Advanced Movement

PiNKMiST

Question

Hello AhoyWorld, I would like to suggest a mod for the server. Enhanced Movement. I have many hours (2400+) playing Arma as a Combat Life Saver/Medic/Paramedic. I have run the length and breadth of Stratis, Altis and Malden. Moving round the town's, trying to avoid Tanks/APCS/etc, to get to a downed player, can leave the medic totally cornered at times and unable to complete the journey. Enhanced movement would provide a small chance of completing the journey to the injured player, as the medic could climb over a wall and into the next yard/garden. Running and vaulting the small walls and fences, without breaking stride should have been included by Bohemia, but alas, like so many useful and somewhat important things, they didn't do it. We used it on a server I used to Mod, was a very welcome addition for all the players who are infantry. Thanks for reading, P!NKM!ST :)

6 answers to this question

Thank you for your suggestion @PiNKMiST 

Enhanced movement was discussed with members of corestaff and we came to the conclusion that it will introduce game play/graphics issues on the server for players that do not have it installed and potentially create an uneven playing field, thus the mod will not be deployed on EU1.

I'm not very familiar with this mod, but from what I can gather this is a server side mod? As with so many great mods this creates a problem for EU1, where we keep the mods allowed client side only. This is done to ensure that joining the server for new players is as effortless as possible to keep the player numbers up.

AWE our enhanced server used to cater to the player base that liked a more heavily modified and structured experience, unfortunately AWE is on hold until I&A4 is released hopefully in the near future.

Our game nights also feature custom mods, like for example the Unsung campaign running on Fridays currently. Where suggestions and/or contributions can be made by basically anyone participating. 

Enhanced movement is great when it works but it tends to randomly stop working after an amount of time and the player is forced to relog to fix it. 

I personally love using enhanced movement for the reasons @PiNKMiST gave.

If it can be implemented as an optional mod then I would agree with using it as it would not take away from the accessibility of EU1, but the big drawback is that the mod appears to be no longer supported by the developer and will likely have issues which will go unresolved.