSy7d.png

1 hour ago, Mr.Missalot said:

Hide contents

First thing we all tried.

S0zi0, the only thing I can figure it out as being is the time BE takes to decide that we aren't responding. When joining in at mission start, the loading sequence is split in two; when joining in progress, it's one long batch. Simply put, we're trying to load too much at once; short of buying new PCs, the only fix I can see is to either change that timer, or disable battleye. I can't speak for others, but AWE is the only server I get this on; I've played other heavily modded servers (including ones using our exact modpack) and didn't get this issue.

As an addendum, I can play most other recent games, and have indeed played AWE without this issue previously. It's a recent thing.

I'm assuming those who experience this issue will have tried to verify their game files. If that didn't do it, try removing the BEClient.dll from "AppData\Local\Arma 3\BattlEye" as well as "steamapps\common\Arma 3\BattlEye". Then verify again or PM me / someone who you know has no issues to upload theirs. That's the first result I get from googling, but googling has been proven troublesome, so there you have it.

If you let Steam verify and re-download the .dll, be sure to duplicate it from that second directory into the first.

Also make sure you have no unnecessary spikes in bandwidth use. A simple ping test will show you inconsistent latency -- to do so, run cmd, ping your localhost ("ping 192.168.2.1 -t" for example, the -t at the end being important). Also ping a stable external IP, like a Google DNS ("ping 8.8.8.8 -t"). Let that run for a minute. If you find deviations of more than a few milliseconds, check for bogus programs that pretend to monitor or improve your connection. Kill them.

There are known offenders, googling for them will identify if you have one. NetGuard is one of the usual suspects.

BattlEye is a notorious wimp, any non-normal bandwidth behaviour will net you a slap on the wrist in the form of disconnects.

Personally I doubt it's a lack of processing power. I've seen people run EU3 mods on laptops whose coup de grace is long overdue.

16 hours ago, SkullCollector said:

Personally I doubt it's a lack of processing power. I've seen people run EU3 mods on laptops whose coup de grace is long overdue.

Stop shaming my Lenovo T530, it runs ARMA and more specifically AWE like a *dream*. That being said, I hear people complain about dropping to 12-15 fps with high end PC's and I rarely get below 20 on my laptop. I only lagg out when a lot of gunfire happens or during explosions, but that's just a single second spike before it settles.

Once I get a ticket failure check I can only solve it by restarting my entire laptop. If I connect fine the first try and I quit the game later on and restart it I immediately get errors. So I can only play once per boot. Another thing I have noticed is that if I am still on a fresh boot, but have been doing other stuff (even just idling for a long time) and then try to join I get errors too. Perhaps it has something to do with memory allocation or leaks.

• 3 weeks later...

Unsure if it's related, but at least once a day I'm hitting a brick wall with the "Session Lost" error every time I connect. 5-10 minutes after joining EU3 I wind up dropping for seemingly no reason. Only thing that resolves it is a cache verification every single time. Seems to just be a problem related to Arma 3, as this isn't the first time I've had this issue but it's happening consistently on EU3.

So, after testing some stuff with Loggieman in a test server we managed to identify his "kicked by battleye" problem, he has subscribed items in the workshop that where conflicting with AWE mods (check attached screenshot).

The easy way to fix this is to unsubscribe the duplicate items from the workshop.

If you don't want to do that, find me on TS and I will guide you step-by-step.

Capture.PNG

• S0zi0p4th unpinned and unfeatured this topic