What happened to the vote?!

I think the vote has more been used now as a way of seeing what people prefer rather than an actual final decision or swap, the re-implementation of TFAR has been talked about after the vote.

I think the final decision came down to whether or not ACRE is more practical and worth keeping.

It seems that although there have been more votes towards TFAR, team ACRE had more valid and relatable points towards its keeping.

At the end of the day both mods do the same job slightly differently, its mostly down to preference.

Well, why have a discussion on forums in a first place? If most of the EU3 veterans prefer ACRE it was decided long before there was the voting pool. And more importantly, if it was decided that ACRE is staying, why nobody from AW-Staff wrote anything about it in the thread?

I know you will tell me that they are busy, but how much time does it take to write: "Despite that TFAR won voting we are keeping ACRE because frequent EU3 players like it better and it will represent more time to switch to TFAR which we can invest in a better way."

I would appreciate more intel about coming updates for the missions, feedback threads on recent changes and such.

about: "we don't have 80 players":

I voted too in that pool despite that I was not on Enhanced for past 2 months. The reason is my machine does not have enough performance for the host of mods running there to be an enjoyable experience for me, but after MB and CPU upgrade I intend to play there again. My vote was for TFAR because I love little things like that window which tells me what frequency and radio I am using every time I push PTT, LR vehicle radios, backpacks and range based on the distance that is working reliably on every map created. I did not know that I have to repeat points of others in the discussion for my vote to have any weight.

And yes I used ACRE2 for an extended period of time to test it how it compares to TFAR which was released for ARMA 3 earlier then ACRE2. I admit that in my little group we keep using TFAR for the same reason you choose to stay with ACRE2. Nobody wanted to adapt.

8 hours ago, Colsta said:

Well, to be fair, it had over 80 votes IIRC, and EU3 has nowhere near that amount of players.

80 votes is really not surprising, for a few reasons.

1. While the server rarely (if ever) reaches capacity, the 20-something average players on the server are not the same 20 players every day.  Some people play all week, some only on weekends, and some only a few times a month. A healthy server will only have a small minority of its total players connected to the server at any given time.

2. It's safe to say that some of the people voting for TFAR are players who no longer play on the server due to the switch to ACRE, and if the switch to TFAR was made they would potentially return.

I'm not confirming or denying the changes, if any, that may occur as a result of the vote, I just wanted to clear up the misconception about the vote not being accurate based solely on number of votes.

2 hours ago, Cebi said:

Well, why have a discussion on forums in a first place? If most of the EU3 veterans prefer ACRE it was decided long before there was the voting pool. And more importantly, if it was decided that ACRE is staying, why nobody from AW-Staff wrote anything about it in the thread?

I know you will tell me that they are busy, but how much time does it take to write: "Despite that TFAR won voting we are keeping ACRE because frequent EU3 players like it better and it will represent more time to switch to TFAR which we can invest in a better way."

I would appreciate more intel about coming updates for the missions, feedback threads on recent changes and such.

about: "we don't have 80 players":

I voted too in that pool despite that I was not on Enhanced for past 2 months. The reason is my machine does not have enough performance for the host of mods running there to be an enjoyable experience for me, but after MB and CPU upgrade I intend to play there again. My vote was for TFAR because I love little things like that window which tells me what frequency and radio I am using every time I push PTT, LR vehicle radios, backpacks and range based on the distance that is working reliably on every map created. I did not know that I have to repeat points of others in the discussion for my vote to have any weight.

And yes I used ACRE2 for an extended period of time to test it how it compares to TFAR which was released for ARMA 3 earlier then ACRE2. I admit that in my little group we keep using TFAR for the same reason you choose to stay with ACRE2. Nobody wanted to adapt.

The decision still hasn't been taken in anyway there more things to consider then just the vote  

I am sorry staff hasn't been talking on this on the forum more but we are trying to restructure multiple things (  ore about this in the future)

About the 80 vote your semi correct but we also cross ref uid's and ip's and we noticed in both camps people who never ever set a foot near eu#3 

Asoon we got more info I will come back to you guys ( you are always welcome to poke me on TS if you want info and if I can give it ) 

2 hours ago, Mouldy said:

2. It's safe to say that some of the people voting for TFAR are players who no longer play on the server due to the switch to ACRE, and if the switch to TFAR was made they would potentially return.

If that is the case, then some people really haven't got their priorities straight. Both mods function perfectly fine, one just requires discipline.